Poefolk Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: Fair

Fuji X100T

Poefolk's gear list:Poefolk's gear list
Fujifilm XP90 Fujifilm X100V Sony a7R IV Sony a7C Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +4 more
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Forum Pro • Posts: 12,304
Around Washington DC

X-E4 with Fuji 27mm F2.8 WR, manual focus. ISO bracketed pseudo HDRs.

Mosaic by Marc Chagall, 1969, about 15ft across, outdoors near pavilion at fountain at National Gallery of Art. This is behind the right side of the pavilion, in a work area not easy for the wandering public to access. Hopefully the work will be done soon and it will again be in the circuit.

The Hirshhorn exterior is being renovated. This scaffolding goes all around it, and is quite an achievement.

A couple years ago, this was the Newseum.

I don't know what this building is going to be now. For a view of how it used to look, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newseum

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Cooper: a person who makes wooden containers from timber.

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 +14 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324
Doing What Beavers Do

An American Beaver, Castor canadensis, doing what beavers do best: (1) dining at the aquatic salad bar, and (2) making a "dam nuisance" of themselves. A bit of beaver humor for ya there...

They are often quite afraid of humans, and are quick to submerge for safety, but once in a while, we run across one that has not yet learned to fear humans. So it was with this one. It actually swam closer once it saw me, and gave me a good looking over before going about its business.

Photographed in New Hampshire with my X-T20 and 50-230mm.

-- hide signature --
tacogeoff
tacogeoff Regular Member • Posts: 328
A few photos from this weekend

Sooc

tacogeoff's gear list:tacogeoff's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +1 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 14,171
Re: Poppies in the Fen

Magnificent shot, Jem.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +40 more
TrophyJem
TrophyJem Regular Member • Posts: 361

biza43 wrote:

Lovely.

Thanks very much ๐Ÿ˜Š

TrophyJem
  1. jhorse wrote:

Wonderful scene.

Thank you. They were just sitting at the side of my walk way ๐Ÿ˜€

TrophyJem

Morris0 wrote:

This is sweet Jem

Morris

Thanks Morris. Appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

TrophyJem

SigmaChrome wrote:

Magnificent shot, Jem.

Thank you Vitée. Appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

Del Tommo
Del Tommo Junior Member • Posts: 29
Moments before Disaster

Narrowly escaping death from this viciously approaching creature.

X70 - 18.5mm F2.8 - Classic Chrome

Del Tommo's gear list:Del Tommo's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm +1 more
Shinyschnapper
Shinyschnapper Regular Member • Posts: 200
Long Exposure

Long exposure 100 seconds seascape at Chemical Beach, Seaham.  These are the old train tracks going in to the sea for dumping waste.  Fuji XH1 with 50-140 with 1.4 TC shot at f16, ISO 200 with a KASE 10 stop ND on the front.  I'm not sprightly enough to get down on to the beach so it was shot from on top of the cliff.  Edited in Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

Stewie Griffin for President

Shinyschnapper's gear list:Shinyschnapper's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II +1 more
Michael Floyd Regular Member • Posts: 433
Nellie the Donkey in Colour!

I normally lean distinctly towards more muted colours and tones, however this shot of Nellie our donkey just had such a striking blue background that I couldn't bring myself to tone it down.

Crazy ISO and shutter speed setting I notice in the exif, not intentional I'd say, just asleep at the wheel. It doesn't seem to have hurt the image too much though regardless.

SMC Pentax K 55/1.8 at I don't know what aperture. xpro3.

Processed in Capture One that I'm demoing this month after being with Rawtherapee for a long time... mind you, this shot has almost nothing done to it after the base profile and curve - a tiny bit of structure and some sharpening. A little lift in the middle of the luma curve and a little NR.

Nellie

p.s.  Shinyschnapper, I love your photo directly above my post ^^   Very, very nice indeed!

Michael Floyd's gear list:Michael Floyd's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Zeiss Loxia 50 +6 more
CeeDave
CeeDave Senior Member • Posts: 2,112
Re: Moments before Disaster

Del Tommo wrote:

Narrowly escaping death from this viciously approaching creature.

X70 - 18.5mm F2.8 - Classic Chrome

Ducks are among the earliest-evolved birds, and so they are among the closest living relatives to T. rex…so count yourself lucky on your escape! Nice, fun picture!

-- hide signature --

Chris
Striving to make the quotidian quotable.

CeeDave's gear list:CeeDave's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +11 more
Shinyschnapper
Shinyschnapper Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: Nellie the Donkey in Colour!

Michael Floyd wrote:

I normally lean distinctly towards more muted colours and tones, however this shot of Nellie our donkey just had such a striking blue background that I couldn't bring myself to tone it down.

Crazy ISO and shutter speed setting I notice in the exif, not intentional I'd say, just asleep at the wheel. It doesn't seem to have hurt the image too much though regardless.

SMC Pentax K 55/1.8 at I don't know what aperture. xpro3.

Processed in Capture One that I'm demoing this month after being with Rawtherapee for a long time... mind you, this shot has almost nothing done to it after the base profile and curve - a tiny bit of structure and some sharpening. A little lift in the middle of the luma curve and a little NR.

Nellie

p.s. Shinyschnapper, I love your photo directly above my post ^^ Very, very nice indeed!

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Stewie Griffin for President

Shinyschnapper's gear list:Shinyschnapper's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II +1 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,698
Little ones with feathers

All of these were taken quickly in deep shade and the resultant very low shutter speeds. Tripod with gimble plus stabilization makes for crisp images at 600mm with proper long lens technique.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Artur Darulewski Contributing Member • Posts: 586
Re: Little ones with feathers

Nicely done Morris!

You did your best to keep your camera steady on the 1st photo, but apparently some weak air stream moved few feathers under the eye. 1/50s was not enough to freeze this move, but exposure is excellent and clean.

I especially like the lastย  "sparrow kiss"

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,698
Re: Little ones with feathers

Artur Darulewski wrote:

Nicely done Morris!

You did your best to keep your camera steady on the 1st photo, but apparently some weak air stream moved few feathers under the eye. 1/50s was not enough to freeze this move, but exposure is excellent and clean.

I especially like the last "sparrow kiss"

Cheers,

Artur

Thank you Artur,

I used zone focus for the first and I think focus was 1/2 way between eye and side.  The last is a food exchange between mother and chick.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Schleiermacher Senior Member • Posts: 2,533
Urban Scenes

I recently received the XF50/2 I’ve had on back-order for several weeks. I took it out yesterday for a photo walk in downtown Memphis. Here are three from the day.

enjoy,

Matt

Still LIfe, Cafe Keough, Main Street, 2021

Security Guard and Bank Customer, Main Street, 2021

Tom Martinโ€™s Body Shop, 2021

-- hide signature --

Schleiermacher
www.mmathews.zenfolio.com
----------------------------------------------
'At our best and most fortunate we make pictures because of what stands in front of the camera, to honor what is greater and more interesting than we are. We never accomplish this perfectly, though in return we are given something perfect -- a sense of inclusion. Our subject thus redefines us, and is part of the biography by which we want to be known.' --Robert Adams, Why People Photograph

Schleiermacher's gear list:Schleiermacher's gear list
Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +12 more
johncecilian Senior Member • Posts: 1,022
At the Wayne County Fair, dogs, balloons and musicians

seeing eye puppy recruit

Hot air balloon

bunch of hot air balloons

Member of the brass band BIg Easy Easton

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +1 more
poldersnapper
poldersnapper Veteran Member • Posts: 4,986
Greetings from Gouda, NL

No cheese market today  ๐Ÿง€๐ŸŒž

Gouda Town Hall, the Netherlands

Regards,

André

-- hide signature --

http://mcpint.zenfolio.com
--
'Forever Morning'
Mr. Tony Banks