Morris0 wrote:

I love your use of light in the last 3 image Matt

Morris

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Matt
instagram.com/matticus390
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T4. 56mm, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400mm, 1.4 ext.

Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Meeces
Meeces Regular Member • Posts: 277
Re: Interriors with XF 16/1.4

I really like the sense of slightly faded while still retaining rich color.  A nice balance.

-- hide signature --

Matt
instagram.com/matticus390
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T4. 56mm, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400mm, 1.4 ext.

Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Mar
Mar Senior Member • Posts: 1,329
Re: ** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Some flowers from the garden:

-- hide signature --

Maurizio

Mar's gear list:Mar's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
SVJIM Senior Member • Posts: 1,754
Re: The "Hammer!"

Your photo prompted me to wonder if I had captured the "hammer" back in 2016 or if it was even there. I like your composition more but here is what I got in 2016, so at least it was still there then. You never know when something like that is going to disappear.

2016 - XT1

-- hide signature --

Photography should be fun
http://www.TouchingMemories.com

SVJIM's gear list:SVJIM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50-230mm II
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,426

SVJIM wrote:

Your photo prompted me to wonder if I had captured the "hammer" back in 2016 or if it was even there. I like your composition more but here is what I got in 2016, so at least it was still there then. You never know when something like that is going to disappear.

2016 - XT1

You are right. We visited Arches NP on the same trip and saw Wall Arch. A few years later someone sauntered by and noticed it had collapsed. Yup. I know. Some of you may be thinking about an obvious pun........that day the park was suffering from "Fallen Arches."

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324
A Maine Barn

X-T20, Rokinon 50mm F1.2.

Thank you for looking,

-- hide signature --
SVJIM Senior Member • Posts: 1,754

That pun deserves three 😜😂🤣

-- hide signature --

Photography should be fun
http://www.TouchingMemories.com

SVJIM's gear list:SVJIM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50-230mm II
Mark Regular Member • Posts: 354
France Landes (Atlantic coast)

My daughter appreciating the sunset, for the first time really I think.

A vacation home from the first half of the 20th century (1930s maybe) waiting for the owner to arrive

A lucky conjunction of low tide, evening light and 'after the storm weather' - a moment of rare beauty in my eyes, not sure I was able to capture it; for me it's a memorable evening on the beach!

Mark's gear list:Mark's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z50 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
mandodon Forum Member • Posts: 85
Storm Clouds Over Mesa

Caught the dramatic last of the sunset happening out my window and grabbed the XT-2 and ran outside to catch the scene in my back yard. As Bob mentioned, we're actually having a monsoon season in the Southwest this year. The clouds and rain have been wonderful. Never tire seeing the many moods of the light on the mesa.

A couple nights later we had a rainbow. Didn't get a well-composed shot. Rain kept hitting my lens. Cool little hole in the clouds though. Glad to have a WR camera and lens.

mandodon's gear list:mandodon's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Forum Pro • Posts: 12,077
Re: Like father, like son

Artur Darulewski wrote:

I would say: like FF, like APS-C - get the right tool for the job

Cheers,

Artur

Thanks for taking a look.  I continue to think about going full-frame.  For now, my X-E4 seems to be OK though.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Cooper: a person who makes wooden containers from timber.

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 +12 more
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,725

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Back in 1996 I and my horse were qualified and attended the Race of Champions which was an invitational 100 mile endurance ride. That year it was held outside of the little town of Torrey Utah. We went out early and spent a month in Torrey, the horses at the ranch of Doc and Dotty Weaver and while we stayed at an RV campground. The road into Dotty's place came out at the intersection of US 24 and UT 12. Across 24 was Capital Reef NP. I did many a conditions rides in Capital Reef. Beautiful country to see and even more beautiful from horseback - if you don't get lost. These reefs were used by Butch Cassidy and his sidekick the Sundance kid and the hole in the wall gang to escape the law. Driving South on 12 you had Capital Reef on your left and about half way to Boulder, UT you had access to Escalante Grand Staircase - another area we spent hours in on horseback. One day we stopped for a burger at a hole in the wall in Boulder. The claim to fame was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid frequented the place when in the area. They you came to Bryce Canyon. A lot like Capital Reef except the reefs had eroded into sandstone formations. I we trailered down a rode in Bryce and as Ebenezer Bryce described the canyons name after him, "a Hell of a place to lose a cow."

Nice shot - the snow or hail pretty much tells the story of that area.

Good story and a great experience.

Bob

I went back and found a late afternoon shot at Bryce from 1984 when we lived in Colorado.  Taken on a Mamiya RB67 with a 127 mm  lens on Kodak PanX.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +14 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 13,968
Re: France Landes (Atlantic coast)

A very nice set, Mark.

The first and last are my faves.

Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 13,968
Re: A Maine Barn

A great find, Jonathan.

No lack of gnarly tones and textures.

And well captured.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
Artur Darulewski Contributing Member • Posts: 556
Re: Like father, like son

Tom Schum wrote:

Artur Darulewski wrote:

I would say: like FF, like APS-C - get the right tool for the job

Cheers,

Artur

Thanks for taking a look. I continue to think about going full-frame. For now, my X-E4 seems to be OK though.

I dropped FF and not thinking about going back, so far APS-C is enough for my needs (like small  excavator)

Moreover, for me APS-C is much better.

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +11 more

Very nice!

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324
Rim Shot

Your fine shot brings back some nice memories Bob. I took this one at Bryce back in October 2013, en route from a backpacking trip in Grand Staircase Escalante Nat'l Monument back to Las Vegas for our flight home. We only stayed at Bryce for an hour or so, but still it was a memorable experience.

I used a Sony NEX-5n, my first mirrorless camera, and some manner of manual focus Minolta 50mm lens on an adapter, which in retrospect I'm shocked that I carried on a multi night backpacking trip. 

-- hide signature --
afragisk Senior Member • Posts: 1,574
Fly

-- hide signature --

Apollon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
http://500px.com/Apollon
Fuji X-S10, XE-2, 50-140 f/2.8, 16-55 f/2.8, 56 f/1.2, 27 f/2.8, 23 f/1.4, 10-24 f/4 WR, Rokinon II 8 f/2.8, Leica D-Lux 7

Re: Rim Shot

jtr27 wrote:

Your fine shot brings back some nice memories Bob. I took this one at Bryce back in October 2013, en route from a backpacking trip in Grand Staircase Escalante Nat'l Monument back to Las Vegas for our flight home. We only stayed at Bryce for an hour or so, but still it was a memorable experience.

I used a Sony NEX-5n, my first mirrorless camera, and some manner of manual focus Minolta 50mm lens on an adapter, which in retrospect I'm shocked that I carried on a multi night backpacking trip.

That's a good one.  I have a ton of Utah images of Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Grand Escalante, and Arches.  Maybe I'll share a few in the coming weeks if for no other reason, inspire people to visit.  Utah is an amazing place.  And then maybe some northeastern Arizona.....Antelope Canyon maybe????

Bob

Human Elements
Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Organ Mountains, Las Cruces - X100V Pano Stitch

Two-shot panoramic stitch using the X100V with Classic Chrome as a base.

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR III
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,019
Green Heron

I only saw one green heron on this visit to Oakland Lake yet I'm shore the other 3 were around.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads