** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,421
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section. Also helpful to some of us who are less traveled to talk about the location of your photo if possible

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to Fuji.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,421
The "Hammer!"

Hello Everyone,

Since the Southwest of the US is being drenched by monsoonal rains this week (very much needed) it reminded me of my trip to Utah 14 years ago. When my wife and I arrived at Bryce Canyon N.P. there was one heckuva thunderstorm occurring while we checked into the hotel. Once it ended we jumped back into the car and drove along the road. We stopped at a site called Thor’s hammer. Because the rocks were soaked they took on a more reddish hue.

At the time I had my Fuji APS-c camera with the 16-55/2.8…..but it was my S5 Pro with the Nikkor 16-55/2.8. BTW they are still together hanging over the chair just ti my right. The cam claimed 12mp but because of the array many deemed it only 8. However it made a nice 11x17 print. Wouldn’t mind being there now.

S5Pro, 16-55/2.8 14 years ago

keep ‘em comin’

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
Aleman New Member • Posts: 22
Northwest Classic Negative

BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,411
Sinclair Inlet
 BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +4 more
missedshot
missedshot Senior Member • Posts: 1,081
Ready for breakfast?

How about a Fried Egg Jellyfish?

About two feet across.  I had no idea what it was or if it was alive, till it swam closer to the dock.

missedshot's gear list:missedshot's gear list
FinePix S1 Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Meeces
Meeces Regular Member • Posts: 273
A selection from a ghost town . . .

A few from Bodie, CA ghost town/state park.  Standard Disclaimer: Put this place on your photo bucket list.

-- hide signature --

Matt
instagram.com/matticus390
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T4. 56mm, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400mm, 1.4 ext.

Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Aaron Sur Senior Member • Posts: 1,229
Ornamental

Vineyard in the Canungra Valley Queensland Australia. 23 mm f2 with  XT3 , Acros simulation using Lightroom Mobile on a iPad Pro

trainerKEN Senior Member • Posts: 1,509
Closer to "Normalcy" (vs this time last year)

Downtown Vancouver

X100V

***Note: the built-in ND filter was activated by accident, thus the high ISO

trainerKEN's gear list:trainerKEN's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony a1 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
nonicks Contributing Member • Posts: 792
A random walk in Brooklyn

The Brownstone life in Brooklyn - X-pro3 and 18/2

The Sunset Park , a well kept secret garden in Brooklyn - X-pro3 and 18/2

A revisit of everyone's favorite - Washington Street Brooklyn - X-pro3 and 23/1.4

The inner child's dream- Jane's Carousel - X-pro3 and14/2.8

Never get tired of this view - Brooklyn Bridge Park - X-pro3 and 23/1.4

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +1 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324
Re: A selection from a ghost town . . .

Beautiful set.  I have seen mostly exterior shots from Bodie, so this is a different take for me.

-- hide signature --
Artur Darulewski Contributing Member • Posts: 555
Interriors with XF 16/1.4

This holiday I visited nice small oceanarium. I found it has very nice architecture and interiors in the educational area. Fortunately I have 16/1.4 in my bag and the nature light was inspiring. This reminded my old times, when I was doing 3D visualizations for furniture adverts.

Staircase

Top floor

Educational room #1

Educational room #2

Educational room #3

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +11 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,902
American Goldfinch enjoying sunflowers

There were a few goldfinch enjoying the sunflowers in someone's garden near Kissena Park here in New York City.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
AndyH44 Senior Member • Posts: 2,663
Fairly LARGE Tree .....

SOOC hand held.

-- hide signature --

"True craftsmen never blame their tools, but strive to use them properly"

Morris0
Re: The "Hammer!"

A sweet image Bob.  You took that photo very close to the place where one climbs out of the valley and it's quite a climb.  The hike through the hudus is one of my favorite hikes ever and one of the last trips that I had my Nikon gear.  After we rested a bit after the climb up, we got in the car and started to drive down and noticed snow on the ground that was not there when we arrived that June morning.  A few minutes later heavy hail and I had to pull over and wait for the marbles that had fallen from the sky as driving on marbles, even with a 4X4 is quite an adventure.

Morris

Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Morris0
Re: A selection from a ghost town . . .

I love your use of light in the last 3 image Matt

Morris

Morris0
Re: A random walk in Brooklyn

Real nice set!  The view of the Manhattan Bridge is one of those photos that everyone takes and you did a nice job with it.  Will you be shooting this area on 9/11?

Morris

Morris0
Re: Interriors with XF 16/1.4

You did a super job on these Artur

Morris

Morris0
Re: Fairly LARGE Tree .....

I have a photo of me standing at the base of that tree taken in 1979.  I see they have fenced it off so a photo like that is no longer possible.

Morris

OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,421
Re: The "Hammer!"

Morris0 wrote:

A sweet image Bob. You took that photo very close to the place where one climbs out of the valley and it's quite a climb. The hike through the hudus is one of my favorite hikes ever and one of the last trips that I had my Nikon gear. After we rested a bit after the climb up, we got in the car and started to drive down and noticed snow on the ground that was not there when we arrived that June morning. A few minutes later heavy hail and I had to pull over and wait for the marbles that had fallen from the sky as driving on marbles, even with a 4X4 is quite an adventure.

Morris

Indeed.  I have many images of the hikes down into the hoodoo's.  The wonderful thing about those hikes is it seemed every turn and every step was a photo moment.  Perhaps I may post others from this trip as well as some from the other N.P. visited in Utah.

Bob

Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 17,713
The elusive Green Heron

A big tip of the hat to Morris, who was kind enough to provide some tips for locations where this less common Heron species could be found in our area. It took a couple of trips and a fair amount of patience (which I could use a lot more of), but I was able to find the little guy along with a few Egrets at the one location in our area where this particular heron species resides. The light was challenging (particularly for the Egret), but I was pleased to finally find these very cool little birds.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fuji Forum co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads