Business hasn't been good lately

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Metalman844 Regular Member • Posts: 340
Business hasn't been good lately

Ricoh GRII

Snapshot from today

Metalman844's gear list:Metalman844's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 PD-Zoom Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 +9 more
ripleysbaby Senior Member • Posts: 1,118
Re: Business hasn't been good lately

While I would describe this as a little over processed it is without doubt a nice image.  Obviously this is my opinion. And will readily admit that I often see my final images done this way.  Definitely a case of whatever floats your boat.

Was this straight out of camera ? Raw processed in camera or some other software ?

OP Metalman844 Regular Member • Posts: 340

Post processed via Silver Efex Pro 2... Originally  taken in Positive Film simulation...

I agree with your comment about over exposure...

This was a "failed" business and I was looking to convey a certain amount of harshness...

Thanks for your comment...

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 PD-Zoom Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 +9 more
Jon Donahue Contributing Member • Posts: 791

Good photo. The sky is perfect! That old garage would be a perfect studio for an artist... big windows, high ceilings...

Jon Donahue's gear list:Jon Donahue's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-70
OP Metalman844 Regular Member • Posts: 340

Thanks...

Based on the shape of the sign out front, looks like a defunct Sinclair Oil gas station...

Tungsten Nordstein
Tungsten Nordstein Senior Member • Posts: 2,742

Metalman844 wrote:

Post processed via Silver Efex Pro 2... Originally taken in Positive Film simulation...

I agree with your comment about over exposure...

This was a "failed" business and I was looking to convey a certain amount of harshness...

Thanks for your comment...

It's interesting because when I look at this, what i perceive is the artificial nature of the digital filter effect, rather than the thing in the image or the photograph itself. It's a nice shot, but I think I'd look it it with different eyes if it was presented in a less 'harsh' way – one that didn't command my attention to detail and technique quite so much.

-- hide signature --
 Tungsten Nordstein's gear list:Tungsten Nordstein's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma dp2 Quattro Ricoh GR II +8 more
Jon Donahue Contributing Member • Posts: 791

Ooohh... Sinclair... wasn't their mascot a dinosaur? Now loose in that trackless desert, bounding along at 75 mph to snatch hapless tourists out of their convertibles. And maybe it is hiding behind the old gas station. Glad you got the shot and got away!

Jon Donahue's gear list:Jon Donahue's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-70
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads