Alcudia - Platja de Muro - sunrise

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,727
Alcudia - Platja de Muro - sunrise

Had to be creative with the first one as there were some people shooting wedding pics on that pier so couldn't show it all, plus there was a couple of other tourists watching the sunrise so I had to include them in the photo (I could of course delete them and their reflections but this approach seems better to me):

For the second, I had to run along the beach to get the right framing

jaggedhorizon's gear list:jaggedhorizon's gear list
Sony a7R III
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 2,058
Re: Alcudia - Platja de Muro - sunrise

Very nice. I love # 1.

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,135

Lovely work as usual Cedric

I prefer the first one; and I think you made the right decision not to edit the people out, as I think they add an extra element of interest without being discordant.

The second one is lovely, but has suffered from the softening effects of heat haze. I think you could improve that significantly with Topaz Sharpen AI? If you're ok for me to post an edit using Topaz, I'd be happy to do so - let me know?

Well done on making two very different, and excellent, images from the same sunrise!

OP jaggedhorizon Senior Member • Posts: 2,727

MrSee wrote:

Very nice. I love # 1.

Thank you, appreciated!

-- hide signature --

http://cedricpopa.zenfolio.com/
https://1x.com/member/cedricpopp
You are welcome to reprocess my photos for discussion and posting on DPR. (Please don't use them elsewhere without letting me know first).

Sony a7R III

Lan wrote:

I prefer the first one; and I think you made the right decision not to edit the people out, as I think they add an extra element of interest without being discordant.

The second one is lovely, but has suffered from the softening effects of heat haze. I think you could improve that significantly with Topaz Sharpen AI? If you're ok for me to post an edit using Topaz, I'd be happy to do so - let me know?

Well done on making two very different, and excellent, images from the same sunrise!

Many thanks Lan! Yes please, go ahead! I’ll have to buy that Topaz Sharpen AI, you’re working wonders with it!

I have another very different image, more of a street one (still in the same place and around the same time, though) - wonder whether to post it here or in the street forum.

Sony a7R III
Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,135

jaggedhorizon wrote:

Lan wrote:

Many thanks Lan! Yes please, go ahead! I’ll have to buy that Topaz Sharpen AI, you’re working wonders with it!

For the right scenario, in the right hands there's nothing that can beat it.

I have another very different image, more of a street one (still in the same place and around the same time, though) - wonder whether to post it here or in the street forum.

Thank you Cedric! Here you go - I've also painted around the lighthouse a bit as it looked a little as if there was a halo around it:

Topaz Sharpen AI, some luma correction in the clouds over the sun, and a bit of painting in darken mode to reduce the appearance of haloes.

If you do post it on the street forum, please post a link here, as I don't read the street forum

Lan wrote:

jaggedhorizon wrote:

Lan wrote:

For the right scenario, in the right hands there's nothing that can beat it.

Thank you Cedric! Here you go - I've also painted around the lighthouse a bit as it looked a little as if there was a halo around it:

Thanks a lot! This does look a lot better on the lighthouse! The clouds in front of the sun are getting a bit funky, can't decide if I like them like this or I would use a layer from the original image in that area.

If you do post it on the street forum, please post a link here, as I don't read the street forum

Well, here it is - obviously a different treament, but it's amazing how much colour changes shooting in another direction at sunrise!

-- hide signature --

http://cedricpopa.zenfolio.com/
https://1x.com/member/cedricpopp
You are welcome to reprocess my photos for discussion and posting on DPR. (Please don't use them elsewhere without letting me know first).

Sony a7R III
Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,085
Silhouettes

Two nicely done sunset silhouettes. Personal preference is #2. There is something alluring about that big orange ball.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Rudix
Rudix Contributing Member • Posts: 823

I like #1 but I love #2!

The haze actually improves the image for me, gives it that "sunset after a hot day" atmosphere.

Rudix's gear list:Rudix's gear list
Leica V-Lux 3 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III +41 more
donaldsc Veteran Member • Posts: 3,920

Keep the people in the picture.  They add to it in a subtle way.

-- hide signature --

Don

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads