GFX with shift adapter to Hasselblad V mount?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Ken West New Member • Posts: 8
GFX with shift adapter to Hasselblad V mount?

I’m curious if anyone has adapted a 40mm Hasselblad CFE or similar version to some brand of shift adapter on a GFX? If so, is there any barrel distortion or mustache distortion like I’ve heard the Pentax 35mm has?

Pentax Optio A40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
EricHiss
EricHiss Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: GFX with shift adapter to Hasselblad V mount?

I have the Fotodiox Rokr t/s adapter for the V lenses to GFX.  It's working pretty nicely. So far, I've only used it with the 150mm Sonnar but no real complaints.

EricHiss's gear list:EricHiss's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Pentax 645Z Hasselblad X1D Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GFX 100S +7 more
grasmuc Regular Member • Posts: 149

I use some Hasselblad V lenses (50, 100, 180) via a Kipon shift adapter on the GFX. They will show exactly the distortion published in the data sheets. The three 40 mm versions have rather large mustache distortion. Such can be compensated using the Alpa lens correction plugin for Photoshop (but seems not to work in latest PS), and one must adjust sensor size and pixel pitch to the GFX (50 or 100) values by opening the plug-in file in a text editor.

OP Ken West New Member • Posts: 8

Thanks, this very useful information!

Rob de Loe
Rob de Loe Senior Member • Posts: 1,357

Good on Hasselblad for having detailed, readily available datasheets!

http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLds.aspx

The moustache distortion is quite pronounced in the 40mm f/4 (C, CF, CFE)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads