Is this the newInoculation? Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,350
Is this the newInoculation?

Did I miss something?  Who's "mark25?"

The most wildly popular thread in "Challenge Discussions" happens, literally, over night?

Sure; we bust our . . . little old selves, arguing points, only to what?

I don't even know half those members.  Well, maybe there are a few from the old "Off Topic," but, this is ridiculous.

I say if; we need help, we'll ask for help.

Chalk this up to "unearned credit."

Great hoax Smaug; 

Halina123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,570
Re: Is this the newInoculation?

This is due to a discussion in one thread, that was transferred by the moderator from open talk.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4589947

Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,859

abiquiuense wrote:

Did I miss something? Who's "mark25?"

I think it's because he had a ton of posts in that thread, so when I moved it over here from Open Talk, he suddenly became our most prolific poster.

If you click into the thread, you'll see the post where I said I moved it. I had done it a couple hours prior.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"A book breaks the shackles of time."
-Carl Sagan

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +37 more
abiquiuense
OP abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,350

Smaug01 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

I think it's because he had a ton of posts in that thread, so when I moved it over here from Open Talk, he suddenly became our most prolific poster.

You are acquainted with that old theory of back to the future yields unforeseen ramifications?  Well, me thinks you're ready for prime time . (Click at ur own risk.). That, or you just discovered how to cover up a viral thread.  Wow! that many hits in one day.

If you moved the "Sony mini-challenge," over here, I wonder what would happen, besides that you'd have . . . never mind.

If you click into the thread, you'll see the post where I said I moved it. I had done it a couple hours prior.

Me thinks you planned a fancy hoax, to motivate the "Challenge Discussion" forum, seeing as how on account of because they've done, run out of ideas.

That's my "just saying" grimace.

JahnG
JahnG Veteran Member • Posts: 3,340

abiquiuense wrote:

Smaug01 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

You are acquainted with that old theory of back to the future yields unforeseen ramifications? Well, me thinks you're ready for prime time . (Click at ur own risk.). That, or you just discovered how to cover up a viral thread. Wow! that many hits in one day.

If you moved the "Sony mini-challenge," over here, I wonder what would happen, besides that you'd have . . . never mind.

Me thinks you planned a fancy hoax, to motivate the "Challenge Discussion" forum, seeing as how on account of because they've done, run out of ideas.

No problem with the move IMHO.

Sure, some threads are of low or no interest and at least I skip those threads that do not interest me You might possibly do the same?

regards

Jahn

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
abiquiuense
OP abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,350

JahnG wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Smaug01 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

You are acquainted with that old theory of back to the future yields unforeseen ramifications? Well, me thinks you're ready for prime time . (Click at ur own risk.). That, or you just discovered how to cover up a viral thread. Wow! that many hits in one day.

No problem with the move IMHO.

Sure, some threads are of low or no interest and at least I skip those threads that do not interest me You might possibly do the same?

regards

Jahn

Look, Member Jahn, I was about to pick the forum which interests me second best, which is very close to my first love, but, don't tell them that.

If the regulars in this forum would like, the "newThread," still has room for . . . about forty more posts, what say you we go in, and pick up any stray sub-thread and respond to it.  Maybe one of those members will opt for staying on in this forum.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll top Sony talk's ability to generate, sometimes three, independent iterations of the same thread; part 1, 2, & 3.

What I've just done, Jahn, is relegated myself to reading at least one of those posts, and I really didn't want to do that.  Anyway, here goes nothing. 

Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,859
Locked, off-topic (nt)

No text.

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads