New Laowa 14mm f4 for Canon ef does not change aperture with mc-21 adapter

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
docmaas
docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 7,023
New Laowa 14mm f4 for Canon ef does not change aperture with mc-21 adapter

Title says it all.  I'll be testing it at f4 and also on my SD1 and sdQuattro to verify the aperture changes on a true ef mount but if you were thinking of it for an L mount via the mc-21 I'd say hold off until Laowa fixes this or until I find out it is a problem only on my lens.

-- hide signature --

"Laoma shitu" "An old horse knows the road" Chinese Proverb                                        "Dao ke dao, fei chang dao. Ming ke ming, fei chang ming" Laozi
"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
docmaas
OP docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 7,023
My mistake please disregard. Lens works fine Re: New Laowa 14mm f4 for Canon ef mc-21 adapter

Please disregard.  The camera was set to auto-iso so the aperture appeared to not be changing when watch the histogram.

docmaas wrote:

Title says it all. I'll be testing it at f4 and also on my SD1 and sdQuattro to verify the aperture changes on a true ef mount but if you were thinking of it for an L mount via the mc-21 I'd say hold off until Laowa fixes this or until I find out it is a problem only on my lens.

-- hide signature --

"Laoma shitu" "An old horse knows the road" Chinese Proverb                                        "Dao ke dao, fei chang dao. Ming ke ming, fei chang ming" Laozi
"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,296
Re: New Laowa 14mm f4 for Canon ef does not change aperture with mc-21 adapter

I have one in the L-mount.  It has been a disappointment.  Very weak edges and terrible night flares!

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads