Waterman CC

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
David Pipher New Member • Posts: 22
Waterman CC

Took a hike today at the local conservation center with my Sony A7R2. The same falls in both images. There is a lot of debris from recent storms.

Lens Tokina 19mm-35mm at 19mm f11

Lens Tokina 19mm-35mm f11 ND16

John Crowe
John Crowe Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
Re: Waterman CC

Very nice.  I would crop more to the falls to eliminate some of the unnecessary foreground at the sides.

I recently shot a small set of falls.  I concentrated so much on composition that I ignored all the debris.  I was a bit surprised when I got home and processed the images.  I went back a few days later and cleared out the debris before setting up my shots.  I usually pick up on these things, but out of my excitement and the unusually "busy" subject, I missed it.

John Crowe's gear list:John Crowe's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D +15 more
OP David Pipher New Member • Posts: 22
Re: Waterman CC

John Crowe wrote:

Very nice. I would crop more to the falls to eliminate some of the unnecessary foreground at the sides.

I recently shot a small set of falls. I concentrated so much on composition that I ignored all the debris. I was a bit surprised when I got home and processed the images. I went back a few days later and cleared out the debris before setting up my shots. I usually pick up on these things, but out of my excitement and the unusually "busy" subject, I missed it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to photography and image editing, in fact I started this year. Your suggestions are wellcome. Wide angle lenses take in so muck information. I'm learning to omit distraction.

I was trying to convey chaos with the rocks and tree limb and not focus on the falls itself. If that makes sense.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads