D750 flash. Why does it always switch on?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
rich9911 New Member • Posts: 10
D750 flash. Why does it always switch on?

I've noticed my D750 always seems to want to put on the flash, even in daylight.

If I turn the flash off, next time I come to use the camera, it will pop the flash up in anythnig but extreme sunlight?

Is there some setting somewhere that's making this happen?

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,207
Re: D750 flash. Why does it always switch on?

Please read your manual. In particular, see page 180 and several pages that follow to see how to set up the built-in flash including how to disable the flash popping up.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon D500 +16 more
Igor Lukashanets Forum Member • Posts: 61

In fully automatic mode (green sector on the mode switch ring), when the lighting is considered insufficient by the camera, the flash will always fire after each switch off and on. Or use auto mode without flash, or start exploring other camera modes P, A, S, M.

Igor Lukashanets's gear list:Igor Lukashanets's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +5 more
pforsell
pforsell Veteran Member • Posts: 4,205

rich9911 wrote:

I've noticed my D750 always seems to want to put on the flash, even in daylight.

If I turn the flash off, next time I come to use the camera, it will pop the flash up in anythnig but extreme sunlight?

You are in the auto mode with auto flash. The camera is doing exactly what you are asking of it.

Perhaps it is time to unwrap the user manual?

-- hide signature --

Peter
_
Jedem das Seine, mir das Meiste!

pforsell's gear list:pforsell's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3X Nikon D3S Nikon D4S +25 more
zachdog Forum Member • Posts: 84

Use the camera on “P” mode and experiment with the controls. The flash won’t pop up unless you touch the flash button. This mode is still mostly automatic, although you can change focus modes and other modes. It’s a good place to start.

zachdog's gear list:zachdog's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon 85mm F1.8G +7 more
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,094

rich9911 wrote:

Use P, A, S, or M modes, if you do not want the camera to decide when to use flash.

-- hide signature --

By accident of availability, I learned to use Canon and Nikon DSLRs at the same time. I love specific lenses made by both Canon and Nikon, too much to quit either system. Since 2018, Leica-M has been my “mirror-less” system. I am, certainly, not an expert.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +54 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads