Day Dreaming'

Started 5 months ago | Photos
LeicaEye
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 6,310
Day Dreaming'

Woke up this morning (that's a good start) - thought I know, the wide angle on the 90D-- Did my ablutions & got dressed..set the EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM on the camera, full batteries on both camera & scooter. I'm ready to go. Lifting the camera to my eye, framing, somethings wrong' frame another setting, still not right.. Whats going on? lower the camera and sit and think -- suddenly I realize, my mind is using a Fish Eye! and I'm looking for that crazy fish eye image..I don't own a f'eye.. Reality sets in, mind resets and off we go.. There are no greatest ever images this morning, just Ok images.. Now I'm thinking should I get a cheapo f'eye for the 90D? (purely for fun) Recommendations -

Images Cropped & Tweaked (iMac Photos) L

The Huddle

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Leica CL +10 more
theworstphotographerontheinternet Regular Member • Posts: 492
Re: Day Dreaming'

I sometimes think about getting a fish-eye too, if only to learn how to use one properly. I worry the novelty would wear off pretty quickly though.

LeicaEye
OP LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 6,310

theworstphotographerontheinternet wrote:

I sometimes think about getting a fish-eye too, if only to learn how to use one properly. I worry the novelty would wear off pretty quickly though.

I had a f'eye many moons ago, can't even remember which camera, anyways unless you have an actual use for the f'eye IMHO they really are just a fun fad.. With the budget ones now available Samyang/Rokinon/Tokina/Sigma etc.. if I buy used they are pretty cheap, anything from $122-$400 (KEH) Probably use it a few times then it will live in my camera drawer. Regards, L

-- hide signature --

Everyday is a Challenge. I Meet It Head On..

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Leica CL +10 more
arbeterfroyen Contributing Member • Posts: 602

I don't mind manually focusing/pre-zone focusing but I don't want to pay that for a manual lens I could just adapt to my camera for cheaper. That's always been my dilemma.

As such... It's fisheye and I'm not a professional so I use a 0.25x adapter. It's obviously a bad solution for optimal quality, but it IS a lot of fun and scratches the itch for wonky fun images. If you want a few samples I can share them (NOT trying to do the "replying just so I can post my work).

Again, not a GREAT solution, but a fun one and maybe one that can help you see if you want to invest, you know, kinda get the idea if you haven't done it in awhile

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads