Is the vivo X60 Pro+ actually any good

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
entrailer Regular Member • Posts: 188
Is the vivo X60 Pro+ actually any good

Hi,

I have a Pixel 4a 5G, which I'm fairly happy with. Good image quality, so long as you're not zooming at all.

How does the vivo X60 Pro+ stack up in comparison, and is it much diff than the non + version?

Any tips gratefully received.

Cheers,
N*

vaughanB
vaughanB Veteran Member • Posts: 3,473
Re: Is the vivo X60 Pro+ actually any good

Never used one, but very expensive and likely over rated by reviewers, they have to encourage us to throw our previous gear away and buy something else, it keeps them in a job, personally I expected the Pixel to be better than it is going by the reviews but in reality it struggles to match my 2015 microsoft Lumia 950XL, not bad but not up to the hype

-- hide signature --

I think it unlikely that I will ever buy another brand new camera

OP entrailer Regular Member • Posts: 188

Are you running the Pixel 4a 5G btw?

vaughanB
vaughanB Veteran Member • Posts: 3,473

No. Just a 3aXL, it's ok, and had I not had one of the best camera phones ever for its time, the Lumia 950XL and before that the superb Lumia 1020, I would probably been impressed, but aside from the software trickery, the camera is really nothing special

-- hide signature --

I think it unlikely that I will ever buy another brand new camera

Panino Manino
Panino Manino Regular Member • Posts: 497

Yes, for photos specifically it's not of the best.

That's a yes, to which which phone type?

Am also looking at the OnePlus 9 also.

To give better pics and video than the P4a 5G.

bloodlmt Regular Member • Posts: 247

The X60 Pro Plus is going to destroy your Pixel 4a 5G in; wide portrait mode (pixel has none), 5x zoom, ultrawide, night mode and pro mode. It also has ultra high resolution mode (50MP).

However; selfie performance of the x60 pro plus is not great; Pixel should be able to beat that.

As for performances; yeah the x60 pro plus destroy the P4a.

Not sure if you can run gcam or not on the vivo. If yes, then it makes the over all better camera.

Drzewoid Contributing Member • Posts: 590

Hard to say - i was interested about X60 PRO Plus, but when i saw review on gsmarena this phone didn't impress me that much. Processing is not better than my old Huawei P40 PRO, but last time i saw review of normal X60 PRO and processing is improved, so maybe Plus version get some updates las time - here samples from normal X60 PRO

https://www.androidworld.it/recensioni/vivo-x60-pro/

Check also Zenfone 8 phone - it's very underrated camera with very good processing and colors.

I'm sceptical about destroy. Though I would certainly like it to.

Tested the 4a5G against S20+ and Xiomi Note 9. And felt it was better. For standard photos

The high res didn't really make much diff and the telephotos were average at best

I've also been watching a few head to head and the P4a5G holds its own against iP12Max and others. Most of time I prefer the results

That said, I am looking for decent tele and better video quality (esp panning). Don't take portraits, so the fake bokeh isn't of interest.

Fundamentally, it's texture and detail that's the key. And naturally rendered HDR landscapes.

So, I'm actually heavily leaning to the OnePlus9. It's had a number of SW upgrades on the cam app.

Thanks for all your thoughts

bloodlmt Regular Member • Posts: 247

Drzewoid wrote:

Hard to say - i was interested about X60 PRO Plus, but when i saw review on gsmarena this phone didn't impress me that much. Processing is not better than my old Huawei P40 PRO, but last time i saw review of normal X60 PRO and processing is improved, so maybe Plus version get some updates las time - here samples from normal X60 PRO

Check also Zenfone 8 phone - it's very underrated camera with very good processing and colors.

The AI is on by default. Vivo is known to oversaturate colors. As for me; i turned off AI on every phone I used.

However, with AI toggle turned off; it takes excellent stills; some are beating the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

bloodlmt wrote:

Drzewoid wrote:

The AI is on by default. Vivo is known to oversaturate colors. As for me; i turned off AI on every phone I used.

However, with AI toggle turned off; it takes excellent stills; some are beating the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Which phone model are you referring to, the Pro, or Pro+?

Also, are we saying IP 12max is the benchmark?

Panino Manino
Panino Manino Regular Member • Posts: 497

Even DXO can't deny the X60 Pro+ quality.

There's the cheaper now X50 alternative that has a better 5x camera and some say that the main camera is sharper, maybe because there's less processing than the X60 has (justified by the improved DR).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads