G Master 600MM F/4 Love anyone..?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
LensWizard
LensWizard Senior Member • Posts: 1,594
G Master 600MM F/4 Love anyone..?

Anyone aware of any USA Authorized Dealers having one of these bad boys in stock along with the Alpha One Body..?  Impossible to locate..

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

LensWizard's gear list:LensWizard's gear list
Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1Ds Leica SL (Typ 601) +29 more
grsnovi
grsnovi Senior Member • Posts: 1,594
Re: G Master 600MM F/4 Love anyone..?

You might reach out to Sony USA and ask them where they've sent product?

grsnovi's gear list:grsnovi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony SLT-A65 Sony a7R III +8 more
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 3,368

I would be pleasantly surprised if any manufacture would disclose how their supply chain works. Have you done this with success?

Even if they said they sent X many units to dealer ABCDE, one still would have to get in line..

Pre-order is the best way to go...

and sometimes regional camera stores may get a small supply while you wait for B&H and the giant retailers.

Some retailers may authorize the card to secure the pre-order

Side note non photo related I scored a playstation 5 from B&H photo pretty fast with the Notify when available feature. less than 30 days

AlephNull Veteran Member • Posts: 3,016

LensWizard wrote:

Anyone aware of any USA Authorized Dealers having one of these bad boys in stock along with the Alpha One Body..? Impossible to locate..

I think all of them are at the Olympics at the moment (did you see that article on Sony's presence at the Olympics - there were a lot of them there!). Have a look for refurbished units shortly after the Olympics end.

AlephNull's gear list:AlephNull's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +3 more
tom b New Member • Posts: 16

Unique Photo in NJ had one is stock last week.

tom b's gear list:tom b's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Sony a1 Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III Sony FE 600mm F4 +1 more
LensWizard
OP LensWizard Senior Member • Posts: 1,594

tom b wrote:

Unique Photo in NJ had one is stock last week.

I looked and I only seen the 400 2.8 in stock..

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1Ds Leica SL (Typ 601) +29 more
Turnanewleaf Regular Member • Posts: 371

LensWizard wrote:

Anyone aware of any USA Authorized Dealers having one of these bad boys in stock along with the Alpha One Body..? Impossible to locate..

You'll have to call your authorized dealer and get on their list.  When products come into the dealer they then call the folks, in order, on the list.

You will never see a FE 600mm f4 in the wild on a dealer website as available.  You can pre-order with the big dealers like B&H, but you will have far better results and less wait time with regional dealers like Bedford's.

Turnanewleaf's gear list:Turnanewleaf's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a1 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony 2.0x Teleconverter +6 more
LensWizard

Turnanewleaf wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

You'll have to call your authorized dealer and get on their list. When products come into the dealer they then call the folks, in order, on the list.

You will never see a FE 600mm f4 in the wild on a dealer website as available. You can pre-order with the big dealers like B&H, but you will have far better results and less wait time with regional dealers like Bedford's.

Sooner or later the demand will slow down and I will be able to snag one from Allens Camera or Normans up in Michigan. I am also wanting that new 50MP Sony Body to glue on that 600 ..!

-- hide signature --

tom b New Member • Posts: 16

It wasn't listed online and they may still have it. Focus Camera also had a 600mm in stock yesterday. You need to call these dealers (I bought the 400mm that Unique had)

tom b's gear list:tom b's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Sony a1 Canon EF 600mm F4L IS III Sony FE 600mm F4 +1 more
grsnovi
grsnovi Senior Member • Posts: 1,594

It's not really asking them how their supply chain works is it?

If you called and said: I want to buy a G Master 600 lens and I can't find one, can you tell me who might have one that's not spoken for?"

And, No, I've never done this as I've never been looking for what is likely a (relatively) low volume/high dollar product.

grsnovi's gear list:grsnovi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony SLT-A65 Sony a7R III +8 more
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 3,368

grsnovi wrote:

It's not really asking them how their supply chain works is it?

If you called and said: I want to buy a G Master 600 lens and I can't find one, can you tell me who might have one that's not spoken for?"

And, No, I've never done this as I've never been looking for what is likely a (relatively) low volume/high dollar product.

If I understand your reply correctly sorry if I do not

I used to work for a camera store.. Generally speaking if I got a call and the caller said I am looking for a XYZ can you tell me who might have one not spoken for. That is impossible to know who has a waiting list and what stock levels are.

As a camera store I am only worried about my shop.. I am not sending business elsewhere I suggest you make some calls and send some emails. I can add you to our waiting list.

I cant imaging the manufacture saying we sent 5,000 units to this shop and 100 here and 800 there. It is also a HUGE security risk for bad people knowing .

LensWizard

anyone here can locate me a Sony A1 and 600mm f/4 master in stock here in USA today..?  Sure would like to buy this new kit...

-- hide signature --

Tim S Contributing Member • Posts: 873

I bet. My 600mm order took 4 months to arrive.

-- hide signature --

Tim Munsey
www.wildphotolife.co.uk

Tim S's gear list:Tim S's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Sony a1 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,784

LensWizard wrote:

anyone here can locate me a Sony A1 and 600mm f/4 master in stock here in USA today..? Sure would like to buy this new kit...

If you had ordered as suggested two month ago you would be more than half way there now…

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads