*** WINNERS *** Mini-Challenge # 560 "Rusty and Dusty"

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
RLBur
RLBur Veteran Member • Posts: 5,036
*** WINNERS *** Mini-Challenge # 560 "Rusty and Dusty"

I would like to thank you all for the opportunity to host Min-Challenge #560.  It was a pleasure to view each of your photographs.  We had some very good entries as well as exhibits.  In addition, it did not go unnoticed that some entries and exhibits were shot fresh which meant extra effort was put in the mini-challenge.  Thank you for taking the time to do that.

In the first thread I will list the HMs and in the 2nd thread, those who placed.

Best Regards,

Randy

RLBur's gear list:RLBur's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX1 Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X +15 more
RLBur
OP RLBur Veteran Member • Posts: 5,036
Honorable Mentions - in no special order

bgreg's rusty chain. A prime example of the theme sure to leave a good stain on your hands when you handle it!

Jon's "Beam from NY, 9-11" I've been to the Reagan Library/Museum and have a photo of this.

Panet's Abandoned Kitchen.  It's obvious these pots haven't been used in a long time.  One has to wonder how many meals were prepared, cooked and stored in these?

RotBart's "Rancho".  I really enjoyed this photo.  There is so much to look at and take in.  Plenty of dust and rust...and that is what makes the photo.  I want to go inside, explore the outside, talk to someone about this "Rancho."

sue anne's roto-tiller.  Classic example of a piece of equipment that ages well with dirt and rust.  I've had my share of blisters operating one of these!

Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX1 Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X +15 more
RLBur
*** WINNERS ***

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! I struggled mightily in determining the order.

It was so difficult in making a decision that I decided I would award: 2 third place entries, 2 second places entries, 1st place.

3rd Place is shared by Crandell and Bjorn.

Crandell's bridge/truss....The framing with the rusty rails leading to and through the bridge caught my attention.

Bjorn's bicycle invoked quite an emotion in me as it looks so much like my dad's old bicycle leaning again the fence on the back of my parent's property. Thank you Bjorn for jogging a special memory with this photo.

2nd Place will be shared by Dor and Marco.

Dor's Rusty and Dusty Window was quite a hit in my house. I shared it with my wife and visiting daughter who thought it to be quite mysterious. The effect of dust, rust, framing, and light works so well. Dor, my wife thanks you for this shot...it reminded her that I was to wash the windows on the back of our house!

Marco's Rusty Lock.  Great photo!  I'm thinking it is still on the chain link fence because it is seized up from the rust and elements!

1st Place - Panet's Rusty on the Outside.

This is one of the photos that was shot fresh for the mini-challenge.  The irony in that the very thing that is meant to remove dust and prohibit rust is contained in a vessel that is rusty and dusty.  Most likely these containers are from the 50s, perhaps earlier?    Great entry and congratulations Panet, you will host the next mini-challenge.

RLBur
For Panet Guidelines to help

The subject for this challenge is “.”

Share your best photos…...

The challenge will end at…..

THE RULES

You may enter up to three competition images, three entries.

Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post and please remember to change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture title.

Please only include one picture in each post; this makes the judging much easier.

Please specify whether your submission is an ENTRY or an EXHIBIT.

Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera used, even smart phones.

The host chooses the winners and honorable mentions, and posts those in a new thread. The host's decision is final.

Remember, it's all about fun, sharing, and learning.

The winner of this challenge then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner of that one, and so on it goes.

The winner of this challenge will have 48 hours to post the next challenge. If that doesn't happen, 2nd place will have 24 hours to do so, then it's up to 3rd place.

Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 3,856
Re: *** WINNERS ***

Congratulations to the winner and thank you for mentioning one of mine. 

RLBur wrote:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! I struggled mightily in determining the order.

It was so difficult in making a decision that I decided I would award: 2 third place entries, 2 second places entries, 1st place.

3rd Place is shared by Crandell and Bjorn.

Crandell's bridge/truss....The framing with the rusty rails leading to and through the bridge caught my attention.

Bjorn's bicycle invoked quite an emotion in me as it looks so much like my dad's old bicycle leaning again the fence on the back of my parent's property. Thank you Bjorn for jogging a special memory with this photo.

2nd Place will be shared by Dor and Marco.

Dor's Rusty and Dusty Window was quite a hit in my house. I shared it with my wife and visiting daughter who thought it to be quite mysterious. The effect of dust, rust, framing, and light works so well. Dor, my wife thanks you for this shot...it reminded her that I was to wash the windows on the back of our house!

Marco's Rusty Lock. Great photo! I'm thinking it is still on the chain link fence because it is seized up from the rust and elements!

1st Place - Panet's Rusty on the Outside.

This is one of the photos that was shot fresh for the mini-challenge. The irony in that the very thing that is meant to remove dust and prohibit rust is contained in a vessel that is rusty and dusty. Most likely these containers are from the 50s, perhaps earlier? Great entry and congratulations Panet, you will host the next mini-challenge.

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Dors
Dors Regular Member • Posts: 294
Re: *** WINNERS ***

It's a honor for me to be in 2nd position in a DPR forum among you photographers! Thanks a lot for choosing my shot and for the great hosting.

But please accept my apologies if I made trouble for you

Dors's gear list:Dors's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
Panet
Panet Senior Member • Posts: 1,761
Re: For Panet Guidelines to help

Happy I am for the first place. I think we had very good pictures, and wonder how hard it was the choice of places and HMs.

I also am grateful to RLBur for helping me with the guidlines. Thank you!

We had 560 mini-challenges, each of them with a subject. Possibly, any sugestion I may pose will be a repetition. I am proposing "Street photography", since such a subject is quite wide. Opinions are most wellcome.

Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 3,856
Sue Anne - 1st entry

Josh with Mark in NYC.

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Panet
Re: For Panet Guidelines to help - Mini-challenge nº 561

THE RULES

You may enter up to three competition images, three entries.

Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post and please remember to change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture title.

Please only include one picture in each post; this makes the judging much easier.

Please specify whether your submission is an ENTRY or an EXHIBIT.

Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera used, even smart phones.

The host chooses the winners and honorable mentions, and posts those in a new thread. The host's decision is final.

Remember, it's all about fun, sharing, and learning.

The winner of this challenge then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner of that one, and so on it goes.

The winner of this challenge will have 48 hours to post the next challenge. If that doesn't happen, 2nd place will have 24 hours to do so, then it's up to 3rd place.

Mini-challenge nº 561 Rules , thanks to RLBur.

Subject  Street photography.

My apologies for not followilng a straight line. I am still and mostly a handwriter...

Have fun!

-- hide signature --

Dum senesco, addisco.

Panet
Re: Sue Anne - 1st entry

A first class entry!

-- hide signature --

Dum senesco, addisco.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads