Heron again

Started 3 months ago | Photos
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,451
Heron again
2

it's back...again, it's currently roosting up a tree and a little too far for the Nikon 1 V1 and it's humble 10 mp sensor so no nice softer evening light ..... i also lost the rubber eyepiece...found it and found a fix for it falling off

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

 Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,835
Re: Heron again

Another lovely shot! How does the eyepiece normally attach?

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

 Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +26 more
Wu Jiaqiu
OP Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,451
Re: Heron again

Paul Pasco wrote:

Another lovely shot! How does the eyepiece normally attach?

it's kind of stuck on but you can peel it off....especially good if you need to clean the sensor, but once you do that it's prone to coming off, so i stuck a thick elastic band around the eyepiece and put the rubber over that and it seems to be doing the job

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

 Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 2,296
Re: Heron again

super - lovely photo

D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,210
Re: Heron again

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

it's back...again, it's currently roosting up a tree and a little too far for the Nikon 1 V1 and it's humble 10 mp sensor so no nice softer evening light ..... i also lost the rubber eyepiece...found it and found a fix for it falling off

Simply a beautiful image!

I'm so glad I looked. How did you fix the eyepiece?

-- hide signature --

DaveL
WSSA Member #468
Ontario, Canada

 D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Wu Jiaqiu
OP Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,451
Re: Heron again

rich_cx139 wrote:

super - lovely photo

many thanks

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

 Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Wu Jiaqiu
OP Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,451
Re: Heron again

D Lynch wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

it's back...again, it's currently roosting up a tree and a little too far for the Nikon 1 V1 and it's humble 10 mp sensor so no nice softer evening light ..... i also lost the rubber eyepiece...found it and found a fix for it falling off

Simply a beautiful image!

I'm so glad I looked. How did you fix the eyepiece?

many thanks, i put a rubber band around the metal part and the proper rubber eyepiece over that, seems to be working nicely so far

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

 Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,327
Re: Heron again

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

it's back...again, it's currently roosting up a tree and a little too far for the Nikon 1 V1 and it's humble 10 mp sensor so no nice softer evening light ..... i also lost the rubber eyepiece...found it and found a fix for it falling off

Simply a beautiful image!

I'm so glad I looked. How did you fix the eyepiece?

many thanks, i put a rubber band around the metal part and the proper rubber eyepiece over that, seems to be working nicely so far

Mine fell off ages ago so now I use TESA tape, the textile-like one.

Nice shot!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

 Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Wu Jiaqiu
OP Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,451
Re: Heron again

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

it's back...again, it's currently roosting up a tree and a little too far for the Nikon 1 V1 and it's humble 10 mp sensor so no nice softer evening light ..... i also lost the rubber eyepiece...found it and found a fix for it falling off

Simply a beautiful image!

I'm so glad I looked. How did you fix the eyepiece?

many thanks, i put a rubber band around the metal part and the proper rubber eyepiece over that, seems to be working nicely so far

Mine fell off ages ago so now I use TESA tape, the textile-like one.

Nice shot!

as long as it works that's all that matters

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

 Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads