To Cyuill

Started 3 months ago | Photos
misterodd
misterodd Senior Member • Posts: 1,507
To Cyuill

You asked, I listened.  

This is one of the oldest sections of Tokyo called Nihonbashi.  This area is adjacent to Tokyo Station and the financial district.

Dragon on the Bridge

N

The famous bridge in Nihonbashi

-- hide signature --

Box Man

misterodd's gear list:misterodd's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon 1 V3 +15 more
cyuill2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,168
Thanks!

Much appreciated!

Once again - great shots!

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
IainD Senior Member • Posts: 2,510
Re: To Cyuill

It must be rare to see the streets of Tokyo so quiet. Nice shots.

I

misterodd
OP misterodd Senior Member • Posts: 1,507

IainD wrote:

It must be rare to see the streets of Tokyo so quiet. Nice shots.

I

In general, yes; it is rare to see Tokyo streets so bare.  But like any metropolis if you seek out these pockets and patches of relative emptiness, you can find them, even in the most crowded of places.  Thanks for looking and commenting!

-- hide signature --

Box Man

rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 2,311

Interesting to see these - so different from what one expects in Tokyo.

misterodd

rich_cx139 wrote:

Interesting to see these - so different from what one expects in Tokyo.

Rich,

As you are well aware of Tokyo like any other major urban area has many faces and temperaments.  One only need to discover them.   Please visit and see for yourself.  

-- hide signature --

Box Man

Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 1,736

The second one is a great mix of the ancient and the modern, the people going about their daily business adds something else, great shot!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,729

Thanks for sharing these pictures of Tokyo. It's always fascinating for me to see these images, coming from a part of the world so different from mine, and so similar, at the same time.

You made an excellent use of the 18.5: the first seems to have been shot with a tele lens, while the second looks like it was taken with a wide angle.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
misterodd

Miss tilly wrote:

The second one is a great mix of the ancient and the modern, the people going about their daily business adds something else, great shot!

Gary, thanks a lot!  Yes, the people going about their daily business, as you put it, while the ancients watch over them like guardian angels.

-- hide signature --

Box Man

misterodd

André BARELIER wrote:

Thanks for sharing these pictures of Tokyo. It's always fascinating for me to see these images, coming from a part of the world so different from mine, and so similar, at the same time.

You are right about being able to learn about other cultures in other parts of the world through images that we share with each other--it's really wonderful.

You made an excellent use of the 18.5: the first seems to have been shot with a tele lens, while the second looks like it was taken with a wide angle.

Thanks Andre!  I made good use of my legs since I didn't have the all-in-one 6.7 - 300mm N1 dream lens.  LOL

-- hide signature --

Box Man

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads