***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,350
Re: Bill Borne, and, Greg.

My take on it 3 images wide

Chili, anyone?

No way not hot like you like it!

Thanks again for your Hospitality. Now I want to hear How Greg gets his camper anywhere near your House!

You'll recall that I asked you for your "van's" dimensions, and you went; "Huh?"  Wasn't the "stuck in the sand van," a whole lot larger?  I might be mistaken.

Inasmuch as future visitors are concerned; aka Greg, I've a Contingency Plan:  I'm making special provisions, Member birddogman.

Ultimate Flying Object;

Birddogman
OP Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,861

I'm making special provisions, Member birddogman.

You want me to “drop in”?

Check out my photos at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/137747053@N07/4M38jj

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
abiquiuense

Birddogman wrote:

I'm making special provisions, Member birddogman.

You want me to “drop in”?

Check out my photos at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/137747053@N07/4M38jj

Anytime, Greg.  Nonetheless, caveat emptor, I'm not too good on the catching-falling-object category.  Should I manage it, I'll probably spike you.

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 46,365

abiquiuense wrote:

Chili, anyone?

Thanks again for your Hospitality. Now I want to hear How Greg gets his camper anywhere near your House!

You'll recall that I asked you for your "van's" dimensions, and you went; "Huh?" Wasn't the "stuck in the sand van," a whole lot larger? I might be mistaken.

Same Van!

Inasmuch as future visitors are concerned; aka Greg, I've a Contingency Plan: I'm making special provisions, Member birddogman.

Ultimate Flying Object;

Meteor?????

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
abiquiuense
Re: Walking again

Pi lover wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

I have a great duck song. I'll post when you return.

A great duck song would be a good addition ;-).

Best wishes.

Grant.

Really hot today already.

Good day for some lemonade ... and lillies.

I'll play that for the grandkids next time they're over.

Your kids will love it, Grant.

You probably have to use "faucet water."  MyBabe plants lilies.  I flood irrigate them, and the other numerous plants, trees, weeds, stuff, .  . . that she plants.  They bloom; I just sits and wonders about their beauty.

Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,376
Ducks

-- hide signature --

Dak

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Pi lover
Pi lover Senior Member • Posts: 2,105
Re: Walking again

abiquiuense wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

I'll play that for the grandkids next time they're over.

Your kids will love it, Grant.

You probably have to use "faucet water." MyBabe plants lilies. I flood irrigate them, and the other numerous plants, trees, weeds, stuff, . . . that she plants. They bloom; I just sits and wonders about their beauty.

I don't even water the lillies ;-).  They're just like their spot that well this year.

I went out for breakfast and a walk with my wife in the civilized world today.  Some tables were closed at the restaurant and they asked that masks be used until seated at the table.  It was pretty normal.

abiquiuense

Bill Borne wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Chili, anyone?

You'll recall that I asked you for your "van's" dimensions, and you went; "Huh?" Wasn't the "stuck in the sand van," a whole lot larger? I might be mistaken.

Same Van!

Inasmuch as future visitors are concerned; aka Greg, I've a Contingency Plan: I'm making special provisions, Member birddogman.

Ultimate Flying Object;

Meteor?????

I wish it had been.  I forgot to show you my meteorite; two pounds of magnetic marvel.  It's been on my various shelves since Isabel decided to put me out of my misery, ca. 1976.

Thank you for the inquiry.  I consider it a coming of age signpost for this photograph.  Now, I know what to do with it.  And, afterwards, I will divulge the proprietary information.

Cheers

Bill Borne
Re: Yippie! Breakfast is ready, and the cook is fit to be tied, . . .

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . if I don't get up and go scarf it.

What's that green stuff sneaking its way out?

¡ Verdolagas ! Purslane ! Ok, ok, "pig's weed." MMMMMMMM

Repeat; mmmmmmmm.

I had to ensure daylight on my photo, so I took breakfast outside and put it on a rock. Don't worry, Greg, I kept my eye on Baloo. Slobbered breakfast or not, it's delicious.

TTYL

Great without the pigweed!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne
Re: Ducks

Dak on cam wrote:

What's with the flipflop?

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

abiquiuense
Ah, yes! A cicada panorama.

Birddogman wrote:

The 17 year cicadas emerged on our place by the billions starting in early June. They were so loud and so numerous that it was hard to speak and be heard outside. Nearly every leaf had them perched on it. They lasted about a month, literally carpeting the ground with dead bodies of the adult bugs. They didn't seem to cause much damage, despite their overwhelming presence.

Now we are starting to see the ends of tree branches turning brown, dying and falling to the ground. Oaks (and we have many massive oaks) seemed to be the hardest hit, like this one along the upper end of the lane:

I am told that this allows the nymphs that are now hatching to get to the ground and bury themselves.

Although oaks were the worst hit, the also swarmed other kinds of trees when oaks weren't in the immediate area, like this maple much further down the lane:

This is the second emergence of the 17 year cicadas I've seen in the 29 years I've lived in this place. I hope I'm lucky enough to see another - will be 92 then.

The edible cigar butt, but, butte, whatever, slash "roach."

I'll thank you to view the exif for the date. There is an apparent difference between Eastern and Western chicharras. Our locals are bilingual; sometimes at the same time, double juicy, and, just as loud as they crunch.

I would have posted two more, but, I figured you'd head for dessert, soon. They really are edible. In ancient times, I mean the "Jurassic," they rivaled coelophysis in size.

Something is incorrect in your math; UR-74; BB is 72, and I'm 29, hmmmm.

The roach may have affected my trigonometry.

Dak on cam

Bill Borne wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

I have no idea but it triggered me to take the camera from the bike bags.  It probably ventured out of reach.

-- hide signature --

Dak

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
abiquiuense
Re: Yippie! Breakfast is ready, and the cook is fit to be tied, . . .

Bill Borne wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . if I don't get up and go scarf it.

What's that green stuff sneaking its way out?

¡ Verdolagas ! Purslane ! Ok, ok, "pig's weed." MMMMMMMM

Repeat; mmmmmmmm.

I had to ensure daylight on my photo, so I took breakfast outside and put it on a rock. Don't worry, Greg, I kept my eye on Baloo. Slobbered breakfast or not, it's delicious.

TTYL

Great without the pigweed!

Skip the purslane salad, (just North of the rock), realCoronadoWeiners, (I did not burn our only realSilverWare) extra large baked potato, two, over easy.  Tortillas on the table, a little singed around the edges, having come in contact with flame as I turned the "hwayvoes."

This plate is history.  I scraped the vestiges with bread and gave it to Balu.  Now, he wants to go irrigate and will chase the morsel with a few gophers.

abiquiuense
Re: Duck minimalism. (n/t)

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

I have no idea but it triggered me to take the camera from the bike bags. It probably ventured out of reach.

abiquiuense
Re: More Trip Video slideshows

Bill Borne wrote:

Utah is a Photographers Dream Come True!

I've only viewed the first video which shows "Chimney Rock, Colorado," well into it.

I hiked it in 1973, with an archaeology class.  It has an amazing, ancient dwelling up there.  Brings back a lot of memories.  The class headquartered in that first photo that you feature, as you hit play.

Birddogman

Hmmmm.... I think the ducks ate the one-legged guy with the flipflop.  They look a little chubby.

-- hide signature --
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Bill Borne
Re: More Trip Video slideshows

abiquiuense wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Utah is a Photographers Dream Come True!

I've only viewed the first video which shows "Chimney Rock, Colorado," well into it.

You are Correct

I hiked it in 1973, with an archaeology class. It has an amazing, ancient dwelling up there. Brings back a lot of memories. The class headquartered in that first photo that you feature, as you hit play.

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne
Re: Duck minimalism. (n/t)

abiquiuense wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

I have no idea but it triggered me to take the camera from the bike bags. It probably ventured out of reach.

1st time you never said a word, I THINK!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Dak on cam

Birddogman wrote:

Hmmmm.... I think the ducks ate the one-legged guy with the flipflop. They look a little chubby.

Ah, that would explain it.

-- hide signature --

Dak

Birddogman

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads