Re: Chili con weenies.

abiquiuense wrote:

Before it hits the menu.

Chile verde;

Chile rescoldado/roasted.

Chili con weenies.

Diced "chili girl."

Diced "chili boy."

Chili is edible two days after it has budded on the plant. However, you want to wait.

Once you've roasted it, it becomes "caribe/Carribean." I love it with eggs/huevos, (no, not "xjuayvoes") in the morning. It can go straight to the freezer before chopping it. Some folks skip the peeling stage, then freeze it, does help peeling it after freezing.

After roasting, boil it, and add other food stuffs with it, or, set on table, as is.

Separate seeds, if you wish. The seeds and "veins", visible prominently when opened, contain "capsaicin." Capsaicin is what makes the pod "hot/spicy." Lemon juice neutralizes the capsaicin, noticeably. Jalapeños are pods, but, not chilis. You should consider removing the vein, in jalapeños, or chilis, but, do not touch sensitive body parts with those fingers. They are to body parts, what onions are to your eyes.

An Albuquerque meatpacker distributed "Coronado Weiners." Known as "red weiners," they are delicious unburnt, or roasted, fork-style over the stove burners, just don't use your favorite silverware for that. Wrapped in a flour tortilia, with caribe, the combo has been my solace in the wilderness.

Oh! Do not eat chili, and chase it with sody pop. No, sir. Hiccups, at least, with me.

A bushel currently runs fifty bucks, and climbing. Start ordering seed for the rest of Covid.

Chili is harvested by hand. It is backbreaking work, for the farmer, and even worse for the farm workers. Please patronize union shops. That practice will honor Cesar Chavez.

I try to buy mine from Chimayo, but, they have a cult following, and prices fluctuate among families, but they are expensive. Therefore, I buy them in burlap from wallMare, usually Hatch, NM chili, or Las Cruces, NM. And, the stores have burning tumblers that quickly roast them. Occasionally, I buy them, pack up the barbecue spit, and head for the mountains, to enjoy an evening of romance.

I call her "Hot Lips."

Yummy! I’ve watched videos on YouTube of people cooking chili peppers for use in tamales, either leaving the seeds or taking them out. I myself like a mild spicy versus hot!

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606's gear list:Evenstar606's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Apple iPhone X
Evenstar606
Evenstar606 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,351
Re: Yippie! Breakfast is ready, and the cook is fit to be tied, . . .

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . if I don't get up and go scarf it.

What's that green stuff sneaking its way out?

¡ Verdolagas ! Purslane ! Ok, ok, "pig's weed." MMMMMMMM

Repeat; mmmmmmmm.

I had to ensure daylight on my photo, so I took breakfast outside and put it on a rock. Don't worry, Greg, I kept my eye on Baloo. Slobbered breakfast or not, it's delicious.

TTYL

Yummy! The omelette looks delicious. Are those fried potatoes? They are a favorite dish around our house, sometimes fried with sweet onions.

-- hide signature --

Courtney

abiquiuense
abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,440
Re: Walking again

Pi lover wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

I did have a good night, Grant. And, this morning I went to one of my first cousins' funeral. Colon cancer claimed her within two weeks. Well, she had adult kids and they gave her grandkids. Scientists will cure cancer, but, they are not gonna help those who don't have afflictions, except the final one. You know your math, myFriend. We will be in deep, dark matter, once we keep adding to that bank account. We will run out of space/time. There will be no such thing as "got a moment?" No excuse for not washing dishes before the partner returns from WhoallyMare.

In the end we have memories and children. Some of the memories are wanted some not. Like the time someone was getting married and "the guys" went over to an uncles house while "the girls" got together. The multimillionaire uncle had the other uncles on their hands and knees admiring handiwork in the kitchen he just had remodeled. I walked over to my father-in-law and said "Woof". He shushed me sooo fast.

Then there's the time my father-in-law passed my sons and I tickets to a baseball game. First game of the year in April. Stands were just about empty and it was just above freezing. A reported asked me what I thought of the game. "It's great entertainment value." I got quoted in the local paper. It's the last year we got baseball tickets !!! It has become a line my kids use from time to time and they laugh every time they use it.

At least you have a new story from your trip.

I have a great duck song. I'll post when you return.

A great duck song would be a good addition ;-).

Best wishes.

Grant.

Really hot today already.

abiquiuense
abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,440

Evenstar606 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Repeat; mmmmmmmm.

I had to ensure daylight on my photo, so I took breakfast outside and put it on a rock. Don't worry, Greg, I kept my eye on Baloo. Slobbered breakfast or not, it's delicious.

TTYL

Yummy! The omelette looks delicious. Are those fried potatoes? They are a favorite dish around our house, sometimes fried with sweet onions.

That is the law.  Where in a vacuum, things move, perpetually.  Where they are still, still they remain.

Where there is one who finds yummy, there is another one who will put salt on them, or red chili, or, I mean, Ms. Courtney to connect you with the "breakfast of champions."

That plate is the competition, but not quite the, the, thee, "Breakfast of Champions."

Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 46,773
Animated Route I took on my Latest Trip

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Pi lover
Pi lover Senior Member • Posts: 2,124
Re: Walking again

abiquiuense wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

I have a great duck song. I'll post when you return.

A great duck song would be a good addition ;-).

Best wishes.

Grant.

Really hot today already.

Good day for some lemonade ... and lillies.

I'll play that for the grandkids next time they're over.

Ha Pham Contributing Member • Posts: 543
Re: ***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Birddogman wrote:

Thank you for your contribution, Ha!! The “tell” part might be to tell us how you made this surreal, but beautiful, image? If you are willing, of course.

Greg

I bought some texture backgrounds (there are free out there on the internet, Google for them). I put the photo in Photoshop, then put a background on a layer. Then blend them. Sometimes they become a mess. Sometimes they come out alright, in my eyes. That's how I do it. It's fun.

Ha

Ha Pham's gear list:Ha Pham's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma SD15 Sony a7R IV Sony a7C
Birddogman
OP Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 8,066

Interesting!  Thanks for sharing, Ha.
When I see good textures and clouds, I photograph them and have a whole folder of them, which I use in Photoshop.  Didn’t know you could just download them.

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Birddogman
OP Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 8,066
Re: Animated Route I took on my Latest Trip

Bill Borne wrote:

Pretty cool, Bill.  What are the numbers on your video?

I’d really like to spend a couple months seeing the SW part of the country this coming January and February.  Maybe get to meet David, too?  Montana for a couple of months first, however.  Only about 5 more weeks and we’re outta here!

Looks like you are home.  Are you ready to take a stop in the host rotation?

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Bill Borne
Re: Bill Borne, and . . .

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . trustee guide, escalated an "arroyo", aka, Bill, "dry wash." Once Bill lost his fear of my camera, I tried monochrome for the "miner" effect.

Was hot that day!!!!!

Sorry, Bill. It completely escaped me to take you up there, just three hundred feet higher, in the same distance. You'd have been privy to your very first, ancient (ca. 1492) Indian pueblo, now under USFS custody. In my defense, we would have been beyond "fashionably late" to Isabel's supper, at four. I was however very interested in your "finds." And, even more curious about how you'd handle, red chili. We sometimes harvest New York temperatures.

Onward;

You left, and then the rains started, couple days went by, and I tried to not only duplicate your fine photo, which is my model, and then, best it; if that's possible. Well, how about a rainbow?

Voila.

Huh? I've been trying to shy away from senior moments, but, I've denigrated to senior seconds.

Well, I've a habit of, what's it called when you click, then immediately view the screen? So, I found the problem.

After tinkering here and there; I surrender this.

TBS; more problems.

My take on it 3 images wide

One; C-Mos sensors, coupled with ultra, wide angle lenses, reduces the wide field of view. One must use a "fish-eye" to encompass the entirety of a double rainbow.

Two; Full frame Canons work well with ultra, wide angle lenses, but, they can't use lenses made for C-Mos sensors.

Three; your panorama function can have included the entirety of the illusion, yet, I forgot the iPhone in my pocket.

Four; senior second per second, and, and, you are older than I, me, . . . whatever.

I'm gonna crank out my Canon; oh wait, Camera A, has moth dust on the sensor. Camera B, does not have a focusing screen, but, a spotless sensor.

I figure that if I keep Camera B, at infinity, I won't need to focus. Some of my best astrophotography has been done that way.

Chili, anyone?

No way not hot like you like it!

Thanks again for your Hospitality. Now I want to hear How Greg gets his camper anywhere near your House!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne

Evenstar606 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

. . . trustee guide, escalated an "arroyo", aka, Bill, "dry wash." Once Bill lost his fear of my camera, I tried monochrome for the "miner" effect.

I agree with Greg, your rainbow photo is stunning, David! And Bill definitely pulls off the miner look here. Great photo!

Hmmm...Didn't notice how big my stomach is getting till I saw this photo!!! 

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 2,995

Birddogman wrote:

#3 is really evocative. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Greg.  Hopefully I can dig up some more pics.

KB

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more

abiquiuense wrote:

KBTinto wrote:

Some rainy pics .. went out the other week to pick up my Amazon order from their locker at the neighborhood Rite Aide pharmacy. It had rained earlier and I thought it would hold off until I got back home so I didn't take the umbrella .. but it restarted as I got halfway back ..

Good thing some shops still have awnings

When it let up a bit I headed home but not before taking some pics of 2 chess players mulling their next moves in a Starbucks which now closes at 10pm instead of 8:30 after the city eased Covid restrictions.

I am late viewing your exhibits, KB. However late I view them, I know their beauty will always hold true.

myBabe and I just got back from a funeral and fun-shopping the second hand stores in Santa Fe. It started raining very hard, with us just barely clearing the ridge to descend into the Rio Grande Valley. By the time we made my jurisdiction, all the arroyos were bulging. That area must have also gotten hail cuz there was definitely a drop in temperature. The area where it rained is mainly sand, so that tells me there is more water than meets the eye. Stretches of arroyos become quick sands; hwoomph, down. Happened to me with a load of roof beams coming from the mountains. The sand shifted from the hillside, and I plowed right into it for not looking. It took five trucks, chain-linked to pull me out. Crazy people didn't want to unload me before they did that.

Glad you both got out safe and sound!.

I better go before Greg gets an idea that I'm feeling better and can host another experience.

KB

Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Gordon RW Regular Member • Posts: 105
Quick on the draw

Was wandering the woods at the back of my local uni today, and just managed to get this deer on my phone.

Not the greatest picture, had to edit it, but still impressed at my reflexes. Life in the old dog yet.

Gordon RW's gear list:Gordon RW's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Fujifilm FinePix S2950

abiquiuense wrote:

Repeat; mmmmmmmm.

TTYL

Reminds me a bit of what I used to have for breakfast during my first few years at work. 2 scrambled eggs, hash browns, ketchup, buttered toast and coffee with cream and sugar. After the first few days the deli knew what I wanted and I didn't have to say a word.

KB

Bill Borne

Birddogman wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Pretty cool, Bill. What are the numbers on your video?

Do not know

I’d really like to spend a couple months seeing the SW part of the country this coming January and February. Maybe get to meet David, too? Montana for a couple of months first, however. Only about 5 more weeks and we’re outta here!

Looks like you are home. Are you ready to take a stop in the host rotation?

Yes I appear to follow David!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne
Ok Slideshow Video of New Mexico Only a minute or more

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Evenstar606
Re: Ok Slideshow Video of New Mexico Only a minute or more

Bill Borne wrote:

Beautiful countryside!

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606

Bill Borne wrote:

That’s quite a trip. I’m glad you had fun!

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606

Bill Borne wrote:

Evenstar606 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

I agree with Greg, your rainbow photo is stunning, David! And Bill definitely pulls off the miner look here. Great photo!

Hmmm...Didn't notice how big my stomach is getting till I saw this photo!!!

You look fine!

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads