** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 18 JUL- 24 JUL **

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 13,993
Re: Bog Iron Brook

Very nicely colourful with plenty to keep the eye interested.

Are there any fish there?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
Re: Moody Waters Revisited

jtr27 wrote:

They are both very nice Vitée. Hard to choose a favorite, but for me the 2nd version wins by a nose.

Thanks, Jonathan.

I'm kind of leaning that way too now.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 3,766
Night Harvest

Cutting alfalfa and oats for a local dairy herd (OOC jpeg - Provia)

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +3 more
Mr Bolton Senior Member • Posts: 1,221
Re: This One's for Jerry and his Upcoming Iceland Trip

Jerry-astro wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

I took this image not knowing that my copy of the 55-200 was defective. 😟

However it will give you an idea of the kind of scenery you will not only encounter but will be able to image with a telephoto. There are no people to give the sense of scale but a good copy of the lens should provide you with some spectacular landscape photos.

Bob

X-T2 w/defective 55-200 Lens

Great shot! I’m convinced!

If this is a defective copy, then this lens must be really spectacular indeed!  Great shot.

Mr Bolton's gear list:Mr Bolton's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
Ed_arizona Senior Member • Posts: 1,974
Street Bar in Gilbert

X-T20     XF35 F2.0 lens

-- hide signature --

Instagram Cactuskid77

Ed_arizona's gear list:Ed_arizona's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR 7artisans 55mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +1 more
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 971
Sensuous

Asian lilies

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +5 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,067
Re: Wonder what he's thinking..........

Dyeman wrote:

Hi, Morris.

Sigma 150-600mm. This is an Eastern Kingbird, right? He was relatively close, minimal cropping required.

I've never seen a blue one.  White balance?  Real nice background and feather detail

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Morris0
Re: Eagle heading home

Dyeman wrote:

Thanks, Morris. It's a Sigma 150-600mm Canon fit with Fringer Pro II adapter. I was thinking that sharpness of the lens might improve if I didn't shoot fully extended. I had intended to shoot 550+mm but later on realized it was around 400mm. I was fortunate to be able to crop the image.

Try f8 and rather than shorter and see if you are happy.  I prefer the reach to both as teh images sharpen up nicely

Morris

Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 3,766
Moonlit Morning

X-T4 and TTArtisan 50mm @1.2

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +3 more
Morris0
Back to the beach

The smoke from the forest fires i the west has been brutal in NYC the past few days with a great improvement in air quality yesterday morning after a cold front overnight washed the smoke out of the air. As the morning progressed, it was getting bad again yet I was able to get in a super shoot before my eyes started to burn.

-1 American Oystercatchers

-3 Laughing Gull

-4 Black Skimmer

-5 Black Skimmer over Common Terns

You can see the difference in the air quality between the first image and the last. I expect we will be dealing with the smoke till the fall.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Dyeman Regular Member • Posts: 265
Re: Wonder what he's thinking..........

Thanks, Morris. You are right about white balance. The WB was set to sunny in camera but when I adjust it in Capture One to cloudy the bird appears more gray. When I looked up kingbirds on line they don't mention blue coloring.

I distinctly remember this bird appearing blue to my eye when I photographed it, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the light reflections at the lake. We have green herons here and I notice that they often appear "blueish" at times when they are close to the woods on shore. I enjoy the learning process - thanks again.

Dyeman's gear list:Dyeman's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Dyeman Regular Member • Posts: 265
Re: Back to the beach

Very nice shots.  I always enjoy how you are able to get very detailed features of BIF with the X-T3/Sigma combo. Gives me hope :-).

Dyeman's gear list:Dyeman's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Morris0
Re: Back to the beach

Dyeman wrote:

Very nice shots. I always enjoy how you are able to get very detailed features of BIF with the X-T3/Sigma combo. Gives me hope :-).

Thank you,

Morris

CeeDave
CeeDave Senior Member • Posts: 2,110

SigmaChrome wrote:

Vitée,

I’ve never seen even small fish this far up the stream profile. This area may dry up altogether in  dry years, and the bog and stream are very acidic (naturally, from iron and  minerals in the underlying rocks). I have only seen aquatic insects and amphibians (mainly frogs)  this close to the top of the watershed. Further downstream, lots of fish…the seasonal migration of herring is even recovering (slowly) as humans remove dams, reduce pollution, and restore aquatic habitat. Maybe someday we’ll even see some return of trout (permanent, not wholly dependent on stocking) and even salmon runs. I’ve seen a couple otters in the middle reaches of watersheds here in the “South Shore” area near Boston, Massachusetts—a sign that fish are abundant.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

-- hide signature --

Chris
Striving to make the quotidian quotable.

CeeDave's gear list:CeeDave's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +11 more
Re: Moonlit Morning

Gorgeous shot!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée

jrmacd Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: A sun kissed late afternoon

This is just an exhalation of a photograph.  The long shadow cast by the little tree just gets me.

jrmacd's gear list:jrmacd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +5 more

CeeDave wrote:

SigmaChrome wrote:

Vitée,

I’ve never seen even small fish this far up the stream profile. This area may dry up altogether in dry years, and the bog and stream are very acidic (naturally, from iron and minerals in the underlying rocks). I have only seen aquatic insects and amphibians (mainly frogs) this close to the top of the watershed. Further downstream, lots of fish…the seasonal migration of herring is even recovering (slowly) as humans remove dams, reduce pollution, and restore aquatic habitat. Maybe someday we’ll even see some return of trout (permanent, not wholly dependent on stocking) and even salmon runs. I’ve seen a couple otters in the middle reaches of watersheds here in the “South Shore” area near Boston, Massachusetts—a sign that fish are abundant.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Thanks for the detailed answer.

It's good to know there's been some rehabilitation of this watercourse. And I guess if trout were native there in the first place, it would be good if they could be re-established - but only after species were strongly established. Trout can be very destructive of smaller species.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée

airwilf
airwilf Regular Member • Posts: 193
New Lawnmower

My New Lawnmower

A first post here for me ,I believe. New 70-300 on my X-T3, SOOC .His three family members weren't far behind.

-- hide signature --

The older I get, the less I care what people think of me. Therefore, the older I get , the more I enjoy life.

airwilf's gear list:airwilf's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads