** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 18 JUL- 24 JUL **

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,052
Re: Eagle heading home

Nice, what lens at 403mm?

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Morris0
Re: Back in Lockdown...

Look like you are making the best of it Vitée.  Nice vibrant images

Morris

Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
mandodon Forum Member • Posts: 85
Buggy Prickley Pear

The bugs were working overtime on this prickley pear bloom.

mandodon's gear list:mandodon's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,430
Re: This One's for Jerry and his Upcoming Iceland Trip

Emile15 wrote:

There are no people to give the sense of scale ....

Bob

X-T2 w/defective 55-200 Lens

Sure there are. I count at least two near the shore of the lake. What was wrong with the lens?

You are absolutely correct!  Didn't notice them.  i noticed the day after or even late afternoon/evening, the lens was not able to obbtain sharp focus at infinity or even closer. Since that trip I've been very lazy and haven't even sent it in for repair since I have the 100-400 and not needed the 55-200.

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,430
Re: Ash-Covered Icelandic Glacier

Emile15 wrote:

Wow, there are many more people here than first meets the eye! I do wonder how some of them got to where they are. It must be dangerous to cross the glacier.

I'm sure the guides have a set path to minimize the danger.  One would think the ash may occlude some crevasses or other dangerous sections.  I did not venture too much further since my wife and I had already hiked to an inland glacier the day before where there was no one.  That was easy to get to and one could just step onto the ice with no problem....quite unexpected.

There are ample opportunities to do glacier and ice tunnel ventures.  That's why I intend to return some day.

BTW the 55-200 was behaving in the above image.  It was taken the day before the trek to Glacier Lagoon.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +6 more
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 3,746
Frankie's II, and a Couple at the Marina

First, a different angle, and the 55-200 replaces the 18-55 shot of last week. (Raw processed in Raw Power.)  I was working for a balance of ambient and artificial light, and a moment when everyone seemed relaxed and having a good time.

I was out looking for reflections and sailboat masts in the lowering sun.  This couple appeared, and I worked them in. The atmosphere is very hazy from western U.S. wildfires. Raw was processed in Raw Power.

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +3 more
io_bg
io_bg Senior Member • Posts: 1,279
Some pics from Saturday's hike

Visited the 7 Rila lakes which are of glacial origin and are situated in the Rila mountain in Bulgaria between 2,100 and 2,500 metres above sea level. They're a super popular hiking destination in Bulgaria and while it can be a long and tiring hike (about 5-6 hours) though we continued an extra hour to a lookout spot where all 7 lakes can be seen.

I had a dilemma what lenses to bring, at first I considered the XC 16-50 and the Samyang 12mm f/2, then decided the kit lens would be enough but in the end I carry both plus the XC 50-230 The latter saw very limited use.

The upper two lakes were still icy. And the outside temperature was about 20°C!

There were a few snow patches the higher we went, and this lookout even had a tiny snowman built on it

Lots of wildflowers on this bright summer day

-- hide signature --

Best,
Yoan

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +8 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 13,976
Re: Some pics from Saturday's hike

A beautiful set.

Great locations.

Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
Dyeman Regular Member • Posts: 263

Thanks, Morris.  It's a Sigma 150-600mm Canon fit with Fringer Pro II adapter.  I was thinking that sharpness of the lens might improve if I didn't shoot fully extended.  I had intended to shoot 550+mm but later on realized it was around 400mm.  I was fortunate to be able to crop the image.

Dyeman's gear list:Dyeman's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Morris0
Green Heron

I photographed this green heron on a hazy hot and humid day at Oakland Lake here in New York City. The bright background is out of focus duckweed and that's why it's slightly green.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0
Red Winged Blackbird in flight

I've been working on a steller RWBB flight photo for years. These are approaching my vision.

Morris

Aaron Sur Senior Member • Posts: 1,229
Re: Rainforest wanderings

Thank you for your kind comments

Aaron

Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 17,741
Re: Green Heron

Morris0 wrote:

I photographed this green heron on a hazy hot and humid day at Oakland Lake here in New York City. The bright background is out of focus duckweed and that's why it's slightly green.

Morris

Great shots, as always, Morris.  Went to that local lake a couple of times now looking for our resident Green Heron, but no joy as yet.  Did see (and photograph) a GBH and Egret there, but the little guy must have been in hiding.  I'll keep trying as time allows.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fuji Forum co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 +1 more
Morris0

Jerry-astro wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

Morris

Great shots, as always, Morris. Went to that local lake a couple of times now looking for our resident Green Heron, but no joy as yet. Did see (and photograph) a GBH and Egret there, but the little guy must have been in hiding. I'll keep trying as time allows.

Thank you Jerry,

These green herons are a lot smaller than those big birds and there well camouflaged.

Morris

Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 17,741

Morris0 wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Great shots, as always, Morris. Went to that local lake a couple of times now looking for our resident Green Heron, but no joy as yet. Did see (and photograph) a GBH and Egret there, but the little guy must have been in hiding. I'll keep trying as time allows.

Thank you Jerry,

These green herons are a lot smaller than those big birds and there well camouflaged.

Morris

Yup, plus a couple of other challenges as well.  That particular lake is fairly large, but with only limited access at a couple of points.  There are a host of places where one of those little guys could be hanging out and which would be out of view.  I did find both an egret and GBH, but unfortunately at a good distance and with crummy atmospheric conditions.  I love the pose, but the image lacks sharpness and detail.  I'll keep trying...

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fuji Forum co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 +1 more
Del Tommo
Del Tommo Junior Member • Posts: 29
BrewDog's Outpost

A refreshing break from a city sizzling in the summer Sun.

X-T20 - 35mm F1.4 - Classic Chrome

Del Tommo's gear list:Del Tommo's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm +1 more
Mustafa K Senior Member • Posts: 1,796

Morris, they are very crisp shots. I like specially the second one.

-- hide signature --

Mustafa K.
--
Galleries:
Photos from exhibitions: http://www.redbrook.smugmug.com

Mustafa K's gear list:Mustafa K's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-S10
Morris0

Mustafa K wrote:

Morris, they are very crisp shots. I like specially the second one.

Thank you Mustafa,

Morris

jrmacd Forum Member • Posts: 96
Morning Cyclist

Fuji 55-200.

jrmacd's gear list:jrmacd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +5 more
jrmacd Forum Member • Posts: 96

Dyeman wrote:

There is an eagle pair that nests at a local park about an hour from my home. This one had finished its meal and suddenly took off flying low along the river, heading back to the nest.

Nice capture. There are bald eagle(s) that regularly hang out early mornings on a weather station near me, but I've only once every capture one in flight, and that was just taking off.  I get bored waiting for them. I've spent an hour on a regular basis just waiting.  I headed there yesterday, as I'd ordered the on-same 50-140 to possibly replace my old 55-200 and I figured this would be a nice way to compare them, and I thought I was going to catch him here, but he was just shifting positions.

50-140

55-200

jrmacd's gear list:jrmacd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads