Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Jim B (MSP) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,178
One last person to vote

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Dave wrote:

CIC 220: Summertime

Voting Begins: Now
Voting Ends: Thursday, August 12, 2021 23:59 Eastern Local Time

Voting will take place by shared email spreadsheet.

As I am tied up later, I got the sheet done early and shared it with the regulars.

If you want to vote, send an email to jimmsp(--at--)aol.com

Voting will end when all ballots have been received.

As of this am, there is only one person left to vote.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Re: One last person to vote

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Jim B (MSP) wrote:

Dave wrote:

CIC 220: Summertime

Voting Begins: Now
Voting Ends: Thursday, August 12, 2021 23:59 Eastern Local Time

Voting will take place by shared email spreadsheet.

As I am tied up later, I got the sheet done early and shared it with the regulars.

If you want to vote, send an email to jimmsp(--at--)aol.com

Voting will end when all ballots have been received.

As of this am, there is only one person left to vote.

Please don't anticipate a conclusion until you carefully read the rules.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
Traveller Veteran Member • Posts: 6,270
It's Not Mick, is it? I Still Feel Bad About Mick...

...I sense and feel guilty that it was my tomfoolery over the morality of my voting for one of his images over the other...that drove him away.

And it is regrettable. Such a talent and he seemed to be having fun.

However, I do think in moralistic terms....this doesn't mean I am moral, it just means I think about it...lol

In any case I miss him....and he should  vote so we can get on with things....lol

Traveller

LOL...Bear Scat? Post in Pending?

....seriously now, one of these days this pandemic and its variants will burn out and I will travel again....before I became fat, some 50 years ago, I used to be a long distance runner....and I felt some safety in this.

Wrongly maybe, but still...

Now I am just food for any apex predator....and so need to know what things show danger since, eventually, I'll be back out in the woods.

Thanks for your PSA.

Traveller

Re: It's Not Mick, is it? I Still Feel Bad About Mick...

Traveller wrote:

...I sense and feel guilty that it was my tomfoolery over the morality of my voting for one of his images over the other...that drove him away.

And it is regrettable. Such a talent and he seemed to be having fun.

However, I do think in moralistic terms....this doesn't mean I am moral, it just means I think about it...lol

In any case I miss him....and he should vote so we can get on with things....lol

Traveller

It is not Mick. I wish it was.

I have tried to get him back, but I have failed.

But I am going to have to play by the rules soon.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
CIC 220: Summertime *** Voting has closed

It is now after midnight east coast time.

While it pains me, I declare the voting has closed.

Unfortunately, one person who submitted has not voted, Sue Anne.

We have a rule that covers this unique situation : The winning photo must be submitted by a photographer who has voted in that challenge.

That rule was written to cover the situation that now exists a close vote. Sue Anne has a photo that has garnered the most votes. But if she had voted like the majority did, she would not have won. But we will never know; she did not respond to a pm from me, or to a separate email.

The votes are as seen here

But because Sue Anne did not vote, she is not eligible to win.

Thus, I declare the winner to be Traveller with his photo Luminous.

Traveller, the next challenge is all yours.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
Noooooooooo....Aghraaaa....oooooo...lol.lol.lol Cough, Cough

....grabs chest and falls to the ground in giggles and night sweats.

Be that as it may....I'm going to give you the bullet to the brain right now.

Last night I was up working late, very late with the TV on as background noise and watched in succession,  A clockwork Orange and Mulholland Dr.

Weird stuff lads and lassies, great direction though, strange angles, stranger close ups of this or that or him or her or it or them.

Giving importance to the common or, uncommon for that matter.

Get out your fish-eyes and point it close to your face, or your maco 100's on a fish eye about to be cooked or you long lenses for a shadowy night shot....

Paul's T for 2 might well be fine for this Challenge....it was so clean there was a spooky loneliness about it....where were the people?!? Who kidnapped everyone...?

You get the idea, have fun. (the unusual, the not normal...Spaghetti O's?)

(as always it may take me a little bit to get the galleries up....but you know what to do now).

Traveller

Dave
OP Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 5,912
Re: LOL...Bear Scat? Post in Pending?

Saw it and shot it in Alaska, without intent to share.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
sparkey2
sparkey2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,070
Clockwork Orange?? Are you really that desperate?

Traveller wrote:

Last night I was up working late, very late with the TV on as background noise and watched in succession, A clockwork Orange and Mulholland Dr.

Weird stuff lads and lassies, great direction though, strange angles, stranger close ups of this or that or him or her or it or them.

Get out your fish-eyes and point it close to your face, or your maco 100's on a fish eye about to be cooked or you long lenses for a shadowy night shot....

Paul's T for 2 might well be fine for this Challenge....it was so clean there was a spooky loneliness about it....where were the people?!? Who kidnapped everyone...?

(as always it may take me a little bit to get the galleries up....but you know what to do now).

Traveller

Never was a fan of UK TV, movies and especially humor.

Sue, that sly devil….. she knew, she knew! That was a fantastic entry from her.
Mine, if I had left it in the challenge might have gotten 1/2 a vote or so. After that I have no clue on what you’re trying to say. Fisheye??

On a side note we had a storm and a microburst last night.  A healthy branch from my neighbors tree came down, on my property not sure who is responsible for cleaning up that one. They are out of town…..

-- hide signature --

Sold off all my DSLR gear and now I’m a cellphone shooter.

Re: Noooooooooo....Aghraaaa....oooooo...lol.lol.lol Cough, Cough

Traveller wrote:

This sounds like the essence of the challenge.

Paul's T for 2 might well be fine for this Challenge...

I missed that one.

.it was so clean there was a spooky loneliness about it....where were the people?!? Who kidnapped everyone...?

OK.

If not, I am sure you will tell me.

Traveller

But the unusual will be fun.

I just got a print back from my club which probably fits. I'll post it later.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
Re: Clockwork Orange?? Are you really that desperate?

sparkey2 wrote:

Never was a fan of UK TV, movies and especially humor.

Sue, that sly devil….. she knew, she knew!

She might have and just did not want to win and set things up.

That was a fantastic entry from her.

Yes it was.

Mine, if I had left it in the challenge might have gotten 1/2 a vote or so. After that I have no clue on what you’re trying to say. Fisheye??

I think means the eye of a fish.

On a side note we had a storm and a microburst last night. A healthy branch from my neighbors tree came down, on my property not sure who is responsible for cleaning up that one. They are out of town…..

Generally the property owner wins, but a good neighbor helps out.

Also - if somebody wants the firewood that results, they manage the cleanup.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
Like this ?

Traveller wrote:

Last night I was up working late, very late with the TV on as background noise and watched in succession, A clockwork Orange and Mulholland Dr.

Traveller

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
A Woodpecker's Home?

....yes, this is different, interesting....so exactly but you can look more broadly also.

Traveller

The Perseids Meteor shower and our place in the Universe

The Perseids Meteor shower last night was great.

It was surprisingly fabulous and I must add that if I can drive up the Angeles Crest Highway with all the light pollution from Los Angeles below, and see nine very good meteors with one fireball in half an hour, then most everyone should also be able to find somewhere moderately close to themselves also.

It is true that I was at the 3,330 ft level which helps even though it wasn't as high as possible, but still considering the light bleed from Los Angeles, everyone else should have a good sky in that this is also a new moon.

A nice touch was laying out even on the rocky ground with the cool night breeze blowing across your body. There was the Big Dipper off to the left and the great Dome of the night sky during the new moon stretching out above you.

This evening is supposed to be the best time to watch the Perseids, though Saturday and Sunday should be okay also. However it is Friday the 13th so be careful out there....lol...but enjoy.

Best Wishes, Traveller

Oddly, I couldn't tell where the Northeast sky was....true I was on a twisty mountain road with lots of switchbacks, but I was insisting inside myself that I was looking Southwest even though my cell phone's compass said that it was in truth Northeast thata` way. The phone was right and I must have no sense of direction at all!

sparkey2
sparkey2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,070
Re: The Perseids Meteor shower and our place in the Universe

Traveller wrote:

The Perseids Meteor shower last night was great.

It was surprisingly fabulous and I must add that if I can drive up the Angeles Crest Highway with all the light pollution from Los Angeles below, and see nine very good meteors with one fireball in half an hour, then most everyone should also be able to find somewhere moderately close to themselves also.

It is true that I was at the 3,330 ft level which helps even though it wasn't as high as possible, but still considering the light bleed from Los Angeles, everyone else should have a good sky in that this is also a new moon.

A nice touch was laying out even on the rocky ground with the cool night breeze blowing across your body. There was the Big Dipper off to the left and the great Dome of the night sky during the new moon stretching out above you.

This evening is supposed to be the best time to watch the Perseids, though Saturday and Sunday should be okay also. However it is Friday the 13th so be careful out there....lol...but enjoy.

Best Wishes, Traveller

Oddly, I couldn't tell where the Northeast sky was....true I was on a twisty mountain road with lots of switchbacks, but I was insisting inside myself that I was looking Southwest even though my cell phone's compass said that it was in truth Northeast thata` way. The phone was right and I must have no sense of direction at all!

I don’t seem to be able to read anymore, kind of a speed skimmer.  Getting me into personal trouble.

Sorry, I'll Hit it Again Tomorrow

....i still have 8 wishes left from the Perseids Meteor shower.

Be that as it may, my photo computer, my best one, completely shut down, seemingly having done its own factory reset....willy-Nilly.

All passwords were lost, all programs had to be reconfigured to my previous settings....very strange....and then I had this: (a complaint posted to another site)

^^^^^^^^^^^

....I met with a client today, without masks, and then learned later he was an anti-vaxxer. Mr. R has been a client for 30+ years and when he walked in maskless and I was typing to finish his project for signature which is why he was there....I just didn't think about it, presuming that like all smart people that I liked that he was vaccinated....and in this brief time together, maskless was okay.

I am not okay with it now...I don't normally f*** up like this. I got his signature and hustled him out the door....but I am pi$$ed off, at him and my self.

On the bright side, the morning client brought me a ton of fresh fruit.....(Yummy), and the third client was masked, as was I....but the problem solving was a little edgy and not to my liking, but I will do it.

Question:

Do I have to worry about the middle client that was maskless?

And tonight I am supposed to be at a live play, Love's Labor Lost.

(life would be okay if I weren't so lazy...truth!)

Traveller

PS My Moderna shots are supposed to be pretty good against the Delta Variant.

So maybe I am okay, sigh.

Re: Sorry, I'll Hit it Again Tomorrow

Traveller wrote:

Be that as it may, my photo computer, my best one, completely shut down, seemingly having done its own factory reset....willy-Nilly.

All passwords were lost, all programs had to be reconfigured to my previous settings....very strange....and then I had this: (a complaint posted to another site)

This is not a good sign. Passwords are normally not lost in a shutdown.

I would recommend that you run Malwarebytes free https://try.malwarebytes.com/free-download/?gclid=CjwKCAjw9uKIBhA8EiwAYPUS3ElgaDecfXUf-2adLg4YV0mcXZowpODBVXV_QMZfA3E4NGcwI9MY7hoCxSIQAvD_BwE

just to be sure nothing bad is hanging around.

Do you need help in setting up CIC 221?

If so, just type up a summary of the topic and send it along to me.

I leave on a trip on Weds, so today would be best.

^^^^^^^^^^^

....I met with a client today, without masks, and then learned later he was an anti-vaxxer. Mr. R has been a client for 30+ years and when he walked in maskless and I was typing to finish his project for signature which is why he was there....I just didn't think about it, presuming that like all smart people that I liked that he was vaccinated....and in this brief time together, maskless was okay.

I am not okay with it now...I don't normally f*** up like this. I got his signature and hustled him out the door....but I am pi$$ed off, at him and my self.

On the bright side, the morning client brought me a ton of fresh fruit.....(Yummy), and the third client was masked, as was I....but the problem solving was a little edgy and not to my liking, but I will do it.

Question:

He should worry more than you. From what I read, you have as much of a chance as carrying the Covid in an asymptomatic way and giving it to him as he does in carrying it. And since you have the Moderna shots (as do I) you are very well protected.

Lazy - doesn't sound like it.

Traveller

I agree.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 90D
Dave
Re: Sorry, I'll Hit it Again Tomorrow

Traveller wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Question:

Traveller

I didn't know meteor showers conveyed wishes.  Glad you got a lot and hope they help with the two betrayals of trust.  Go to the play.  Even if infected (as unlikely as that is) it's too soon for you to be a spreader.  I'm afraid I may have jinxed you by having an image ready-to-go in eligible.

Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Dear Jim, Paul, Dave or the Wizzard of OZ Correct 221 as Needed

...I think it is good...with with me you'll never know.

I am not sure I any longer have friendly relationships with computers....lol.

Thanks for the Malware Bites advice....i have it on the main work Win7 machine, but not on any of my Win 10s.

I'll take care of it.

And Paul, without you setting up the blanks, this would still be sitting empty....lol...thanks.

Best Wishes, Traveller

PS And DAVE, didn't your mama never teach you nothin`? You get a full wish with ever shooting star you see. So there! I am a wish rich man now!

Dave
Re: Dear Jim, Paul, Dave or the Wizzard of OZ Correct 221 as Needed

Looks fine to me.  Thanks to both you and Paul.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads