* The Weekly Image Thread 21 07 11 #580 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos
dt27348
dt27348 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,595
Re: Yesterday Morning

Thanks Jim.

Dave

dt27348's gear list:dt27348's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +4 more
dt27348

Thanks Rich. The weather so far this year has been pretty good and I learned long ago to make the most of it while it's here.

The lens is a recent acquisition. I had one several years ago which came as part of a kit and I sold it on the same way. Reviews give it a mixed reputation but they're so cheap nowadays. As an impecunious Scot, I found this appealing..

It's a very long time since I last blushed but you came close to making it happen.

Dave

Sony SLT-A65 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +4 more
dt27348
Re: When smoke gets in your sky's

I like the effect too Jim. Hope the fires stay well away from your location.

Dave

dt27348
Re: Slight Detour

Bugs and flowers can be a bad combination but in this case they go well together.

I never thought I'd say this but some of your rain would be appreciated WN. Haven't had any for quite some time.

Dave

Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 14,263
Re: More Battered Flowers

I like your lilies, Andrew.  The color is great, especially the orange.

Did you say the pictures which are stacked have stacked in the file name?   Rich

dt27348
Re: Smug little ......

Those are great shots Dicky. The pose in the second with the puffed out chest indicates to me that the pigeons are claiming victory. Keep a close eye on your blood pressure.🤬

Dave

Rich Z
Re: Slight Detour

That must be a Halloween beatle, WhyNot.  It is a gaudy beast, and likely easy for the birds to see.  The blackberry lily is beautiful and reminds me of an orchid.

Wind is a constant here.  I usually just revert to regular photography when wind makes stacking difficult.  Waiting to shoot between gusts puts me in a temper.    Rich

Rich Z
Re: Three More Stacked

The passion flower is a great subject for stacking, WhyNot.  I like the result.  Rich

DickyAus Veteran Member • Posts: 3,769

Thanks Dave, yes it is definitely round one to the pigeons.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +1 more
DickyAus Veteran Member • Posts: 3,769
Venus and Mars in conjunction.

Hand held - not bad after two glasses of Shiraz.

And the last of the crescent moon.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +1 more
WhyNot
WhyNot Forum Pro • Posts: 10,782

These are very nice .. Good composition, great DOF, sharp! … but then I think that these remind me of the old, wrinkled, B&W man that was popular in photography a few years ago and maybe is still in vogue. It's a style that I am pondering as I explore the use of stacking … The problem for me with this style for now is that the flower is still beautiful in color, so is middle age and aging attractive (the old man is definitely old!)? …. so I look forward to more of these …

WhyNot …..

WhyNot
Re: Untitled

Interesting travels … where's Charlie? … maybe go a bit south to Steinbeck country … but I was interested mostly in the dahlia and the sparrow … I often try to move my pictures away from reality by slightly playing with the colors or “simplifying” the sharpness by reducing the number of pixels (I think) but here I believe that you are moving into a hyper reality or maybe a bit of the surreal … I look forward to your future pictures ….

WhyNot

WhyNot
Re: Northlakes again.

Great walk .. never see such variety on my walks! … and I think that rover has possibilities …

WhyNot

WhyNot

Nice walk .. I always enjoy these walks down tot he water .. and it was a calm day so I enjoyed just sitting here watching that yacht just sitting there ,,,, maybe we could walk back toward town now and quench our thirst …

WhyNot

WhyNot
Re: Stack or not

Nice picture .. both … I've come to the conclusion that for most floral photography stacking adds more work and little benefit .. there are places for it but in general I suspect it provides little for on line presentations .. with prints you'll have to decide ,,, maybe …

WhyNot

WhyNot

I find the best way to get rid of pigeons is to invite Walmart to build a store close by ..  We have one one a mile away with hundreds of happy pigeons in their parking lot leaving us with our morning doves  that the hawk keeps in line  ...

WhyNot

WhyNot
Thak you .....

... for the kind comments ....  still playing with stacking looking for a reason to use it as Affinity is the first software I've used that provides for stacking .. manually aligning these files has never been a consideration although I was aware of the process .....   Waiting for a lull in the wind is a bit of a sport  ...   still haven't found my bug guide but I'm sure I've ID these earlier .... Actually finding bugs of any kind in the yard has become a bit more challenging as neighbors continue to add mosquito services to their list of chemicals to make the yard more attractive .... but OTOH I notice fewer mosquitoes in my yard .. and practically no dragonflies to catch them .. benefits and drawbacks ...

WhyNot  .....

WhyNot
Re: Three More Stacked

Rich Z wrote:

The passion flower is a great subject for stacking, WhyNot. I like the result. Rich

Thanks for stopping by Rich  .. I think I've found two places where I would like to use stacking .. A three dimensional flower such as this passion flower and keeping a group of flowers such as the last, in focus ... the downside is carrying a support .. the backyard is one thing but away from the house ... One of the great benefits on digital was to reduce the need for that tripod with higher ASA ... ISO that is .. and stabilization  .... Finding a need to carry that tripod again is a negative ..  I think a 3 to 4 file stacks requires a mono pod,  more a tripod  ... however I like doing this manually better than relying on the Olympus App   ...

WhyNot

WhyNot
Thank you again ....

The passion flower was one of the motivators to try this stacking so I'm glad that you like the effort ....

Thank you for stopping and the comments ... maybe you could stay for a cup of virtual coffee this morning ....

WhyNot

19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 41,117

They did before but unfortunately I forgot to do that this time!  The first image in this set is a single image.  The rest were all stacks of 9 with a differential of 3.  I will have to try to remember to do the name thing in the future.  It makes it easier for me as well.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads