Anyone Recommend a 3rd party remote release for Olympus EM5 Mark iii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
grcolts Veteran Member • Posts: 3,635
Anyone Recommend a 3rd party remote release for Olympus EM5 Mark iii?

Looking to pick-up a remote release for an Olympus OM-d-e m5 iii camera. Anyone know of a good 3rd party one that works with the LCD screen open on the camera?

eawortman Regular Member • Posts: 122
Re: Anyone Recommend a 3rd party remote release for Olympus EM5 Mark iii?

grcolts wrote:

Looking to pick-up a remote release for an Olympus OM-d-e m5 iii camera. Anyone know of a good 3rd party one that works with the LCD screen open on the camera?

Don’t have the EM5, but it looks like it has a remote port like the EM1. I actually use my old Canon wired remote on it. I have the Canon RS-60E3, but similar should work. Many used ones on eBay or other 3rd party options.

eawortman's gear list:eawortman's gear list
Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 III Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +9 more
cc99 Regular Member • Posts: 280

grcolts wrote:

The E-M5.3 takes the same shutter release cable as the E-M1.2/1.3/1X.

Any Canon remote shutter cable with a 2.5mm jack should work.

cc99's gear list:cc99's gear list
Olympus E-PL7 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +26 more
Gintaras B. Senior Member • Posts: 1,204
Maybe iPhone with Ol.Share app?

grcolts wrote:

OP grcolts Veteran Member • Posts: 3,635

eawortman wrote:

grcolts wrote:

Don’t have the EM5, but it looks like it has a remote port like the EM1. I actually use my old Canon wired remote on it. I have the Canon RS-60E3, but similar should work. Many used ones on eBay or other 3rd party options.

Thank you.

cc99 wrote:

grcolts wrote:

The E-M5.3 takes the same shutter release cable as the E-M1.2/1.3/1X.

Any Canon remote shutter cable with a 2.5mm jack should work.

Much appreciated.

Re: Maybe iPhone with Ol.Share app?

Gintaras B. wrote:

grcolts wrote:

That is good to know. I think I still want a physical remote though. Thanks for pointing that out as it could be useful for other times.

Gintaras B. Senior Member • Posts: 1,204

grcolts wrote:

Gintaras B. wrote:

grcolts wrote:

That is good to know. I think I still want a physical remote though. Thanks for pointing that out as it could be useful for other times.

Selfie taken with E-M10 (on my car roof) and using iPhone as a remote:

Firmware Regular Member • Posts: 396

grcolts wrote:

This one works fine and won't break the bank (used on an OMD EM1ii but has the same connector)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Shutter-Release-Olympus-Mirrorless/dp/B0756BD6ZL

Firmware wrote:

grcolts wrote:

This one works fine and won't break the bank (used on an OMD EM1ii but has the same connector)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Shutter-Release-Olympus-Mirrorless/dp/B0756BD6ZL

Thanks for the link...looks perfect.

Gintaras B. wrote:

grcolts wrote:

Gintaras B. wrote:

grcolts wrote:

Selfie taken with E-M10 (on my car roof) and using iPhone as a remote:

I just downloaded the app to my phone. Will try it out for sure. Looks like it works pretty good from seeing your image. Thanks.

Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 27,192

grcolts wrote:

I just downloaded the app to my phone. Will try it out for sure. Looks like it works pretty good from seeing your image. Thanks.

I find for things like fireworks, I much prefer the wired shutter release to using the phone app.  I don't have to switch to view another screen (and lose my night vision), and I can press the button without actually looking at either screen.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads