:-)) Sunday Cat! #716 July 4, 2021 ((-:

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
rodriguezPhoto
rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
:-)) Sunday Cat! #716 July 4, 2021 ((-:

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat! thread, brought to you every week, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK first started the thread on 23rd September, 2007. Management of the thread over the years has been turned over successively to John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and since September 2016, long time lurker, me.

Oblivious Kitty of the Week!

Amos, resting contentedly on his favorite chair while Mokey plots how to take the prize for himself!

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us. Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera." Or any era, digital, film, even phones or tablets!

Posting time for the thread is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, I may sometimes start the thread earlier, later, or very late (again) to accommodate my schedule. If I am late, feel free to grab the reins and start the next thread. A PM letting me know that you have would be appreciated.

Last week's purrs, #715

Oh my! It's the Fourth of July!! And kitty terror time in the US. Palmer and Mini-Me are hanging close together, which they never do, as they seek a quiet place to ride out the fireworks storm. They hope that other kitties are having a quieter Fourth than they are!

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

rodriguezPhoto's gear list:rodriguezPhoto's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +49 more
rodriguezPhoto
OP rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Sheltering in place

The cancellation of all fireworks shows in the area seems to have inspired some folks to put on their own...

Mr. Me to the rear and Mr. P up front.  Both looking rather miffed about the noise as they settle down in the hallway, as far from any window or outside door as possible.

Should I tell them that last night was only the beginning?  

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto
Fireworks

must have scared all the kitties away this week.

But not this one. 

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,160
Re: Here's looking at you!

Well I wasn't planning to post a Nadie Pic but decided to fill the void.

This was a test shot, I should have made some better adjustments.

BTW, She enjoyed the Fireworks.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Veteran Member • Posts: 3,485
negelected cats

sorry i have been a little busy and it's been very wet...hence no cat pics

tiger is relaxed about the whole thing though

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
rodriguezPhoto

photoholiko wrote:

Well I wasn't planning to post a Nadie Pic but decided to fill the void.

This was a test shot, I should have made some better adjustments.

BTW, She enjoyed the Fireworks.

Looks like it turned out quite well!  I have a Metabones EF to m43 adapter that I bought used a while ago, but haven't made much use of it.  It's mainly for using the primes like the 100mm f/2, the 300mm f/4 and now the 400 f/5.6 on my E-M1.2.

I'm glad Nadie is not disturbed by the fireworks.  The guys here are definitely ready for it to be over!  There are still a few bursts now and then but nothing like this past Saturday and Sunday night.

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto
Re: negelected cats

softmarmotte wrote:

sorry i have been a little busy and it's been very wet...hence no cat pics

tiger is relaxed about the whole thing though

I always try to keep a few photos in "reserve" for the slow times.  That's why the dates are from months ago!   Tell Tiger and Stripey that here in California we would be happy to take some of that excess rain off their paws.  

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

I'm using a Fotodiox AF adapter which works quite well on all my EF lenses except the 100mm Macro that doesn't stop hunting, I used MF for this and will with any other future shots with this lens.

Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
softmarmotte
The many faces of...

Patch

She sometimes feels neglected so i thought we'd do a studio set. patch ddin't really sign off on this though

pretty enough ?

how about reclined ?

moody ?

this is getting too much

enough now

just checking

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit

Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
SLOjoe
SLOjoe Regular Member • Posts: 403
Re: The many faces of...

Nice portraits of a great cat. But no model release?! Patch is gonna get a lawyer...

-- hide signature --

"Can you imagine 4,000 years passing, and you're not even a memory?
Think about it, friends. It's not just a possibility. It is a certainty." - Jean Shepherd - 1975

softmarmotte

SLOjoe wrote:

Nice portraits of a great cat. But no model release?! Patch is gonna get a lawyer...

yeah she's that sort of cat

-- hide signature --

rodriguezPhoto

Oh Patch!  You Oughta be in Pictures!

softmarmotte wrote:

Patch

She sometimes feels neglected so i thought we'd do a studio set. patch ddin't really sign off on this though

pretty enough ?

how about reclined ?

moody ?

this is getting too much

enough now

just checking

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

It's so nice to see all these beautiful cats. I can understand why some people have more than one. I have gas about getting a mate for Indie.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads