Took a few shots today with the 7D

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,915
Took a few shots today with the 7D

Mostly with Sony lenses (DT35/1.8 and DT18-250).

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +32 more
Joseph Balson
Joseph Balson Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: Took a few shots today with the 7D

I love seeing photos taken with the 7D

-- hide signature --

It's just some glass, some silicon and magnesium. It isn't a religion.

_Michel_ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,026

Interesting musical instrument in 1/  (Harmonium, organ or something else ?). It does not seem from the last decade, does it still works ?

Michel.

_Michel_'s gear list:_Michel_'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Nikon Coolpix P900 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A68
SQLGuy
OP SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,915

_Michel_ wrote:

Interesting musical instrument in 1/ (Harmonium, organ or something else ?). It does not seem from the last decade, does it still works ?

Michel.

It was in an antique mall. Pretty common type of organ from the late 1800s. The sign on it says that it needs new bellows. It has pedals to pump the organ while playing it. My aunt used to have one very similar to it.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +32 more
Renato1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,379

The bird shot tickles my fancy,
The colourful flower shots remind me that you are somewhere with really nice weather, and I am not.
Cheers,
Renato

SQLGuy

Renato1 wrote:

The colourful flower shots remind me that you are somewhere with really nice weather, and I am not.
Cheers,
Renato

Colorado Springs. Weather here is currently a bit cool and with a lot of rain, but we still get a decent amount of sunshine. In general, Colorado Springs has very nice weather.

-- hide signature --

SQLGuy wrote:

Renato1 wrote:

Cheers,
Renato

Colorado Springs. Weather here is currently a bit cool and with a lot of rain, but we still get a decent amount of sunshine. In general, Colorado Springs has very nice weather.

Just looking at your ten day forecast, lots of nice warm weather coming up. Here in Melbourne, we're about to enter what is usually the most miserable month of the year.
What most people don't realise is that the southern hemisphere has eight more days of winter and fall, whereas the northern hemisphere has eight more days of nice spring and summer. I think that's why  we down here - who's ancestors came from the northern hemisphere - find winter more of a grind. And we have eight less days of taking nice pictures of flowers.
Cheers,
Renato

SQLGuy

Renato1 wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

Renato1 wrote:

Cheers,
Renato

Just looking at your ten day forecast, lots of nice warm weather coming up. Here in Melbourne, we're about to enter what is usually the most miserable month of the year.
What most people don't realise is that the southern hemisphere has eight more days of winter and fall, whereas the northern hemisphere has eight more days of nice spring and summer. I think that's why we down here - who's ancestors came from the northern hemisphere - find winter more of a grind. And we have eight less days of taking nice pictures of flowers.

OK. But you have koalas, puffins, and the Great Barrier Reef. Those are worth quite a bit.

Cheers,
Renato

-- hide signature --

_Michel_ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,026

It was in an antique mall. Pretty common type of organ from the late 1800s. The sign on it says that it needs new bellows. It has pedals to pump the organ while playing it. My aunt used to have one very similar to it.

So no much chance to hear one

Thanks you for the answer, Michel.

_Michel_'s gear list:_Michel_'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Nikon Coolpix P900 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A68

SQLGuy wrote:

Renato1 wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

Renato1 wrote:

Cheers,
Renato

What most people don't realise is that the southern hemisphere has eight more days of winter and fall, whereas the northern hemisphere has eight more days of nice spring and summer. I think that's why we down here - who's ancestors came from the northern hemisphere - find winter more of a grind. And we have eight less days of taking nice pictures of flowers.

OK. But you have koalas, puffins, and the Great Barrier Reef. Those are worth quite a bit.

Cheers,
Renato

True......if I lived near the Great Barrier Reef. It's about 1450 miles away from where I live in Melbourne. I've never seen it, though we are booked to go there in December. 
I've never seem a Koala in the wild, but we do have plenty of cute Australian Brush Tail and Ring Tail possums around the house, and four types of parrots hanging around too.
Cheers,
Renato

Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,388

Wonderful shots. Love the color and details. I really like the yellow flowers. There are some of these at the local lake. First time I have seen them. I need to find out what they are. The birds are cool as well.

EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,627

great shots , thanks for sharing

Bill

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads