My favorite model...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
DocetLector Contributing Member • Posts: 801
My favorite model...

Fuji X-T1 + 60mm + Broncolor

DocetLector's gear list:DocetLector's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Vidau
Vidau Forum Pro • Posts: 23,501
Re: My favorite model...

DocetLector wrote:

Fuji X-T1 + 60mm + Broncolor

very good headshot

Vidau's gear list:Vidau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +14 more
itsDing
itsDing Senior Member • Posts: 2,516

Very nice. I am wondering why  15th of a second?

OP DocetLector Contributing Member • Posts: 801

...because this portrait was originally taken with my Hasselblad 553 EL and 120mm f4

Macro Planar on Ilford FP4 and I photographed the negative with the Fuji.

Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Plakanina
Plakanina Senior Member • Posts: 1,388

OK common problem, cat's eyes ! This happens when there is not enough ambient light to close the iris somewhat and using strobes as the main light source. A strong modeling light at the main source is needed and this won't happen again. Try it sometime.

Nice B&W tones

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR

The term cat`s eye I know only combined with bokeh - precisely when oof round lights

have cat`s eye shape especially at the edges of a photo.  This is a lens weakness and has

nothing to do with flash and ambient light.

BTW I like quite wide open pupils but of course it`s a matter of taste.

VIDAU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Plakanina
Plakanina Senior Member • Posts: 1,388

DocetLector wrote:

The term cat`s eye I know only combined with bokeh - precisely when oof round lights

have cat`s eye shape especially at the edges of a photo. This is a lens weakness and has

nothing to do with flash and ambient light.

BTW I like quite wide open pupils but of course it`s a matter of taste.

I'm not familiar with your reference as regards cat's eye. In the professional photographic trade cat's eyes refer to the large iris opening in the eyes of the model and to avoid it the available ambient light say in a studio or location interior has to be strong enough to make the iris smaller but in your case you prefer the iris large so my tip therefore has no use to your style.

I shall restrain myself best I can from sharing my knowledge as a forty plus years professional photographer after all you did not request a critique.

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads