Any in camera hdr for showing? please

Started 4 months ago | Questions
worldcup1982 Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
Any in camera hdr for showing? please

I’m looking for some in camera hdr samples from the 1 series

The  reason for this is that i need to shoot real state but i will not have the time for bracketing and all. There will be lots of homes to shoot in little time available, specially for editing after 
And i have the chance to buy a V2 with a 6-13mm, for a good price

thank you

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 977
Re: Any in camera hdr for showing? please

worldcup1982 wrote:

I’m looking for some in camera hdr samples from the 1 series

The reason for this is that i need to shoot real state but i will not have the time for bracketing and all. There will be lots of homes to shoot in little time available, specially for editing after

thank you

Although I've never used this feature, what it seems you are looking for is what Nikon calls "D-lighting." From the V2 manual

I deal with this by shooting raw and post processing in photoshop.

In any case I wouldn't pass up a V2 with 6.7-13 at a good price - that's a nice combo and quite desirable.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

OP worldcup1982 Senior Member • Posts: 1,108

RichDitch wrote:

In any case I wouldn't pass up a V2 with 6.7-13 at a good price - that's a nice combo and quite desirable.

Indeed it seems a great combo…

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,729

worldcup1982 wrote:

RichDitch wrote:

Indeed it seems a great combo…

I agree with Rich. A V2 + 6.7-13 is a fantastic combo. I wouldn't pass up either.

You can use the picture controls to adjust the rendering to your taste: either a predefined one, or one you have fine tuned to your liking.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 21,051

worldcup1982 wrote:

I’m looking for some in camera hdr samples from the 1 series ...

I can tell you that the HDR feature of the V3 is very limited. First, it's only available as a fully automatic Creative Mode, which disables lots of other options and chooses ridiculous settings in low light situations, like 1/500s at ISO 5600. And that's with the 6.7-13mm lens at 6.7mm and f/3.5. The mind boggles.

Also, the alignment between images seems substandard because results are often unsharp compared to single exposure shots. Finally, only two shots are taken, which can hardly be considered optimal for blending.

The HDR situation appears much the same with that model, so caveat emptor.

This is a very disappointing feature in some otherwise impressive cameras. None of my Sonys from the same era have those limitations and issues with HDR.

sybersitizen wrote:

worldcup1982 wrote:

I can tell you that the HDR feature of the V3 is very limited. First, it's only available as a fully automatic Creative Mode, which disables lots of other options and chooses ridiculous settings in low light situations, like 1/500s at ISO 5600. And that's with the 6.7-13mm lens at 6.7mm and f/3.5. The mind boggles.

Also, the alignment between images seems substandard because results are often unsharp compared to single exposure shots. Finally, only two shots are taken, which can hardly be considered optimal for blending.

The HDR situation appears much the same with that model, so caveat emptor.

This is a very disappointing feature in some otherwise impressive cameras. None of my Sonys from the same era have those limitations and issues with HDR.

Yep, i was wondering about that. My Samsung behaves the same. That’s awful. Does any lower cost, previous Sony model that you know of, have the hdr capability that your models do?

thanks

sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 21,051

worldcup1982 wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

worldcup1982 wrote:

... This is a very disappointing feature in some otherwise impressive cameras. None of my Sonys from the same era have those limitations and issues with HDR.

Yep, i was wondering about that. My Samsung behaves the same. That’s awful. Does any lower cost, previous Sony model that you know of, have the hdr capability that your models do?

If you're talking about interchangeable lens cameras, yes, there are dozens with decent HDR implementation going back to 2010, both APS-C and FF, in both A-mount and E-mount. Several of them can be had any day on eBay for $200-$300, often with a kit lens included. Describe your requirements and preferences and I'll list some specific models.

Lenses roughly equivalent to the 6.7-13mm are available for under $200.

cyuill2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,168

I was a bit surprised to see that the V2 has a built-in HDR feature. The V2 has an Aptina sensor, which is not the best for HDR. The regular DR is quite narrow.

For the built-in HDR feature you would probably be better off with a Nikon 5600 with 10-20mm AF-P lens. Some of the Sony a6x00 cameras support this feature, but I don’t know much about the Sony lens line up to know if there is a good, affordable super-wide lens.

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more

sybersitizen wrote:

worldcup1982 wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

worldcup1982 wrote:

... This is a very disappointing feature in some otherwise impressive cameras. None of my Sonys from the same era have those limitations and issues with HDR.

If you're talking about interchangeable lens cameras, yes, there are dozens with decent HDR implementation going back to 2010, both APS-C and FF, in both A-mount and E-mount. Several of them can be had any day on eBay for $200-$300, often with a kit lens included. Describe your requirements and preferences and I'll list some specific models.

Lenses roughly equivalent to the 6.7-13mm are available for under $200.

Thank you 🙏🏻

cyuill2007 wrote:

I was a bit surprised to see that the V2 has a built-in HDR feature. The V2 has an Aptina sensor, which is not the best for HDR. The regular DR is quite narrow.

For the built-in HDR feature you would probably be better off with a Nikon 5600 with 10-20mm AF-P lens. Some of the Sony a6x00 cameras support this feature, but I don’t know much about the Sony lens line up to know if there is a good, affordable super-wide lens.

Thanks! that would be a choice too…

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads