Godox flash bracket

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
itsDing
itsDing Senior Member • Posts: 2,517
Godox flash bracket

Does anyone know if two TT600c  speedlihgts will in the S2 bracket?

Nikon 1 S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
tugwilson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,452
Re: Godox flash bracket

itsDing wrote:

Does anyone know if two TT600c speedlihgts will in the S2 bracket?

No (just tried it)

itsDing
OP itsDing Senior Member • Posts: 2,517

Thats a shame. I know the bracket will take two AD200's

Don89 Senior Member • Posts: 2,025

itsDing wrote:

The bracket racket

-- hide signature --

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms, Broncolor Paras

Don89's gear list:Don89's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +1 more

itsDing wrote:

I've just tried fitting two AD200s in it and I can't do it by a large margin. Do you have a picture of somebody doing that?

You can fit two TT350s in one.

itsDing

Video youtube tutorialby sean tucker outside and in. shows two AD200' in a Godx  bracket. I think its the s2 bracket not the basic one.

itsDing wrote:

Video youtube tutorialby sean tucker outside and in. shows two AD200' in a Godx bracket. I think its the s2 bracket not the basic one.

A link to the video would have been helpful.

The only video of his I can find that used two AD200s together is this where he's using an AD-B2.

itsDing

Tug its on Amazon. Google for Godox bowens mount  S2 flash bracket. One of the pictures show two flash guns in the bracket.

itsDing wrote:

Tug its on Amazon. Google for Godox bowens mount S2 flash bracket. One of the pictures show two flash guns in the bracket.

I imagine its this picture which shows two TT350 s in an S2 bracket. TT3650s are lots smaller than TT600 or AD200s for that matter.

itsDing

Cant remember where but I have seen  a tutorial with two AD 200's in the bracket.

itsDing wrote:

Cant remember where but I have seen a tutorial with two AD 200's in the bracket.

Look. I own two AD200s and I own S-type and S2 brackets. Without chopping chunks out of the bracket you can't fit two AD200 in either. I'm pretty sure that even major surgery on the brackets you wouldn't be able to do it. You can mount two AD200s behind an AD-B2 (which I also own) and get two bare bulbs in a Bowens modifier but that's the only way of doing it.

itsDing

I can see how the B2 works with the AD200's, very neat. I must have seen it on a video with two AD200's and not realised the B2 was being used in the S2 bracket. At least my question has been answered. I will get a 3 light bracket and use a shoot thru or brolly box with two or three TT600's. I can use one light indoors with my soft box and hopefully I can do HSS outside with 2/3 TT600's.

itsDing wrote:

I can see how the B2 works with the AD200's, very neat. I must have seen it on a video with two AD200's and not realised the B2 was being used in the S2 bracket. At least my question has been answered. I will get a 3 light bracket and use a shoot thru or brolly box with two or three TT600's. I can use one light indoors with my soft box and hopefully I can do HSS outside with 2/3 TT600's.

The other thing you should be aware of the the S-Fa 4 light adapter. This only works with the original S-Type bracket not the S2 one.

As a bit of fun I used it to mount 4 AD200 heads using EC-200 Extension heads.

itsDing

More fun that works. Put bubble wrap over a flash lens to spread the light, you can then remove the inner diffuser in a softbox or bring a shoot thru/reflective brolly closer to the light.

Richard Hopkins
Richard Hopkins Regular Member • Posts: 477

tugwilson wrote:

itsDing wrote:

The other thing you should be aware of the the S-Fa 4 light adapter. This only works with the original S-Type bracket not the S2 one.

As a bit of fun I used it to mount 4 AD200 heads using EC-200 Extension heads.

Looks like a great idea doesn't it? Well, it's not - it's a hateful thing that put the final nail in the coffin of ganged speedlights for me. It's a right faff to put together and very easy to drop things along the way, it weighs a ton with four speedlights, hard to handle and fragile, and very limited in terms of modifiers.

Then I got a couple of AD400Pros - dreams do come true

itsDing

Looks old. I have seen more modern designs on ebay.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads