Help with strap adaptation for canon g1x mark iii

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Josemi Forum Member • Posts: 60
Help with strap adaptation for canon g1x mark iii

Buenos días compañeros, como mencioné en otro hilo compré un canon g1x mark iii, y siendo pequeño quería una correa de mano. Siempre he tenido nikon y olympus y nunca he tenido un canon .. ahora cuando lo tengo miro las empuñaduras de correa que son súper delgadas y con un adaptador, no son las típicas correas más gruesas o anchas que dan confianza para llevarla, es más con el peso de 400g que me asusta ya que es relativamente compacta pero pesa casi el doble que una compacta... He visto gente que ha puesto llaveros en el lugar del adaptador, pero es muy extraño, incómodo y no tiene total libertad ya que no gira en absoluto o se engancha... otra opción que estoy evaluando es una correa en el hilo del trípode y una pequeña cuerda desde donde está el colgante de la correa hasta el hilo ... pero estoy muy perdido y preocupado por esto ya que no entiendo cómo hacen algo y no ponen cómo tocan los soportes para que el usuario se sienta seguro... es que llevo unos días con ella y parece que sé que se ha pelado un poco y estar tan bien da pánico que se rompe y se despide de la cámara.. cómo lo conseguiste ? gracias.

Josemi's gear list:Josemi's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic ZS200 Samsung NX500 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
IWBF
IWBF Regular Member • Posts: 356
Re: Help with strap adaptation for canon g1x mark iii

Josemi wrote:

Buenos días compañeros, como mencioné en otro hilo compré un canon g1x mark iii, y siendo pequeño quería una correa de mano. Siempre he tenido nikon y olympus y nunca he tenido un canon .. ahora cuando lo tengo miro las empuñaduras de correa que son súper delgadas y con un adaptador, no son las típicas correas más gruesas o anchas que dan confianza para llevarla, es más con el peso de 400g que me asusta ya que es relativamente compacta pero pesa casi el doble que una compacta... He visto gente que ha puesto llaveros en el lugar del adaptador, pero es muy extraño, incómodo y no tiene total libertad ya que no gira en absoluto o se engancha... otra opción que estoy evaluando es una correa en el hilo del trípode y una pequeña cuerda desde donde está el colgante de la correa hasta el hilo ... pero estoy muy perdido y preocupado por esto ya que no entiendo cómo hacen algo y no ponen cómo tocan los soportes para que el usuario se sienta seguro... es que llevo unos días con ella y parece que sé que se ha pelado un poco y estar tan bien da pánico que se rompe y se despide de la cámara.. cómo lo conseguiste ? gracias.

Hola! Noy soy seguro si hay mucha gente aqui que te responde si preguntas en espanol y ademas olvidaste las companeras🤔

Anyway: Not sure if I understood everything (do you need a handstrap or a neckstrap?) but I guess the peak design system would give you peace of mind. You can google "Peak Design Leash" and explore further from there.

OP Josemi Forum Member • Posts: 60

Hola! Noy soy seguro si hay mucha gente aqui que te responde si preguntas en espanol y ademas olvidaste las companeras🤔

Anyway: Not sure if I understood everything (do you need a handstrap or a neckstrap?) but I guess the peak design system would give you peace of mind. You can google "Peak Design Leash" and explore further from there.

Sorry it was the translator, I had it in English and he has put it in Spanish, hence I have also put companions alone, in English the feminine and masculine are not usually differentiated, i think it is the same .. in Spanish I would put compañer@s and is all genere ..
Thanks for the advice, I just see those straps too thin. I feel more weight for this threads..

Good morning, as I mentioned in another thread I bought a canon g1x mark iii, and being small I wanted a hand strap. I have always had nikon and olympus and have never had a canon .. now when I have it I look at the strap grips that are super thin and with an adapter, they are not the typical thicker or wider straps that give confidence to carry it, it is more with the weight of 400g that scares me since it is relatively compact but weighs almost twice as much as a compact one ... I have seen people who have put key rings in the place of the adapter, but it is very strange, uncomfortable and they do not have total freedom since they do not it rotates at all or snags ... another option I am evaluating is a strap on the tripod thread and a small rope from where the strap pendant is to the thread ... but I am very lost and worried about this as I do not understand how they do something and they do not put how they touch the supports so that the user feels safe ... it is that I have been with it for a few days and it seems that I know that it has peeled a bit and being so well gives a panic that it breaks and breaks goodbye to the camera .. how did you get it? Thank you.

IWBF

Josemi wrote:

Sorry it was the translator, I had it in English and he has put it in Spanish, hence I have also put companions alone, in English the feminine and masculine are not usually differentiated, i think it is the same .. in Spanish I would put compañer@s and is all genere ..
Thanks for the advice, I just see those straps too thin. I feel more weight for this threads..

Ha, computers😂

The PD straps - or anchors as they call them - are very restistant. They are made for heavy DSLR and should not fail.

However, now that I understand that you want a handstrap, it is probably not the best solution. I use an old handstrap from a Powershot S90 on a M200 and do not worry that it breaks. I check from time to time about wear, thats all. And the adaptors that came with you camera will certainly hold as well. If not it is a defect that would be covered under garanty.

Jajaja:-) yes the computers sometimes are traitors.. Thank you very much, yes, I understand about the guarantee and that but there is a saying here that says "prevention is better than cure or regret". And apart from that, maybe it limits you more when looking for straps. I just made a fix that I saw and it seemed strange to me but in the end it will be the most practical thing ... two keychains..:-)

IWBF

Josemi wrote:

Jajaja:-) yes the computers sometimes are traitors.. Thank you very much, yes, I understand about the guarantee and that but there is a saying here that says "prevention is better than cure or regret". And apart from that, maybe it limits you more when looking for straps. I just made a fix that I saw and it seemed strange to me but in the end it will be the most practical thing ... two keychains..:-)

Nice and unique👍

Thanks,If they try to steal it, I think they will drag me away because of how strong it is ...at least it gives me more security than the adapter with the fine threads that it brings.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads