Case for Sony 200-600

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
peter826 Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Case for Sony 200-600

Can anyone suggest a case for the Sony 200-600 that's a little more padded than the bag that comes with it when purchased? I'll be carrying the lens on flights as a personal item. I considered just wrapping it in some bubble wrap and using the bag that comes with, but the bag lacks a strap, ideally I'd carry it over my shoulder. The lens won't fit in my normal carryon with all my other camera stuff.

 peter826's gear list:peter826's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a6000 +8 more
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 3,407
Re: Case for Sony 200-600
2

The think tank holster 150 I think will work. I personally use the think Tank glass limo backpack to Carry a bit more to make it a functional bag  I can also carry a Monopod!

You could also look at pelican hard cases

personally for travel getting to and from I like either a backpack or a bag with wheels

regardless of what you decide and even if you buy 2-3 options best is to put your gear in and carry it around for a bit. What you see on paper and others opinions may or may not work for you

dfrat
dfrat Regular Member • Posts: 371
Re: Case for Sony 200-600
2
Ltgk20 Regular Member • Posts: 264
Re: Case for Sony 200-600
2

dfrat wrote:

This is the case I've been using. It's a decent bag for the money. The 200-600 fits very well in. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/903044-REG/Ape_Case_ACPROLC18_Professional_Large_Lens.html

I'm also using this case and it works well enough.

 Ltgk20's gear list:Ltgk20's gear list
Sony a1 Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 +4 more
OP peter826 Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

dfrat wrote:

This is the case I've been using. It's a decent bag for the money. The 200-600 fits very well in. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/903044-REG/Ape_Case_ACPROLC18_Professional_Large_Lens.html

This looks great, thanks!  Unfortunately it appears to be sold out most everywhere I've checked.

 peter826's gear list:peter826's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a6000 +8 more
Old Pirate Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

I too have the Think Tank 150 and I like it because you can carry the lens hooked to your camera even if you have a teleconverter on it.  You simply reach in, pull it out, and start shooting.

 Old Pirate's gear list:Old Pirate's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +7 more
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Senior Member • Posts: 2,983
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

peter826 wrote:

Can anyone suggest a case for the Sony 200-600 that's a little more padded than the bag that comes with it when purchased? I'll be carrying the lens on flights as a personal item. I considered just wrapping it in some bubble wrap and using the bag that comes with, but the bag lacks a strap, ideally I'd carry it over my shoulder. The lens won't fit in my normal carryon with all my other camera stuff.

I'd simply bubble wrap it and put it in my carry-on personally. The 100-400 GM fits inside my padded insert (with a couple of other lenses) but that 200-600 is far longer.

I do think the 100-400 is far more versatile a lens and has the nicer bokeh.

 aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +13 more
OP peter826 Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

aSevenArr wrote:

peter826 wrote:

Can anyone suggest a case for the Sony 200-600 that's a little more padded than the bag that comes with it when purchased? I'll be carrying the lens on flights as a personal item. I considered just wrapping it in some bubble wrap and using the bag that comes with, but the bag lacks a strap, ideally I'd carry it over my shoulder. The lens won't fit in my normal carryon with all my other camera stuff.

I'd simply bubble wrap it and put it in my carry-on personally. The 100-400 GM fits inside my padded insert (with a couple of other lenses) but that 200-600 is far longer.

I do think the 100-400 is far more versatile a lens and has the nicer bokeh.

I had been using a Sigma 150-600 with an MC-11 as my long telephoto.  I also carry the Sony 70-300.  My use case for the 200-600 is pretty small, I like shooting rising/setting moon photos.

 peter826's gear list:peter826's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a6000 +8 more
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,115
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

peter826 wrote:

dfrat wrote:

This is the case I've been using. It's a decent bag for the money. The 200-600 fits very well in. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/903044-REG/Ape_Case_ACPROLC18_Professional_Large_Lens.html

This looks great, thanks! Unfortunately it appears to be sold out most everywhere I've checked.

Try the LowePro LP36307 - works fine for me.

A bit tight but fits including tripod foot and lens hood .

-- hide signature --

_____________________________________
A7R IV - one camera to rule them all
ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'
“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

 joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM +13 more
OP peter826 Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: Case for Sony 200-600

joger wrote:

peter826 wrote:

dfrat wrote:

This is the case I've been using. It's a decent bag for the money. The 200-600 fits very well in. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/903044-REG/Ape_Case_ACPROLC18_Professional_Large_Lens.html

This looks great, thanks! Unfortunately it appears to be sold out most everywhere I've checked.

Try the LowePro LP36307 - works fine for me.

A bit tight but fits including tripod foot and lens hood .

Thank you.  That one was in stock, so I ordered it.  I'm traveling with it next week, I'm sure it will be fine.

 peter826's gear list:peter826's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a6000 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads