GoPro Waterproof case that allows charging?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens Contributing Member • Posts: 509
GoPro Waterproof case that allows charging?

The company I work for photographs Ironman and endurance events globally. Part of our offerings is a short video clip of the athletes are various points on the course. This video is captured by one of 6 to 10 stationary GoPros that need to be capturing video from 3 to 10 hours. Quite often we are working in inclement weather and we've occasionally lost a camera.

We have several video kits that roam. We have Hero Sessions, Hero5 Sessions, Hero7 White cameras.

I've seen a couple here and there that are OK...

https://www.3brpowersports.com/xpwr.php

I've got a couple of their GoPro 8 models and they are really nice. I'm not positive the power connection is truly waterproof (submersion) but I think it's definitely rain proof which is all I need.

I also have a couple for the 3BR Hero 3, 3+, 4 and it's really close to ideal.

The 3BR model for the Hero7 doesn't work with the White and Session is only for the 5 Session, not the older one.

A store-bought solution would be ideal.

A simple jury-rigged solution would be acceptable. Simple meaning easy to do with little to no tools and even less time.

What have you seen?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Mike
WideOpen.media

Michael Stevens's gear list:Michael Stevens's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony a7S III Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +4 more
Jon Stern Contributing Member • Posts: 970
Re: GoPro Waterproof case that allows charging?

The new GoPro Pass Through Door for the HERO9 Black is weather resistant.

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/usb-pass-through-door/ADCOD-001.html

Michael Stevens
OP Michael Stevens Contributing Member • Posts: 509

That's a good option if we want to buy new GoPros.

And that's assuming the Hero9s don't shut off in the heat. Our Hero7 White cameras shut off constantly when it's hot and they are sitting in the sun for hours. I've got 6 Hero4 Silver cameras myself and they are much better but have still shut off in the heat in a side by side test in my back yard.

The Sessions do not exhibit this behavior but you can't get them any more.

-- hide signature --

Mike
WideOpen.media

Sony a6600 Sony a7S III Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +4 more
sludge21017
sludge21017 Senior Member • Posts: 2,970

Having the non removeable battery is brutal.

Surely you've seen digipower and others all in one.

I remember Dakota Lithium batteries was show casing all day fishing recording with their battery and some slick GoPro case (7HB or 8HB at the time).  But I can't find that "ad" or reference to it. The case was not theirs, just the battery.

Michael Stevens
OP Michael Stevens Contributing Member • Posts: 509

I may have seen digipower but I can't recall what it was...

-- hide signature --

Mike
WideOpen.media

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads