malfunction

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Pareshk Regular Member • Posts: 189
malfunction

Hi - i've had the RX 100 m3 for about 5 years. Suddenly it's not responding. I plugged it in to recharge but no pilot light comes on. i can turn it on but just get a gray screen. Is the battery finished? Anything I can do? Thanks.

Pareshk's gear list:Pareshk's gear list
Sony RX100 III Phase One Capture One Pro
Canon EOS M3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Pareshk Regular Member • Posts: 189
Re: malfunction

Sorry, my mistake, i got it fixed but was unable to withdraw the post. Please disregard.

Gary Coombs
Gary Coombs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,446
How did you fix it?

Pareshk wrote:

Sorry, my mistake, i got it fixed but was unable to withdraw the post. Please disregard.

My first guess would have been a new battery. Was that it? What did you do?

-- hide signature --

Gary in Atlanta

Gary Coombs's gear list:Gary Coombs's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 50,097
Don't leave us hanging

Pareshk wrote:

What was the problem?

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Re: How did you fix it?

Yes it was just the battery but I was thinking it had a built-in lithium battery like a lot of musical electronics that i couldn't replace.

sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 20,288

Pareshk wrote:

Yes it was just the battery but I was thinking it had a built-in lithium battery like a lot of musical electronics that i couldn't replace.

It does have one of those, which supplies power for things like the internal clock when the main battery is removed. If the internal battery runs low, the most obvious symptom is that the time and date are forgotten, but it can usually be recharged by the main battery.

Re: Don't leave us hanging

just the battery

Gary Coombs
Gary Coombs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,446
Re: malfunction

Pareshk wrote:

Hi - i've had the RX 100 m3 for about 5 years. Suddenly it's not responding. I plugged it in to recharge but no pilot light comes on. i can turn it on but just get a gray screen. Is the battery finished? Anything I can do? Thanks.

I've also had my RX100M3 for about 5 years. I carry a couple of spare batteries in my LowePro belt loop case for when I'm out and about for a whole day. I never want to run out of battery while there are more images to be made!

-- hide signature --

Gary in Atlanta

Gary Coombs's gear list:Gary Coombs's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV

I thought it had an internal battery. So if that battery dies, i can still use the camera, just no time & date?

tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 50,097

Pareshk wrote:

I thought it had an internal battery. So if that battery dies, i can still use the camera, just no time & date?

That is correct but it will give the correct time an date if you program it in every time you insert a recharged main battery.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more

Thanks Tom!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads