Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Ed Agter Regular Member • Posts: 290
Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

My 750D shutter is broken. How many shutter movements can the Canon 750D make at least? My shutter broke after 105,000 shots. Isn't that too early?

I thought I could make at least 150,000 shots.

-- hide signature --

Ed Agter The Netherlands

 Ed Agter's gear list:Ed Agter's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
Canon EOS Rebel T6i (EOS 750D / Kiss X8i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,675
Re: Shutter broken after 105,000 shots, isn't that too early?

The shutter being broken after 105,000 shots, is within the range of expectation from what I read.  If you had time, you could try to change the shutter yourself, with some help from YouTube.  I only took a P&S camera apart once.  Taking apart a DSLR camera looks a lot more difficult.

Lepewhi Senior Member • Posts: 1,629
Re: Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

Well, having your camera repaired will probably be cheaper than a new camera.

-- hide signature --

Slippery when wet.

 Lepewhi's gear list:Lepewhi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
mdmarqphoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,155
Re: Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

Ed Agter wrote:

My 750D shutter is broken. How many shutter movements can the Canon 750D make at least? My shutter broke after 105,000 shots. Isn't that too early?

I thought I could make at least 150,000 shots.

A quick Google search says the shutter on the 750D is rated for 100,000 actuations.  Sounds like you did ok.

 mdmarqphoto's gear list:mdmarqphoto's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Canon EOS M Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,214
Re: Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

mdmarqphoto wrote:

Ed Agter wrote:

My 750D shutter is broken. How many shutter movements can the Canon 750D make at least? My shutter broke after 105,000 shots. Isn't that too early?

I thought I could make at least 150,000 shots.

A quick Google search says the shutter on the 750D is rated for 100,000 actuations. Sounds like you did ok.

It was about a $750 camera when new.  So that’s 133 pictures per dollar paid.  Pretty good value, I’d say.

OP Ed Agter Regular Member • Posts: 290
Re: Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

Thanks for the information. Replacing the shutter is about € 200.00 in our country.

-- hide signature --

Ed Agter The Netherlands

 Ed Agter's gear list:Ed Agter's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
Lepewhi Senior Member • Posts: 1,629
Re: Shutter broken after 105.00 shots, isn't that too early

YIKES!! A lot of money, but still cheaper than buying a new camera.  If you like it, repair it.

-- hide signature --

Slippery when wet.

 Lepewhi's gear list:Lepewhi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,214
€ 200 is cheap for a 750D

Ed Agter wrote:

Thanks for the information. Replacing the shutter is about € 200.00 in our country.

The decision making process right now just needs to be "do I want to buy a used 750D for € 200?".   Because you can get a working 750D for that price after repair.   The cheapest I see on Ebay are quite a bit more expensive than that.  So if you like the camera, that seems like a bargain.   If you do not repair it, any replacement camera is likely to cost a lot more as well.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads