Small Town Folks

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
NewGuy1776
NewGuy1776 Regular Member • Posts: 222
Small Town Folks

Greetings all,

I lived in a bigger city and the street photography process was much easier. I am no Joel Meyerowitz by any means but I enjoyed the practice. I find street photography the most interesting out of all the areas of photography. Now I live in a small city and its not the same. How do folks in smaller towns get inspired/motivated to go out in shoot? I think I need to change the way I see things maybe.

Any and all input welcome. Thanks!

NewGuy1776's gear list:NewGuy1776's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-A2 Fujifilm X-T20 Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +2 more
KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 19,722
Re: Small Town Folks

I wait for some sort of public festival to bring the people out.

Kelly

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85
Patrick T. Kelly Veteran Member • Posts: 4,485

I don't know where you are but one thing city folks have trouble getting used to is talking to people they don't know and having people they don't know talk to them. Nod, smile, say hello, and see how things go.

I live in a city but I live in a small part of the city. For me, it's like a small town.

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

Targus Regular Member • Posts: 150

KCook wrote:

Kelly

Exactly what i have to do.

-- hide signature --

Have a great day!

NewGuy1776
OP NewGuy1776 Regular Member • Posts: 222

Good feedback guys. Something to think about

NewGuy1776's gear list:NewGuy1776's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-A2 Fujifilm X-T20 Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +2 more
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Small Town Challenge

NewGuy1776 wrote:

Greetings all,

I lived in a bigger city and the street photography process was much easier. I am no Joel Meyerowitz by any means but I enjoyed the practice. I find street photography the most interesting out of all the areas of photography. Now I live in a small city and its not the same. How do folks in smaller towns get inspired/motivated to go out in shoot? I think I need to change the way I see things maybe.

Any and all input welcome. Thanks!

Maybe being challenged more is when the rewards are greater.

ant

bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,300

1)

KCook wrote:

2)

Patrick T. Kelly wrote:

Nod, smile, say hello, and see how things go.

I live in a small city. I'm far from an accomplished street photographer but these are two things that I've found help.

Public events usually provide a "target rich environment" of people who are present by choice, are predisposed to enjoy themselves, and are often not averse to being photographed.

When the subject is aware of the camera, the second applies whether it's a public event or not. Projecting a friendly (or at least neutral) attitude may somewhat negate a subject's reluctance to be photographed.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon D500 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads