Help with Capture One Pro 21 Filmstrip View

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jeff_nesh Forum Member • Posts: 59
Help with Capture One Pro 21 Filmstrip View

When I'm in Primary view, working on one photo, I have the browser set to 'place below.' I have filmstrip view selected. I like this.

When I hit 'G' to see a view of all photos, the viewer stays in 'filmstrip mode' instead of showing a grid of images. If I click the grid icon (wish I didn't have to do that step), I get a grid view. But when I double click on a photo to switch back to primary view, the browser placed at the bottom stays in grid view making most of my photos unviewable as thumbnails (too big and not continuous strip) instead of remembering my preference for filmstrip.

What am I missing? I'm using C1 Pro 21, build 14.1.0.220.

Thanks for any help!

-- hide signature --
 jeff_nesh's gear list:jeff_nesh's gear list
Leica M10 Canon EOS R5 Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM +2 more
Bbawt1 Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Help with Capture One Pro 21 Filmstrip View

I just tried on 14.1.1.24, Win10 but can't replicate it.  Try updating?

Just to confirm, I put Filmstrip mode on bottom, Primary view selected when Viewer is on.  Press "G" and viewer filmstrip disappear and images then shown in grid view.  Double-click image and Viewer returns and Browser is back in Filmstrip mode.

OP jeff_nesh Forum Member • Posts: 59
Re: Help with Capture One Pro 21 Filmstrip View

Thanks for checking it out. I'm on 14.1.1.63, MacOS 11.3 now.

1. Primary View mode (with big image on screen)
  2. Browser at bottom, film strip icon selected
  3. Hit 'G' and the browser window shows in film strip mode. If I change it to grid mode in that view, double clicking an image remembers grid mode for the browser at the bottom of the screen in Primary view.

It seems to always remember the state of the Browser (grid vs filmstrip), which makes sense, I'd rather have it contextualize: film strip in viewer, grid with no viewer.

-- hide signature --
 jeff_nesh's gear list:jeff_nesh's gear list
Leica M10 Canon EOS R5 Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads