RX100 appreciation ~ Ruby

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Gogogordy
Gogogordy Forum Member • Posts: 56
RX100 appreciation ~ Ruby

My first digital camera, dating back to 1997 or ‘98 was a Panasonic (pre Lumix). It produced images below 1mp in resolution.  Followed by a long series of Sony Cybershots I gravitated away from the brand over issues with a Sony Grand Wega television. I eventually went BACK to Sony cameras with the venerable RX100VA.  Looking back, and including my 2 current Sonys I’ve owned more Sony cameras than any other brand throughout my photographic journey.

Ironically, while not cameras, I make my living selling Canon products.  Shhhhh...don’t say anything about that!

Ruby...our hi energy, Dachshund through the lens of my RX100VA

Gogogordy's gear list:Gogogordy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Sony RX100 VA Olympus E-PL8 Sony a6400 GoPro Hero7 Black +6 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rambow Senior Member • Posts: 1,212
Re: RX100 appreciation ~ Ruby

Everybody who is not a snob can appreciate the rx100 line-up.

I love my M1 and M7, planning to get another M1 and an M4 just to be stocked and ready to go for years to come.

The IQ is always good, a nice picture taken with the rx100 today will still be a nice picture 20 years from now.

You can get better cameras for the money, but none this small. That makes it worth it for me.

Rambow's gear list:Rambow's gear list
Sony Mavica FD-71
Gogogordy
OP Gogogordy Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: RX100 appreciation ~ Ruby

Rambow wrote:

Everybody who is not a snob can appreciate the rx100 line-up.

I love my M1 and M7, planning to get another M1 and an M4 just to be stocked and ready to go for years to come.

The IQ is always good, a nice picture taken with the rx100 today will still be a nice picture 20 years from now.

You can get better cameras for the money, but none this small. That makes it worth it for me.

Agree…this IS my travel camera…I dont schlepp a bunch of gear with me when go abroad. The short zoom range (RX100VA=24-70mm) hasnt been a hinderance for my travel photos, the fast lens more than makes up for it.  Granted Im not going on safari with it.

Gogogordy's gear list:Gogogordy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Sony RX100 VA Olympus E-PL8 Sony a6400 GoPro Hero7 Black +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads