How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Started 5 months ago | Polls
Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 8,838
Re: Coolpix 950 and 990

Similar.  I worked with film almost exclusively until fairly recently.

But the Coolpix 995 was my first digital.  Brilliant design and in many ways Nikon has never made a better camera.  Still have 2 of them that work great.  Printed wonderful 8x10s.  To this day, I have never found another camera that would throttle down the flash as well for close-in photography.  Focus might hunt for a while, but it always nailed it.  In manual modes, it would work almost like a miniature studio camera.  Also, later tried out the earlier 800 and 900 cameras.

I have been fortunate in first cameras:

Film: Nikkormat FTN and Yashicamat 124G

Digital: Nikon Coolpix 995

Photodog2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,414
Whew

Whew, I am happy to see that the choice I clicked still had double digits. I have not gone crazy yet. I don't know if there is a quantitative formula that psychology professionals use to determine if a behavior is aberrant in a population. I'll stick to my hypothesis that double digit percentage exhibition by a population of any behavior qualifies it as not yet deviant enough.

Photodog2's gear list:Photodog2's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Nikon D600 Sony a6000 Sony a7 II +9 more
vyoufinder
vyoufinder Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
Re: How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Somewhere along the track you merge from lens-enthusiast into collector.

Ya.  This is where I am now.  Collecting.  The thing I've found though, is that even lenses I thought I'd never really use or thought they would suck, don't.  So I end up using them all for different things.

My goal if I have one in collecting is to own every Pentax or Takumar body and lens  ever made pre-AF.

-- hide signature --

Your focus is your reality

vyoufinder's gear list:vyoufinder's gear list
Sony a7S Sony a7S III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +407 more
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 43,165

vyoufinder wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Ya. This is where I am now. Collecting. The thing I've found though, is that even lenses I thought I'd never really use or thought they would suck, don't. So I end up using them all for different things.

My goal if I have one in collecting is to own every Pentax or Takumar body and lens ever made pre-AF.

I have quite a lot of Takumar M42 lenses in a  failed attempt to try an get as many different ones as I could.  My resolve failed when it started getting towards the rare and really expensive ones ….

My ambition never has extended to Pentax lenses as well ….  I might be crazy but surely not mad.

Must do an inventory.

I do think that I have a copy of every Kodak Retina DKL mount lens type - again  …. The price of the Rodenstock versions was a turn off ….. I am just a cheap collector ….

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Suave Senior Member • Posts: 2,249

I doubt I am over 500, but who knows?

-- hide signature --

Wait... is this a list?

Suave's gear list:Suave's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS RP Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +7 more
ProfHankD
OP ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 8,070

Tom Caldwell wrote:

vyoufinder wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Ya. This is where I am now. Collecting. The thing I've found though, is that even lenses I thought I'd never really use or thought they would suck, don't. So I end up using them all for different things.

My goal if I have one in collecting is to own every Pentax or Takumar body and lens ever made pre-AF.

I have quite a lot of Takumar M42 lenses in a failed attempt to try an get as many different ones as I could. My resolve failed when it started getting towards the rare and really expensive ones ….

My ambition never has extended to Pentax lenses as well …. I might be crazy but surely not mad.

Must do an inventory.

I do think that I have a copy of every Kodak Retina DKL mount lens type - again …. The price of the Rodenstock versions was a turn off ….. I am just a cheap collector ….

At this stage, I must admit that I'm a bit of a collector, but my goal is more like filling half of Noah's Ark: I want to have one of every major, significantly distinctive, type of lens.

I'm pretty close to that goal, missing mostly the things that are expensive and rare, such as the Minolta 24mm f/2.8 VFC and 85mm f/2.8 Varisoft . Surprisingly, Minolta seems to have more truly unique lenses than anybody else -- I already have an STF and the 500mm AF Reflex....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 6,944

ProfHankD wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

vyoufinder wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

I have quite a lot of Takumar M42 lenses in a failed attempt to try an get as many different ones as I could. My resolve failed when it started getting towards the rare and really expensive ones ….

My ambition never has extended to Pentax lenses as well …. I might be crazy but surely not mad.

Must do an inventory.

I do think that I have a copy of every Kodak Retina DKL mount lens type - again …. The price of the Rodenstock versions was a turn off ….. I am just a cheap collector ….

At this stage, I must admit that I'm a bit of a collector, but my goal is more like filling half of Noah's Ark: I want to have one of every major, significantly distinctive, type of lens.

Almost a confession! How many of us here, never-collectors, but diagnosed with GAS-delusional non-collector syndrome.

I'm pretty close to that goal, missing mostly the things that are expensive and rare, such as the Minolta

Don't finish the level! And never level up!

24mm f/2.8 VFC and 85mm f/2.8 Varisoft . Surprisingly, Minolta seems to have more truly unique lenses than anybody else -- I already have an STF and the 500mm AF Reflex....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads