Show Your Snaps...May 10, 2021

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,689
Show Your Snaps...May 10, 2021

This is the weekly Show Your Snaps thread where we invite you to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. I'll be sure to comment about your photos, if you choose to share.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. You might also consider describing your pictures in the subject title. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too. Thanks everyone for your participation.

This is open to all camera systems and skill levels.

OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,689
Tulips III

This is the third set of photos I took at the tulip farm in April.  These were taken at the end of the day, when it started raining.

Photo No. 1 - I had to hurry and take as many photos as I could before the rain came down hard.  At some point I opened my umbrellas early so as to not get the cameras and lenses wet.

Photo No. 2 - Oh, it's getting to be that time.  The umbrellas began to come out.

Photo No. 3 - The ground started getting wet as you can see.  The yellow wooden shoes were there for people to stand in, for photos.

Photo No. 4 - I didn't want to stop.  These tulips were so pretty. I kept snapping away.

Photo No. 5 - She didn't want to stop taking pictures either.

Photo No. 6 - I started to have second thoughts about continuing to take pictures in the rain.  Here are the same people again.

Photo No. 7 - Oh, but there's always a few more I can take. I think these were my favorite tulips.

Photo No. 8 - Who's that out by the tractor that doesn't want to come out from the rain either?

Photo No. 9 - But I think they had enough of this wet weather.

Photo No. 10 - I also was ready to quit, but I had to take one more.  Puddles were beginning to form in the pathways.  I hope you liked my adventure in the rain and all of these beautiful flowers.

stuartp56 Regular Member • Posts: 195
Re: Tulips III

Sometimes it’s worth getting wet! In Oregon, rain gear is essential clothing! 😂

peggy

stuartp56's gear list:stuartp56's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Tulips III - Thanks

Thanks.  So many people here do not let the rain stop them from being outdoors, unless it's pouring down hard.  This spring it has been actually a little dry.  It was a little bit of bad luck for picking that day to see the tulips.  But I was happy that most of the time it was nice (that is, mostly cloudy).

Quinceañera

While I went for a walk in a park last Saturday, I saw what looked like a photo session for a Quinceañera. That's the celebration of a girl's 15th birthday. You can read more about that on the internet.

Photo No. 1 - I first saw them walking along. The tree was in the way, so I waited for the right moment. As a guess, that's probably the mom on the right side with a bouquet of flowers.

Photo No. 2 - They came walking towards me.

Photo No. 3 - The photographer motioned to another location for photos.

Photo No. 4 - There were many photos taken of her under these trees.

mocha123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,874
Re: Tulips III

Hi Digirame,

Beautiful, the colours are just stunning.

mocha123's gear list:mocha123's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
mocha123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,874
I just had to walk the Canals.

Hi all,

It's spring. Sunshine and then the rain

We started off in the sunshine then the ominous clouds appeared. (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/400 ~~ ISO 100 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Manual ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 70mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II ~~ Notes: Partial metering used for initial start point).

Forget-me-nots in abundance. (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/160 ~~ ISO 100 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Manual ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 300mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II ~~ Notes: Evaluative metering used for initial start point).

Heron weighing up lunch. (Aperture f/8 ~~ (SS): 1/200 ~~ ISO 160 ~~ EC: -0.33 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 249mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

A Peacock butterfly. (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/250 ~~ ISO 250 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 300mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

mocha123's gear list:mocha123's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Tulips III - Thanks

Thanks.  I thought so myself.   That's why I had to show three sets, especially since this was the first time in a long time that I had gone to a place other than a park (because of COVID).

Re: I just had to walk the Canals.

Your pictures along the canal are beautiful. I particularly like the first one with the contrast, seeing the sunshine in the foreground and the black clouds in the background.

GetBG
GetBG Regular Member • Posts: 125
Re: Show Your Snaps...May 10, 2021

The Sun is fighting with the clouds over the mountain

-- hide signature --
 GetBG's gear list:GetBG's gear list
Sony a6300 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +4 more

Oh neat!  It's always nice to see that with the clouds and the sun (at least I think so).  That's a beautiful scene, with the mountain snow and green valley.

Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,657

Both sets are very nice Digi, I liked the shot of the Photographer all set up. I wouldnt mind trying to learn that some day.

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D

Very Nice Mocha, I love the bridge scene makes me want to go there and walk around. Of course all are nice.

Just beautiful GetBG

Re: Slow day

It rained hard for three days, so I am guessing the birds must be exhausted from trying to stay dry and warm, But I did find a few. Merganser and chicks ( I didnt know they hatched here thought they just passed through)

I liked this Oriole pose, it looks like its scratching its head wondering what I am.

Another one in another tree

adventurer69
adventurer69 Senior Member • Posts: 1,816

My snaps

flying formation

Tropical flycatcher with it's meal .

Chaconia flower .

adventurer69's gear list:adventurer69's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot SD880 IS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS M +12 more
Show Your Snaps...May 10, 2021 - Thanks

Thanks. Yes that type of portrait photography is a whole different thing, considering the special lighting etc. I'm not sure, but I think he was using a flash.

I hope you liked seeing the Quinceañera dress  (which I assume that is what it was).  We have a large population of Latinos in our area.  I just love their culture.  Before the COVID pandemic, I was happy to be with them at the Latino Festival with the Aztec dancers.

Re: Slow day

Those are wonderful.  I saw baby ducklings and goslings today too.  We have had sunny weather, so I was out this afternoon.  Your beautiful pictures of the birds motivate me to take more bird photos.

The pelicans remind me of when I saw them at Newport Beach, in Southern California many years ago. They were on the beach, near the fish restaurant waiting for a free meal. I think the restaurant would feed them scraps. That flycatcher bird is sure colorful, similar to a hummingbird. I like the bright red color of the Chaconia flower.

Stricnine Contributing Member • Posts: 981
An Updated Blue Horse

I managed to get another 80 minutes on this target recently, for a total of 2.8 hours of integration time via 34 5 minute images. I switched targets after the EdgeHD 9.25" (2350 mm focal length, f/10) got condensation on the corrector plate (it was very, very humid that night (and most since)), which happened to be a good time to start imaging this target with the SVQ100 (580mm focal length, f/5.8).

Equipment:  SVQ100, QHY367C (same sensor at Nikon 810A), EQ6R Pro, ASI 174mm mini (for guiding), Celestron Off Axis Guider

Stricnine's gear list:Stricnine's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads