Which EF lenses for a high MP R?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Doppler9000 Regular Member • Posts: 410
Which EF lenses for a high MP R?

I have a strong use case for the rear filter EF to RF adapter (IR).  While there is still stock, what exceptional EF lenses would people recommend as strong enough not to be crushed by the RF native equivalent, at least for a while?

Sittatunga Senior Member • Posts: 3,154
Re: Which EF lenses for a high MP R?

Doppler9000 wrote:

I have a strong use case for the rear filter EF to RF adapter (IR). While there is still stock, what exceptional EF lenses would people recommend as strong enough not to be crushed by the RF native equivalent, at least for a while?

A good start would be the ones recommended for the EOS 5Ds or the 5DsR.  How strongly does price comes into your buying plans or is money no object?

OP Doppler9000 Regular Member • Posts: 410

Sittatunga wrote:

Doppler9000 wrote:

I have a strong use case for the rear filter EF to RF adapter (IR). While there is still stock, what exceptional EF lenses would people recommend as strong enough not to be crushed by the RF native equivalent, at least for a while?

A good start would be the ones recommended for the EOS 5Ds or the 5DsR. How strongly does price comes into your buying plans or is money no object?

Great idea - thank you.

Budget is secondary, given the cost of the top tier RF lenses. FL-wise, I am looking for 20 to 24mm ish at the wide end, and up to 200mm at the long.

I am not in need of faster lenses, but will carry their weight if they are better enough  in the f/4 to f/5.6 range.

tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,248

Can you narrow down your needs a bit? What kind of lenses do you need?

Honestly the list of current EF lenses that don't hold up is a shorter one.

1Dx4me
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 11,551

Doppler9000 wrote:

i have 12 EF "L" lenses that i like and use a lot, so when i move to R3 (when available), i won't touch RF lenses, i'll be using my "L" lenses for just about any circumstances.

as suggesting for your use, i am not what you like to shoot the most. if you acquire a EF 24-70 f2.8 II and a canon EF 100-400 II, you can shoot high IQ images and cover a lot of range from Wide to Long. that is what i do using my canon 1Dx and 5DsR cameras and am very happy. that is why i haven't rushed to get R5 yet

good luck.

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads