Abandoned Fishing Boat in Stonehurst

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
kenmo Contributing Member • Posts: 920
Abandoned Fishing Boat in Stonehurst

I started this digital painting a couple of months ago and finally had the chance to finish it. Reference source was a digial photo I took summer 2020 in Stonehurst, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.

Created completey digitally using Photoshop CC 2021, ArtRage 6, Wacom Intuos 3 tablet & stylus and my homebuilt Windows 10 desktop computer.

Source

kenmo's gear list:kenmo's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 +19 more
Iain G Foulds
Iain G Foulds Veteran Member • Posts: 4,696
Re: Abandoned Fishing Boat in Stonehurst

... A very creative bridging of mediums!

-- hide signature --

... “I wander, and I follow my eyes, and the light tells me where to go.”
.......... Douglas A. Yates.

Iain G Foulds's gear list:Iain G Foulds's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon Coolpix 5700 Nikon D70 Nikon D100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +1 more
Blufftonian
Blufftonian Senior Member • Posts: 1,006

Nice image and nice rendering of it.

The old boat looked familiar...and then I realized I took a photo of it in September of 2015 after taking a kayaking trip out of Blue Rocks.  My wife is Nova Scotian and we go up there quite often.

Blufftonian's gear list:Blufftonian's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,933

That is a very cool image you created!  And you've got a very Van Gogh-ish sky there!

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +17 more
RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,844

Great "find," a wrecked boat with all sorts of intricate interesting details, and nice background. I like both your renderings, the first a "Van Gogh" interpretation, the other an HDR. If I were to critique (may I?) I would have had a wider view (the boat filling somewhat less of the overall screen) and I would remove the telephone poles and wires in the distance, to give more of an "older" feel.

Nice job!

OP kenmo Contributing Member • Posts: 920

I''m a knucklehead, bonehead.... I meant to post this to the RETOUCHING group. I guess I should not post late at night after watching 2 hours of St Louis Blue hockey....

Sorry about the error...

kenmo's gear list:kenmo's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 +19 more
Satyaa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,310

Very well done. Thanks for sharing.

If you didn't post it here I would have missed it.

-- hide signature --

My posts/comments are just my opinion. I try to quote my experience to support my opinion, where appropriate. My disagreement with others' opinion is not a personal attack against the person, their knowledge or integrity. I politely explain why I disagree. If my comment is not clear, please ask.
I expect the same from others. And I hope to learn something from them. If they are attacking me as opposed to disagreeing with my opinion, I usually block them.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads