Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

Started 3 months ago | Questions
shahriarbd
shahriarbd New Member • Posts: 6
Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

Dear Friends

I bought a Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used.

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

 shahriarbd's gear list:shahriarbd's gear list
Sony a7C Canon EOS 550D GoPro Hero7 Black Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
trainerKEN Senior Member • Posts: 1,486
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

shahriarbd wrote:

Dear Friends

I bought a Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used.

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

try this:

http://tools.science.si/

 trainerKEN's gear list:trainerKEN's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony a1 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
Thor Egil Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used
2

The free tool A7Info will give you this and a plethora of other Exif information.

https://www.soens.de/a7info.html

-- hide signature --
solberg New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used
2

Actually I had the same problem yesterday. I already have a silver A7C and ordered another black A7C. The box came without a seal (unusual for the German market), exposure compensation was not 0, and display a little shaky/loose around the neutral position when tilting. On my silver A7C it just snappy.

Long story short I used RawDigger. The sealed silver one had shutter count of 2, the "new" black one 224.

Returned it last night already.

 solberg's gear list:solberg's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 50mm F2.5 G
ilumo Regular Member • Posts: 334
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used
1

Do these apps only count mechanical shutter actuations? So if they had 5 ms actuations and only 1000 electronic shutter actuations, would it just show 5?

 ilumo's gear list:ilumo's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Sony a7C Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +13 more
pollup Contributing Member • Posts: 986
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

ilumo wrote:

Do these apps only count mechanical shutter actuations? So if they had 5 ms actuations and only 1000 electronic shutter actuations, would it just show 5?

Yes it would show 5.

 pollup's gear list:pollup's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS Canon EOS 550D +6 more
shahriarbd
OP shahriarbd New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

trainerKEN wrote:

shahriarbd wrote:

Dear Friends

I bought a Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used.

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

try this:

http://tools.science.si/

I just tried sevral times, not working, later found that this tool can check up to Sony a7S

 shahriarbd's gear list:shahriarbd's gear list
Sony a7C Canon EOS 550D GoPro Hero7 Black Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
trainerKEN Senior Member • Posts: 1,486
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

shahriarbd wrote:

trainerKEN wrote:

shahriarbd wrote:

Dear Friends

I bought a Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used.

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

try this:

http://tools.science.si/

I just tried sevral times, not working, later found that this tool can check up to Sony a7S

maybe it isn't supporting the a7C yet but I use it regularly with my a9II and a7RIV, so it may not be updated fully but definitely can check bodies beyond a7S

 trainerKEN's gear list:trainerKEN's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony a1 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
Brian_Smith
Brian_Smith Veteran Member • Posts: 3,431
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used
3

Don't expect it to read zero. Every new camera is tested at the factory. Depending on the camera 10-20% of cameras go through another round of quality checks.

 Brian_Smith's gear list:Brian_Smith's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Sony a7S III Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +9 more
shahriarbd
OP shahriarbd New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

Brian_Smith wrote:

Don't expect it to read zero. Every new camera is tested at the factory. Depending on the camera 10-20% of cameras go through another round of quality checks.

Noted and thank you...

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Shahriar Hossain

 shahriarbd's gear list:shahriarbd's gear list
Sony a7C Canon EOS 550D GoPro Hero7 Black Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
blse59 Regular Member • Posts: 311
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

Brian_Smith wrote:

Don't expect it to read zero. Every new camera is tested at the factory. Depending on the camera 10-20% of cameras go through another round of quality checks.

This made me curious so I checked the very first image I took with my camera (file DSC00001) and it showed 7 shutter actuations. Today I learned...

shahriarbd
OP shahriarbd New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

blse59 wrote:

Brian_Smith wrote:

Don't expect it to read zero. Every new camera is tested at the factory. Depending on the camera 10-20% of cameras go through another round of quality checks.

This made me curious so I checked the very first image I took with my camera (file DSC00001) and it showed 7 shutter actuations. Today I learned...

This 7 shutter actuations, how did u read this number, source? So i can check mine too.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Shahriar Hossain

 shahriarbd's gear list:shahriarbd's gear list
Sony a7C Canon EOS 550D GoPro Hero7 Black Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
Thor Egil Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

shahriarbd wrote:

blse59 wrote:

Brian_Smith wrote:

Don't expect it to read zero. Every new camera is tested at the factory. Depending on the camera 10-20% of cameras go through another round of quality checks.

This made me curious so I checked the very first image I took with my camera (file DSC00001) and it showed 7 shutter actuations. Today I learned...

This 7 shutter actuations, how did u read this number, source? So i can check mine too.

Check the links to two different tools at the top of the thread.

-- hide signature --
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 3,222
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

I’m sure others have said it

just Google search

check Sony shutter count. There are two web pages I know of

i actually did this and starting doing this to be sure the new camera I was buying was new.  It had 5 shutter snaps so I assume it was quality control much like a new car might have a few miles on it.

Charlotte Portraits
Charlotte Portraits New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Sony A7C - How can I check shutter count or how do i know unit was never used

I have an A7c and this site works to check shutter:

https://www.camerashuttercount.com/

 Charlotte Portraits's gear list:Charlotte Portraits's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 20D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads