Canon 5d4 vs 5d3 Rear LCD Screen Cover

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
TL47 New Member • Posts: 16
Canon 5d4 vs 5d3 Rear LCD Screen Cover

I have a 5d4 with a cracked rear display screen that covers the LCD. It's a fairly easy repair to replace the LCD cover, but I'm unable to locate one even on eBay. However, I have come across a few 5d3 covers. Can anyone tell me if they are the same size and compatible/identical? Thanks.

TL47's gear list:TL47's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon G1 X III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
John_Hoffman
John_Hoffman Senior Member • Posts: 2,013
Re: Canon 5d4 vs 5d3 Rear LCD Screen Cover

TL47 wrote:

I have a 5d4 with a cracked rear display screen that covers the LCD. It's a fairly easy repair to replace the LCD cover, but I'm unable to locate one even on eBay. However, I have come across a few 5d3 covers. Can anyone tell me if they are the same size and compatible/identical? Thanks.

Do you mean an add-on screen cover like this:

or do you mean the actual LCD screen itself?

If the latter, it is not an easy replacement. It is a touchscreen module and requires camera disassembly.

-- hide signature --

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John_Hoffman's gear list:John_Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
OP TL47 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Canon 5d4 vs 5d3 Rear LCD Screen Cover

John_Hoffman wrote:

TL47 wrote:

Do you mean an add-on screen cover like this:

or do you mean the actual LCD screen itself?

If the latter, it is not an easy replacement. It is a touchscreen module and requires camera disassembly.

Thanks, John. I just got off the phone with Canon support and verified your reply. Spoke to Canon parts and apparently, Canon decided to integrate the outermost screen with the lcd panel, so the outer screen can be replaced as was possible with earlier versions. Sigh....

TL47's gear list:TL47's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon G1 X III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads