***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, May 1st - 7th, 2021***

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
verybiglebowski
verybiglebowski Veteran Member • Posts: 4,433
Re: Little romance and little horror

rogerjosem wrote:

Outstanding series Viktor. Those colors!!! I'm a fan of your processing signature 🙂

Thank you Roger, much appreciated!

verybiglebowski's gear list:verybiglebowski's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 +3 more
paul katinas
paul katinas Contributing Member • Posts: 785
Burrowing Owls

Burrowing Owls and Owlet.

Sony a7iii, Sony 200-600mm

Happy trails.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137782669@N07/
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7929537959

trainerKEN Senior Member • Posts: 1,497
First Studio Photoshoot since Covid (possibly NSW)
 trainerKEN's gear list:trainerKEN's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony a1 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,407
relaxing in the shade
 BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +4 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 5,876
Re: NSW - If your work is photography . . .

trainerKEN wrote:

. . . then this should be required viewing. Very nice concept and execution.

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,227
Re: Loxia macro

tbpeur01 wrote:

Lox 85 with achromat +3

Very nice 🙂

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +10 more
win10-64 Regular Member • Posts: 482
Black cat.

-- hide signature --

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. The Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning blood/work of the cross, is the only cure for the dreadful disease of our sin against a Holy God. We must be born again. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15.

VisionLight
1st Hummingbird of the Season

It was raining lightly outside when I saw the first Hummingbirds of the season from my kitchen window. Luckily, my A7R IV with the Sigma 60-600mm lens mounted was close by:

The first hummingbird of the season from my kitchen window.

The male with his bright red throat feathers was also out there, but much too far away even for the big lens. I'll try to catch his portrait as well and post it in these threads.

Thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,407
Re: 1st Hummingbird of the Season

Excellent image. Nice shooting!

Jake

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +4 more
travelinbri_74
travelinbri_74 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,407
Re: Temple of Dawn (Bangkok) w/Sony A7R3 + Sigma 24-70/2.8A

Still going through these, but here are a few of my favorites so far:

-- hide signature --
 travelinbri_74's gear list:travelinbri_74's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +5 more
VisionLight

travelinbri_74 wrote:

While I like the moodiness of first light on a cloudy day in this image, I also get the feeling of too much weight in the dark shadows pulling away from the presentation of the architecture. Have you tried bringing out the shadows slightly, not a lot so as not to affect the sky, while giving more dimension and a little color to the lower scene? The image certainly has plenty of latitude in those shadows. Just my observations, as your eye may be quite happy with the image as is.

-- hide signature --
VisionLight
Re: 1st Hummingbird of the Season

BlueJakester wrote:

Excellent image. Nice shooting!

Jake

Thank you, Sir. Appreciate it.

-- hide signature --
travelinbri_74

VisionLight wrote:

travelinbri_74 wrote:

While I like the moodiness of first light on a cloudy day in this image, I also get the feeling of too much weight in the dark shadows pulling away from the presentation of the architecture. Have you tried bringing out the shadows slightly, not a lot so as not to affect the sky, while giving more dimension and a little color to the lower scene? The image certainly has plenty of latitude in those shadows. Just my observations, as your eye may be quite happy with the image as is.

Thanks, I actually totally agree with you but can't figure out a way to get the sky and the temple without it looking HDR and fake. Here was one attempt (from another composition sam day):

-- hide signature --
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +5 more
VisionLight

travelinbri_74 wrote:

VisionLight wrote:

travelinbri_74 wrote:

Thanks, I actually totally agree with you but can't figure out a way to get the sky and the temple without it looking HDR and fake. Here was one attempt (from another composition sam day):

I understand what you mean. Based on the 2nd image above, I applied what looks like an almost comparable opening of the shadows to the 1st image with hardly affecting the sky and came up with this:

In Photoshop, opening of the shadows by 12,10,30

This opens up a little of the green in the trees and some light on the lower details without, I think, looking too HDR. Even upping the adjustment slightly to 14,10,30 did look a little "off" to me. what do you think?

-- hide signature --
travelinbri_74

VisionLight wrote:

travelinbri_74 wrote:

VisionLight wrote:

travelinbri_74 wrote:

I understand what you mean. Based on the 2nd image above, I applied what looks like an almost comparable opening of the shadows to the 1st image with hardly affecting the sky and came up with this:

In Photoshop, opening of the shadows by 12,10,30

This opens up a little of the green in the trees and some light on the lower details without, I think, looking too HDR. Even upping the adjustment slightly to 14,10,30 did look a little "off" to me. what do you think?

Thanks I like it - will have to decide which I like better. Here is one edited with the temple significantly lightened:

-- hide signature --
rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,227
Re: Seal, Gull, Crow.

Nicely framed and processed. Well done 🙂

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +10 more
ReRiksen Junior Member • Posts: 42
Trondheim, weather

ReRiksen's gear list:ReRiksen's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +1 more
travelinbri_74
Re: Trondheim, weather

Love these two!

ReRiksen wrote:

-- hide signature --
xyklisten Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, May 1st - 7th, 2021***

Enjoyed the nice evening light during the weekend.

A7III & Sigma 24-70 2.8

MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,564
Re: Day at the cemetery

John Borrelli wrote:

All the best, john

Very nice spontaneous Spring shots.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads