***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, May 1st - 7th, 2021***

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
John Borrelli
John Borrelli Senior Member • Posts: 1,057
Re: Sunset at Santa Monica Beach, California

Three very nice seascapes! I really love the red reflections in the water in the third image. Wonderful work and all the best, john

John Borrelli
Re: last of the wet season light

A dramatic series of seascapes demonstrating the enormous variety of light available to the photographer, sometimes within a short period of time.

The composition of the first image certainly uses the rock formations and light together in a very positive way.

The third image is particularly striking with a great mix of orange, blue, yellow and grey. A very unusual mix of colors that are well captured. I also think the grey clouds above the rocks adds to a successful composition. Thank you for posting and all the best, john

win10-64 Regular Member • Posts: 485
Black guillemot.

-- hide signature --

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. The Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning blood/work of the cross, is the only cure for the dreadful disease of our sin against a Holy God. We must be born again. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15.

VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 5,879
Re: Blue Dashers

Nice captures, Stan.

Blue Dashers, like most dragonflies, are extremely sociable and will readily pose for you. You just have to engage them in a conversation, just like you would with a model. On one of my last pre-COVID hikes guiding a group of women "of a certain age", a Dasher landed on my face. The women were all so worried for my safety, when I just started talking to it, placed my hand nearby, and it went to my hand. The women went from being very afraid to very intrigued. A group of about 10 or so additional dragons came to see what was going on. So I told the women to talk to them while I went through a whole lesson on dragons. The giggling started when the dragons started landing on them, even on their faces. A lot of fun was had and a lot of pictures were taken. And a lot of myths about "the devil's darning needles" (or "dyning needles" as we called them in Brooklyn) went by the wayside.

These are some examples of the result of some interesting "conversations" I've had with these wonderful creatures:

This out of camera composition is not cropped .

Slight crop after using the "macro" mode of the Sigma 60-600mm .

and one with the A7R IV:

Again, a small crop after using the "macro" mode of the Sigma 60-600mm.

Enjoy your "conversations".    

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +14 more
GSWayne
GSWayne Regular Member • Posts: 175
Some beach cliff shots processed with Silver Efex Pro 2

Sony A7RIV with 20-105 lens

GSWayne's gear list:GSWayne's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Tokina Firin 20mm F2 FE AF Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +2 more
Ha Pham Contributing Member • Posts: 532
Re: last of the wet season light

Fantastic sunsets rb dwn

Ha

Ha Pham's gear list:Ha Pham's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma SD15 Sony a7R IV Sony a7C
Re: Two Seascapes

Wonderful seascapes John.

Ha

TonyCh
TonyCh Regular Member • Posts: 302
Re: Sunset at Santa Monica Beach, California

John Borrelli wrote:

Three very nice seascapes! I really love the red reflections in the water in the third image. Wonderful work and all the best, john

Thank you for your encouraging words, John!

Tony

TonyCh's gear list:TonyCh's gear list
Nikon D810 Sony a7R III Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +6 more

Wow. The 60-600 can get that close. Superb "macro" with that lens VisionLight.

Ha

The Sun

Thanks.

Ha

UncompressedRaw New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Seasonal change

UncompressedRaw's gear list:UncompressedRaw's gear list
Sony a1 Sony FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +3 more
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,407
lilac
 BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN +4 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 5,879

Ha Pham wrote:

Wow. The 60-600 can get that close. Superb "macro" with that lens VisionLight.

Ha

When used with an APS-C camera, or the A7R IV in APS-C mode, the 60-600mm at MFD and some cropping can be a very versatile "macro" lens. It's MFD focusing capabilities appear to be very well corrected across the zoom range.

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +14 more
dv312
dv312 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,875
On birds and only birds

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G
John Borrelli
Re: The Sun

What a great exposure for the sun!  I like the colors and particularly the clouds that are forming wonderful streaks across the sun. A very nice image made with a challenging focal length, Thank you for posting, john

Orsonneke
Orsonneke Regular Member • Posts: 437
Forget-me-nots

Sony a7R4 with 90 macro sony lens

Orsonneke's gear list:Orsonneke's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +10 more
Shunted Junior Member • Posts: 39
Bisti Badlands in NM

Alien Throne

BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,407
Re: Bisti Badlands in NM

Beautiful series. The clouds add excellent texture to the images. More pleasing to the eye than clear blue sky, IMO of course

Nicely done!

Cheers, Jake

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN +4 more
rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,233
Re: Little romance and little horror

Outstanding series Viktor. Those colors!!! I'm a fan of your processing signature 🙂

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +10 more
Re: The Sun

John Borrelli wrote:

What a great exposure for the sun! I like the colors and particularly the clouds that are forming wonderful streaks across the sun. A very nice image made with a challenging focal length, Thank you for posting, john

Thank you John.

Ha

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads