London, Post Lockdown...?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Paul20
Paul20 Senior Member • Posts: 2,855
London, Post Lockdown...?

Hi all,

I'm posting some photos taken in London yesterday - the first time I have visited the city in what seems like a lifetime. Walking around in the spring air, there seemed to be a mixed atmosphere of cautious optimism tinged with some melancholy.

I took the SL2, M9, 35mm CV f2 and 50mm lux. What was nice about the combination was the consistency in the image quality between each system. I like the SL2 but the M9 will always have a special place in my heart !

Regards,

Paul

Paul20's gear list:Paul20's gear list
Leica SL2 Leica M9 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar Leica SL 24-90mm F2.8-4
Leica M9 Leica SL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
LeicaEye
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 4,113
Re: London, Post Lockdown...?

Paul20 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm posting some photos taken in London yesterday - the first time I have visited the city in what seems like a lifetime. Walking around in the spring air, there seemed to be a mixed atmosphere of cautious optimism tinged with some melancholy.

I took the SL2, M9, 35mm CV f2 and 50mm lux. What was nice about the combination was the consistency in the image quality between each system. I like the SL2 but the M9 will always have a special place in my heart !

Regards,

Paul

Some very nice images, they seem a little u/exposed (it may be my monitor) As an expat, I would love to know the locations.. Thanks for sharing.. Regards, L

-- hide signature --

“Hold the vision, trust the process.” –

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 90D +7 more
Paul20
OP Paul20 Senior Member • Posts: 2,855

Some very nice images, they seem a little u/exposed (it may be my monitor) As an expat, I would love to know the locations.. Thanks for sharing.. Regards, L

Hello L,

Yes I guess the guy on Blackfriars Bridge might be a little underexposed. I look at them on a 5K monitor and there is detail in the shadows but perhaps some of that gets lost.

The other photos are taken around Westminster. I don't know if you are familiar with the Covid Memorial wall, which sits directly opposite the Parliament and forms the boundary with St Thomas' Hospital. I found it very poignant.

Best

P

Leica SL2 Leica M9 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar Leica SL 24-90mm F2.8-4
LeicaEye

Paul20 wrote:

Hello L,

Yes I guess the guy on Blackfriars Bridge might be a little underexposed. I look at them on a 5K monitor and there is detail in the shadows but perhaps some of that gets lost.

The other photos are taken around Westminster. I don't know if you are familiar with the Covid Memorial wall, which sits directly opposite the Parliament and forms the boundary with St Thomas' Hospital. I found it very poignant.

Best

P

Hi, I haven’t been to London since 2016, so I’m not familiar with the Wall. Used to do a lot of photography in the area (circa 1990’s with my 2 sons) Take Care  L

-- hide signature --

Paul20

Hello L,

Best

P

Hi, I haven’t been to London since 2016, so I’m not familiar with the Wall. Used to do a lot of photography in the area (circa 1990’s with my 2 sons) Take Care L

L,

This is the extent of the wall/memorial -

LeicaEye

Paul20 wrote:

Hello L,

Best

P

Hi, I haven’t been to London since 2016, so I’m not familiar with the Wall. Used to do a lot of photography in the area (circa 1990’s with my 2 sons) Take Care L

L,

This is the extent of the wall/memorial -

Amazing, thank you for showing.. L

-- hide signature --

Josh B
Josh B Senior Member • Posts: 1,137

thank you for positing.  Loved them all.  I live only 50 mins drive away and before the pandemic it was my fav photo hunting ground

Looking forward to getting back in soon

Josh

Josh B's gear list:Josh B's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10 Monochrom Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH +1 more
Paul20

I hear you Josh.....I hear you 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads