Show Your Snaps...April 26, 2021

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,790
Re: Show Your Snaps...April 26, 2021

I like the variety of different kinds of birds you got...good job with the wood duck, getting a photo of it outside of the water.  That osprey got a big lunch.  Once I saw a heron get a fish of that size and swallow it whole.  I thought the heron would choke since it was so large.

I'm not sure of the flower ID, but it is sure pretty. You got a good background with the flower too. How long have you had the Canon 55-250mm lens?  Did you get it recently, or when you got the camera?

stevet1 Regular Member • Posts: 410

Digirame wrote:

I'm not sure of the flower ID, but it is sure pretty. You got a good background with the flower too. How long have you had the Canon 55-250mm lens? Did you get it recently, or when you got the camera?

Digirame,

Thanks. I got the camera in January, body only.  It took me a year to save up for it. I think I got the 55-250 a month or two afterward. I like it a lot.

Steve Thomas

GetBG
GetBG Regular Member • Posts: 131

Some random shots from today stroll

-- hide signature --
 GetBG's gear list:GetBG's gear list
Sony a6300 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +4 more
Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,689

Stevet 1 I really like the simplicity of your shot, makes it very intereseting

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D

Very nice set GetBG the car is cool but the cat is intriguing, makes me wonder what its thinking.

Re: Migration time means yard time

I sat in my yard today watching for migrators, I did see some warblers but they were to small and to far away for shots today. The only migrator I got was a rose breasted gross beak, then some shots of the locals.

Locals Mockingbird

Brown Thrasher

They are all excellent!!!  I especially like the first one.

Re: Migration time means yard time

Wow...fantastic.  Every time I see your wonderful bird photos, it makes me want to find some birds of my own.

GetBG

Rocket13 wrote:

Very nice set GetBG the car is cool but the cat is intriguing, makes me wonder what its thinking.

He was just rejected by one very furious female... Again...

-- hide signature --
Sony a6300 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +4 more
GetBG

Digirame wrote:

They are all excellent!!! I especially like the first one.

Thank you, I was experimenting with my Sigma 17-50, this lens although not pricey like a L-glass is just razor sharp, the only times something is soft is because I did a mistake while focusing

-- hide signature --
GetBG

Yesterday I bought a mint condition used Canon EF-S 18-135 IS (first generation) for only 50$ and although it is a very old and simple design I am surprised with the image quality, far away from the Sigma 17-50 and ever further from L-glass, but with it's 415 grams and with such versatile zoom range I might use it for hikes and travel when I don't have enough space in my bag for the 70-200 f4L and for the Sigma

100mm f/5.6

18mm f/5.6

22mm f/10

What do you guys think

-- hide signature --

I think the photos look great.  I used my Canon 18-135mm USM lens also yesterday.  I took a few photos from 18mm all the way out to 135mm for comparison.  That's a 7.5X zoom.  You got that for an excellent price.  I got mine for about $135 to $150 (USD) on Ebay, including shipping.  There were no defects or scratches on the lens.  I have never seen either one of them being that inexpensive.  I like looking for deals.

benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,688
Re: Miso is saved

Miso is saved but he may remain diminished for the remainder of his life. But I have hope that he will continue to improve. I haven’t posted a lot of stuff lately because my chores are increasing (wife disabled, my 86 years old mom and now my dog for the past month).

Weather was warmer beginning April than now and I didn’t ride my Sea-Doo since April 10th, a few hours after ice receded. I showed that picture before. Since then, we had cold temperature and even snow. The water is still at 42 degrees F…

April 10th. Water very very cold.

April 22nd. Well, I didn’t leave the Sea-Doo on the lake.

Miso on April 24th (he fell ill on April 01).

Miso waiting for his personalized support on April 26th. Notice the bowl on the table…

I wish my wife could heal like that.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more

That is good that Miso has been saved.  It's nice to hear from you,  That blue sky looks beautiful, even though it's cold outside.  I heard it was snowing in Massachusetts recently, so it's likely you all got the same cold air.  You are a good man to be helping and spending time with your wife and mom like that...of course Miso too,  Take care...hope the weather warms up for you.

benjilafouine wrote:

Miso is saved but he may remain diminished for the remainder of his life. But I have hope that he will continue to improve. I haven’t posted a lot of stuff lately because my chores are increasing (wife disabled, my 86 years old mom and now my dog for the past month).

Weather was warmer beginning April than now and I didn’t ride my Sea-Doo since April 10th, a few hours after ice receded. I showed that picture before. Since then, we had cold temperature and even snow. The water is still at 42 degrees F…

April 10th. Water very very cold.

April 22nd. Well, I didn’t leave the Sea-Doo on the lake.

Miso on April 24th (he fell ill on April 01).

Miso waiting for his personalized support on April 26th. Notice the bowl on the table…

I wish my wife could heal like that.

Benji, first nice set, second so happy for you and Misco. For what its worth I pray everyday on my hour trip to work and you and your family are included in them every day. I really hope God smiles on you and your wife like he has been on me and mine.

benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,688

Thanks Rocket. Some days I think my wife won’t be able to stay at home much longer. One year max.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more

benjilafouine wrote:

Thanks Rocket. Some days I think my wife won’t be able to stay at home much longer. One year max.

Well, I will pray harder. I know to well that hole in the heart and the stress you are going through it truly saddens me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads