Show Your Snaps...April 26, 2021

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,690
Show Your Snaps...April 26, 2021

This is the weekly Show Your Snaps thread where we invite you to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. I'll be sure to comment about your photos, if you choose to share.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. You might also consider describing your pictures in the subject title. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too. Thanks everyone for your participation.

This is open to all camera systems and skill levels.

OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,690
Tulips

Last Saturday I was able to go to a tulip farm to take pictures. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic it was closed last year. This year they opened it up to people, but on-line reservations had to be made to reduce the amount of people and congestion. So, here we go. I finally got another chance to take some photos of something other than at a park or local wildlife area.

Photo No. 1 - This is one of the first photos I took.

Photo No. 2 - There were clouds but we didn't have rain until later. The sign below basically asked that people not walk along the narrow paths (but stay on the wide paths). You can see the tulip flowers were damaged a little bit that way.

Photo No. 3 - I wanted to take as many photos as I could before it started raining.

Photo No. 4 - There were so many beautiful flowers.

Photo No. 5 - For a few minutes we even had some blue sky.

Photo No. 6 - From this picture you can see the Cascade Mountain Range in the background.

Photo No. 7 - Beautiful yellow tulips too....

Photo No. 8 - They had this platform for people to climb.

Photo No. 9 - I was so busy taking photos in the fields, I forgot to use the platform myself to take more pictures at that height.

Photo No. 10 - I zoomed in closer for this one. I brought with me two cameras and two lenses, but decided to see if I could just use the Canon 18-135mm lens. I wanted to do it that way, so I had good depth of field. As you can see, there were very few people looking at flowers and if I wanted to take candid photos of people I would do it at close range. Later we did have rain and I got more photos of the tulips beneath an umbrella. But I'm staying with the ten photo limit. I can show more pictures later, this week or next.

GohanX Regular Member • Posts: 152
Re: Show Your Snaps...April 26, 2021

Trying out the new 55-250, it seems to work! Cropped heavily since 250mm isn't that much reach, but I'm amazed at how much detail it pulled in a relatively small area of the picture.

GohanX's gear list:GohanX's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS Rebel T6s Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III
mocha123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,874
Re: Tulips

Hi Digirame,

Beautiful photos, every week we're getting reminders that spring is here.

mocha123's gear list:mocha123's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more

Hi GohanX,

Nice one.

Canon EOS 700D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Spring Shines through

Hi all,

We're still getting the cold breezes but the sun is shining

Fishing Lake. (Aperture f/8 ~~ (SS): 1/320 ~~ ISO 100 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 50mm ~~ Lens: Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

Chaffinch singing, why not it's spring. (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/400 ~~ ISO 640 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Custom ~~ Metering: Partial ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 600mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

Small White on a dandilion. (Aperture f/5.6 ~~ (SS): 1/640 ~~ ISO 100 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 300mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 7D Mark II).

Early spring wildflower. (Aperture f/7.1 ~~ (SS): 1/160 ~~ ISO 250 ~~ EC: 0 ~~ PASM Mode: Aperture Priority ~~ Metering: Evaluative ~~ Focus Type: AI Servo ~~ FL: 90mm ~~ Lens: Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro ~~ Camera ID: Canon EOS 70D).

That's great.  I used that lens in place of my Tamron 150-600mm lens for a few years for wildlife.  I still like using that lens.  It gives us a lot of reach and it is so lightweight.

Tulips - Thanks

Thanks.  Our string of sunny days ended; we are back to rainy weather again for a while.  But the colors of the spring flowers remind us that summer is near.

Re: Spring Shines through

It's nice to see the sunny pictures.  You do such a good job with composition.  I like how you put together everything in the last photo.

Hi Digirame, Thanks.

I'm just happy to be out there again especially since most of last spring was in lockdown for me.

adventurer69
adventurer69 Senior Member • Posts: 1,816

My snaps

adventurer69's gear list:adventurer69's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot SD880 IS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS M +12 more

I like seeing flowers with rain drops.  You reminded me.  I forgot to take pictures of the tulips when it was raining last Saturday.  The photo of the bird is excellent, especially with the background.

Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,657
Re: Tulips

That is such a beautiful place and of course another great set Digi

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D

Wow very nice Mocha, I would love to see one of those chaffinch over here.

Very cool adventurer, the dove looks like it is enjoying itself very much.

Tulips - Thanks

Thanks.  Hopefully as this pandemic lessens, I'll be able to get out to more places like this.  I hope by this summer.

Catching up, I have been shooting but have been busy so here are a few of my favorites from this week.

Blue Winged teal

Female Wood duck

Eastern Pewee

Tree Sparrow

Osprey in lunch during thunderstorm

Ontarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,410

Very nice captures Rocket.  We have a pair of tree swallows nesting in a bird house in our yard.  I'll have to try photographing them when ever it stops raining.

Hi Rocket,

Great set, love the Swallow and the Osprey.

stevet1 Regular Member • Posts: 371

Also using the 55-250.

Is this goldenrod?

Steve Thomas

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads