***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, April 24th - 30th, 2021***

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,308
VisionLight: A7C w/Sony 90mm f/2.8 G macro, Wildflowers

VisionLight wrote:

Nice captures. I particularly like the trout lilies and how you preserved their full color palette under that light.

Thank you for comment.  Yes, I lover the colors and light.

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
William Curtindale
MicahSYL: A7C w/Sony 90mm f/2.8 G macro, Wildflowers

MicahSYL wrote:

William Curtindale wrote:

Such a nice day ๐Ÿ˜Š I had to go out for a walk in the woods to see how the wildflowers are doing (mother nature at work). I got some fun photos of Hepatica, Trillium and Trout Lily. The Trillium are still a week or so from being plentiful (lots of small buds). I love the natural beauty and bright colors.

All images shot handheld with A7C w/90mm f/2.8 G macro.

Wonderful series of images. I am impressed by these 2 images, as I find it most difficult to capture details and separation of white on white. You have done them well. Cheers.

Thank you for observation and comment.  With white flowers I pull down on highlights in PS CC ACR post processing.

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
win10-64 Regular Member • Posts: 486
Re: White cat.

Thanks. Btw just wondering what software you used to crop it further?

MicahSYL wrote:

win10-64 wrote:

Wow, excellent work. The sharpness is really astonishing. Here is a crop from yours.

Fantastic. Cheers.

-- hide signature --

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. The Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning blood/work of the cross, is the only cure for the dreadful disease of our sin against a Holy God. We must be born again. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15.

William Curtindale
wade maney: More than one kind of rose...

wade maney wrote:

Wade

Nice series.  Yes, both kinds of a rose are stunning and beautiful.

-- hide signature --

barnyz Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: ***Warwick England***

Short video tour of a historic town in the middle of England including its very famous castle. Shot mostly on my Sony A7iii + 24-105mm F4 with a few shots also from an A6300 and a DJI Osmo Pocket

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
barnyz Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: Sand dune impressions

Excellent shots especially the second where i really like the contrast created by the split between the rippled textured sand and the clear blue of the sky!

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
William Curtindale
win10-64: White cat.

win10-64 wrote:

Nice capture and detail of the white cat.  I like how the eyes and pink nose and pink rim around the ears stand out.

-- hide signature --

MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,573
Re: ***Warwick England***

Very pain taking effort can be seen.  Another very well done project.  The ending with the Mill Garden was very nice and soothing.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
MicahSYL
Re: MicahSYL: A7C w/Sony 90mm f/2.8 G macro, Wildflowers

MicahSYL wrote:

Such a nice day ๐Ÿ˜Š I had to go out for a walk in the woods to see how the wildflowers are doing (mother nature at work). I got some fun photos of Hepatica, Trillium and Trout Lily. The Trillium are still a week or so from being plentiful (lots of small buds). I love the natural beauty and bright colors.

All images shot handheld with A7C w/90mm f/2.8 G macro.

Wonderful series of images. I am impressed by these 2 images, as I find it most difficult to capture details and separation of white on white. You have done them well. Cheers.

Thank you for observation and comment. With white flowers I pull down on highlights in PS CC ACR post processing.

Agreed, in PP (Affinity) often I will also use: -20 in shadow, -10 in highlight, -20 in brightness and increase contrast, then adds back the brightness in the upper layers.  Yes, PP nicely done.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
MicahSYL
Re: White cat.

win10-64 wrote:

Thanks. Btw just wondering what software you used to crop it further?

MicahSYL wrote:

win10-64 wrote:

Wow, excellent work. The sharpness is really astonishing. Here is a crop from yours.

Fantastic. Cheers.

I use Affinity as my main editor, as LR is on monthly rental, while Affinity is perpetual licensing.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Another of the white cat.
-- hide signature --

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. The Lord Jesus Christ and His atoning blood/work of the cross, is the only cure for the dreadful disease of our sin against a Holy God. We must be born again. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15.

William Curtindale
Re: Another of the white cat.

win10-64 wrote:

Please send that cat to me so I can have some fun. I like the 2nd image best (the tail gives it character).

-- hide signature --

Moon during day.

-- hide signature --

BlueJakester
BlueJakester Veteran Member • Posts: 3,407
Re: Moon during day.

Brilliant image! Well done.

Cheers,

Jake

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +4 more
wade maney Regular Member • Posts: 492
Re: More than one kind of rose...

Thanks - Ed. Iโ€™m really enjoying taking photos with the A1. No problems so far - except for the rare but annoying viewfinder problem - (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64941631). Supposedly Sony is aware and thereโ€™s a fix on it way. And of course it airways  helps to have lovely subjects.

Wade

wade maney's gear list:wade maney's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +6 more
William Curtindale
A7C, Trying My Best To Capture Images With Interest and Impact

I am trying my best to add some creative / artistic touch to my images. At my age (77) and health condition I don't get to travel to far away scenic or exotic lands. So I am limited to working within my local community and trying to make my images interesting. Yep, it's more about composition and content (not about can make a huge print). It's sometimes frustrating but still fun working with my camera and lenses. All images shot between one and ten miles from home.

I love using my A7C with native FE, E APS-C and A-Mount lenses.

C&C appreciated.

-- hide signature --

wade maney Regular Member • Posts: 492
Re: wade maney: More than one kind of rose...

Thanks William. It’s easier with lovely subjects.

Wade

wade maney's gear list:wade maney's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +6 more
MicahSYL
Re: Another of the white cat.

win10-64 wrote:

Yes, beautifully taken.  Glad you have excellent control over your gears.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Stan in NH
Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,837
Re: Momma and baby Egret

Rob J wrote:

Great shot!

How did you manage to get a shot at eye level though? Egrets tend to build their nests high in the trees.

This was shot at the Pinckney Wildlife Preserve on Hilton Head Island, SC.  There is a large rookery with small islands, heavily populated with Egrets, Herons, and Anhingas.  Many nests are within 20 or 30 yards of land and are near the waterline or in the trees, which only reach about 50โ€™ above the water.

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony a7R IV
Stan in NH
Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,837
Re: Momma and baby Egret

This is at the rookery at Pinckney Wildlife Preserve on Hilton Head Island, SC.

richj20 wrote:

What a beautiful scene. Where was the nest located?

- Richard

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony a7R IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads