A6600 with Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Joachim Wulfers
Joachim Wulfers Veteran Member • Posts: 4,896
A6600 with Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2

Today I had the opportunity to take out my new cv lens. I took it easy today since yesterday it bit me with some CAs. Today I faired better and I am getting to bond with the lens. Comments and critics are welcomed.

Some architectural images, trying to avoid the dreaded CAs with fast lenses

Old, modernized distillery in Guelph, ON

Art in rust

The deep, dark forest and split rail fences

Notice the recent snow

In the distance some Buffleheads

Shot in B+W setting in-camera

A walk through the forest

Be careful that this boulder does not roll over your foot. How does this get into a perfectly flat forest?

JoWul
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jowul/

Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony a6600 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II +12 more
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 34,070
Joachim,

Looks nice - I like how some of the manual lenses have a certain character - even if not always the sharpest or most perfect - there's just a feel to the out of focus areas and color that's interesting to me.  I have the Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 and always enjoy playing around with it for just that reason!

Never tried the Voigt 40mm - but I have a nice old Konica 40mm F1.8 that I also enjoyed - though I haven't put it on the A6600 yet.  Maybe I should!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Joachim Wulfers
OP Joachim Wulfers Veteran Member • Posts: 4,896
Re: Joachim,

zackiedawg wrote:

Looks nice - I like how some of the manual lenses have a certain character - even if not always the sharpest or most perfect - there's just a feel to the out of focus areas and color that's interesting to me. I have the Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 and always enjoy playing around with it for just that reason!

Never tried the Voigt 40mm - but I have a nice old Konica 40mm F1.8 that I also enjoyed - though I haven't put it on the A6600 yet. Maybe I should!

Thanks Justin. I am still playing around with this CV40/1.2 getting used to its characteristics mostly to avoid getting into CAs. Close up environmental portraits look fantastic even wide open. It’s a fun lens. I had two of the Konica 40/1.8 when I had my NEX5N. I liked the FL and colours but the Bokeh was mostly terrible.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony a6600 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads