Indy downtown.

Started 2 months ago | Photos
1Dx4me
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 11,348
Indy downtown.

Indy downtown a few years ago:

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,799
Re: Indy downtown.

Nice clean shot! I get the feeling that one could should an interesting night shot, with the lights of the buildings reflecting in the river....? 

peter826 Contributing Member • Posts: 693

I live in Indianapolis, and this is a great location.  Yes, this is a good spot for a night shot with reflections.  You can also shoot the moon rising over the city here.  And, it's a great location for fourth of July fireworks as well.

peter826's gear list:peter826's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a6000 +8 more
1Dx4me
OP 1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 11,348

RUcrAZ wrote:

Nice clean shot! I get the feeling that one could should an interesting night shot, with the lights of the buildings reflecting in the river....?

thank you much, good idea but haven't thought of the night shot...i may try that.

regards.

-- hide signature --

1Dx4me

peter826 wrote:

I live in Indianapolis, and this is a great location. Yes, this is a good spot for a night shot with reflections. You can also shoot the moon rising over the city here. And, it's a great location for fourth of July fireworks as well.

thanks, Peter.  i have been to this location a few times and real like it. i have shots of downtown from other locations as well but i like to go inside downtown and do some photog, real soon (as soon as i get vaccinated ).

-- hide signature --

David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 4,926

Very nice scene and I like the way you have given character to the sky by including the clouds.

But the sky is too light and flat looking for me.

Applying a Neutral Density Graduated Filter layer and some dodge and burn would make the sky and overall scene pop a lot more for me.

If we can post edited versions of your image I can show you what I mean.

Just my $0.02 and hopefully some food for thought.

Thank you for sharing

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
1Dx4me

David1961 wrote:

Very nice scene and I like the way you have given character to the sky by including the clouds.

But the sky is too light and flat looking for me.

Applying a Neutral Density Graduated Filter layer and some dodge and burn would make the sky and overall scene pop a lot more for me.

If we can post edited versions of your image I can show you what I mean.

Just my $0.02 and hopefully some food for thought.

Thank you for sharing

thanks, David, i tried what you suggested but then i noticed that the pristine sky looked cluttered, and that is because that's how i remember the sky on that day, so i rather leave it the way it is

P.S. i usually use GND and CPL filters when the sun is in the front intensely to lessen the extra exposure, but in this case, the sun is slightly behind me and no harm done, IMO.

-- hide signature --

David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 4,926

No problem

Thank you for trying my suggestion.

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads